What Kind Of Person Could "Execute" A Child?

Arthur Brain

Related to the thread as to whether children should be executed (they shouldn't) but this is to solely address what kind of personality could even entertain pulling the plug on children and to the point of even stabbing them to death. For the advocates of those in favour of such measures then who, with even a semblance of compassion or empathy could carry it out?

The answer is kinda obvious, nobody. Only someone completely devoid of humanity could stick a knife into a child otherwise make the case.

Please don't derail with sidebars about abortion.

Arthur Brain

Selective indignation....that's the liberal way.

No, it's not and it sure ain't mine. I'm not pro abort for starters and I don't agree with the current laws regarding it and if you wanna take that further then I'm happy enough to talk about it on one of the many threads that are on the subject of abortion. This one isn't, for reasons outlined. It's telling that nobody is comfortable with answering on point.

glorydaz

No, it's not and it sure ain't mine. I'm not pro abort for starters and I don't agree with the current laws regarding it and if you wanna take that further then I'm happy enough to talk about it on one of the many threads that are on the subject of abortion. This one isn't, for reasons outlined. It's telling that nobody is comfortable with answering on point.

Don't say "nobody", since I've seen others answer "on point".

I'm not sure why you think it's productive to attempt to shame those who disagree with you. If they thought their position was shameful then they undoubtedly would not hold to it.

I'm not even sure you guys are all talking about the same thing. If we're counting on a corrupt government in this corrupt world of sin to do their job as God intended, I'm not going to hold my breath. Much ado about nothing.....

Arthur Brain

Don't say "nobody", since I've seen others answer "on point".

I'm not sure why you think it's productive to attempt to shame those who disagree with you. If they thought their position was shameful then they undoubtedly would not hold to it.

I'm not even sure you guys are all talking about the same thing. If we're counting on a corrupt government in this corrupt world of sin to do their job as God intended, I'm not going to hold my breath. Much ado about nothing.....

Nobody's answered on point at all in this thread so who are you referring to? Those who ascribe to executing children as young as six and younger for "capital crimes" sure aren't likely to be "shamed" about anything much I'd wager.

I'm just curious as to what those who do advocate for it would consider what type of person is capable of carrying those "executions" out.

:rain:

Arthur Brain

The liberals are the self-righteous!

You haven't even noticed? They think that they are morally superior to all those on the right and to them the end justifies the means.

Jerry, please, if you're just going to do the "liberal diatribe" stuff then there's plenty of your own threads for you to do that on. Not interested in the whole "conservative/liberal" stuff as it is. People can't be oh so neatly pigeonholed into ignorant categories like that and it's boring when people are reduced to silly labels.

glorydaz

Nobody's answered on point at all in this thread so who are you referring to? Those who ascribe to executing children as young as six and younger for "capital crimes" sure aren't going likely to be "shamed" about anything much I'd wager.

I'm just curious as to what those who do advocate for it would consider what type of person is capable of carrying those "executions" out.

:rain:

The government is supposed to be the one who carries out punishment for those who have done wrong.

Arthur Brain

The government is supposed to be the one who carries out punishment for those who have done wrong.

The government wouldn't have any truck with executing six year old children to the point of an executioner stabbing them to death. Again, that isn't the point.

Arthur Brain

Well, excuse me if I went off your script.

It's the point I was making. Guess that's not allowed.:idunno:

The government advocated by those who support the execution of children would be what exactly? Regardless of what form it actually was, someone would still have to do the act wouldn't they? So what kind of person do you think could take on that role?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Related to the thread as to whether children should be executed (they shouldn't) but this is to solely address what kind of personality could even entertain pulling the plug on children and to the point of even stabbing them to death. For the advocates of those in favour of such measures then who, with even a semblance of compassion or empathy could carry it out?

The answer is kinda obvious, nobody. Only someone completely devoid of humanity could stick a knife into a child otherwise make the case.

Please don't derail with sidebars about abortion.

As pro-death penalty as I am, the idea of executing a child does not compute. For one, children are consistently held to a different standard by virtue of freedoms and rights. They do not have the right to vote, drink, leave home,go out on dates without parental permission (which I have no desire to change) because they are not seen as mature and responsible enough to make these choices. IF they are deprived the rights of adults until a certain age, then they shouldn't be punished as adults.