Who will face Trump in the election of 2020?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That would be my pick ... though under the current circumstances, any Dem will do ...
I'm more in the place where a lot of people were last time, when it was, "Anyone but Hillary." I'll take anyone who gets this fraud of an embarrassment to the party I've supported more often than not out of the White House.

Biden/Warren seems like the ticket. Joe, despite having one kid willing to trade on his dad's name, has a history of decency and public service. Warren is smart and would be great on the debate end of things.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm more in the place where a lot of people were last time, when it was, "Anyone but Hillary." I'll take anyone who gets this fraud of an embarrassment to the party I've supported more often than not out of the White House.

Biden/Warren seems like the ticket. Joe, despite having one kid willing to trade on his dad's name, has a history of decency and public service. Warren is smart and would be great on the debate end of things.

Biden is the one I know, Warren is the one I have high hopes for.

Biden can serve one term and then Warren can go on to run for president in 2024, with any of several good choices for VP.

I like Kamala Harris, but it's not going to be her election this time, so maybe she'll land a good appointment and try again.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Biden is the one I know, Warren is the one I have high hopes for.
His political existence was justified by his advocacy and work on the Violence Against Women Act. He's not without issues, but a good man, however encumbered by the times that established the larger part of who he is and how that expresses.

Biden can serve one term and then Warren can go on to run for president in 2024, with any of several good choices for VP.
Seems about right. The polling I've seen indicates that when people get closer to her they tend to like her. She's not as much a first impression candidate.

I like Kamala Harris, but it's not going to be her election this time, so maybe she'll land a good appointment and try again.
I'm not sure. Her attempt to use Biden's misstep was a serious miscalculation. I think it cost her ground she'll have to make up in some corners. A woman running for the presidency has a ridiculous tightrope to walk. She has to appear strong without being seen as overly aggressive, confident without looking arrogant, and ready without being opportunistic. Being black and female just piles on that particular. If she hadn't made that step I noted I'd have said she'd be a great VP and that would be the best way to put her in play as a serious presidential candidate. I'm not sure how Joe's camp feels about her now, if the bridge is singed or smoldering.

She's smart, accomplished, and she interviews well, but that sort of mistake can be a death knell on the national stage, even if it would barely move the needle were she a man. Grossly unfair, but a political truth...time will tell.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
She's smart, accomplished, and she interviews well, but that sort of mistake can be a death knell on the national stage, even if it would barely move the needle were she a man. Grossly unfair, but a political truth...time will tell.

I am thinking Harris would make a great A.G. Considering this administration, she would be busy. I like the idea of Biden/Warren 2020.

Last edited:

bibleverse2

I am thinking Harris would make a great A.G.

From the Repub point of view, Harris would be the worst possible AG.

For she has already threatened to hijack any state legislation that goes against her liberal views, holding it up by AG decree, and/or Dem-Fed-court decree.

This will be the end of states' rights, and the total tyranny of the federal gov't over them.

This is what the Dems want, just as they want to end the Constitutional electoral college system, because of the power that it gives to the states.

The Dems only want federal tyranny over everyone.

The realization of this by "the deplorables" is the whole source of Trump's amazing, populist power. And this is what utterly maddens the Dems.

This is why they are trying so pathetically to impeach Trump before 2020 and their loss to him at that time.

For the Dems see Trump as just the latest Mussolini, when in fact Trump only wants to maintain the Liberty of the People, and hold off the fascist, "politically correct" regime which the Dems want to impose across the entire country.

bibleverse2

I like the idea of Biden/Warren 2020.

From the Dem point of view, the idea of Harris/Warren 2020 might be better.

For Biden is damaged goods (and too old), just as Bernie is.

But in order for Harris to rise, she must ditch her sister as her campaign manager, and hire a real, master campaign manager, no matter what the cost.

And Harris needs to go all-out in seeking Obama's (and his popular wife's) endorsement, which could bump Harris up 10 points at the very least.

Harris could tell Obama that she will keep (and extend) Obamacare, and restore as much of his legacy as possible, always giving him the credit.

Obama could go for this, for he clearly sees Biden as not worthy of the Presidency. ("Shoot me now.")

And Obama could give the Dems and Independent voters many sound reasons why Harris would be the best Dem nominee to take on Trump, and also to appeal to more than radical leftists (a la Sad-Betsy Warren).

-

Also, Harris has to quit referring to herself as a prosecutor. For people hate prosecutors.

Harris needs to refer to herself only as a black, female Senator, a ground-breaking Liberal who wants to be bring calm (Kamala) back to the country after Trump's "insane circus".

For many Independent voters are horrified by Sad Betsy's plans for total upheaval of the healthcare system, and of corporate governance, and of taxes, and of the entire capitalist system as we know it.

Sad Betsy will only bring total chaos to the country, while Kamala will restore "sound moderation" in all things.

The Dems need Independent voters to win. And Sad Betsy is not their choice, by a long shot.

Sad Betsy will only bring the Dems down into total ruin.

But she could help Harris to beat Trump, if Harris enlists her as VP.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
btw, there's a minor controversy ongoing in the Canadian elections - bammy came out of retirement to support Justin Beiber Trudeau

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
"If I had a son, he would look like..."

Screen-Shot-2019-09-29-at-17.56.24.sized-770x415xc.png