Why Don't the Liberals Want a Wall?

Jerry Shugart

Why would anyone not want a wall?

Here is an example of the horror stories being told about women's trips to the border:

Well, there are fragments of the story, which we were able to gather as we traveled along the U.S.-Mexico border. We, for example, visited a shelter in northern Mexico - in Nogales, Sonora, the Mexican state of Sonora - where one woman said her entire trip north was effectively a sexual assault. She was brought across the border by a man under false pretenses, taken to the city of Atlanta and, she says, used as a prostitute for years. Now, she's back in northern Mexico. That's where we found her.

If a wall is built all of this abuse of women and children at the border will cease overnight!

Would just one person answer the following question for me?:

What is so bad about a wall when compared to all the evil which is resulting from the lack of a wall?

Jerry Shugart

Eh, if you wanna indulge the forum troll then crack on with it, else I answered you on the thread that had nothing to do with "walls" as it was.

So is the following your answer to my question, "What is so bad about a wall when compared to all the evil which is resulting from the lack of a wall?":

It's gonna cost a whole lot more to build than your president has told you, is impractical to build, maintain and patrol, will hardly be impenetrable and won't stop plenty other ways for people to illegally enter the US. It wouldn't be much cop to the environment either and effectively it's unlikely to come about for aforementioned reasons and was likely pre election show boating from Trump.

Your problem is the fact that at this time the only practical way to end this abuse of women and children is by building a wall. Neither you nor the Dems offer any other solution so I guess you are happy with the staus quo! Let the women continue to be raped because you do not like Trump's proposal and you and the Demos refuse to offer an alternative plan.

Arthur Brain

Your problem is the fact that at this time the only practical way to end this abuse of women and children is by building a wall. Neither you nor the Dems offer any other solution so I guess you are happy with the staus quo! Let the women continue to be raped because you do not like Trump's proposal and you and the Demos refuse to offer an alternative plan.

That's the only practical solution in your opinion is it? How so? How long is it gonna take to build cos it sure don't look as though it's gonna be erected anytime soon does it? I mean, how long has Trump gone on about this "wall" only to dawdle and prevaricate regarding it? If this wall is your only "solution" then where have you been for the last two years while it hasn't been built? You happy enough for it to be taking so long?

I'm in favour of tighter border controls, not fawning over some prospect that probably isn't gonna happen anyway.

Jerry Shugart

That's the only practical solution in your opinion is it? How so? How long is it gonna take to build cos it sure don't look as though it's gonna be erected anytime soon does it?

If the liberals in the Congress had not fought a border wall from the beginning it could be well on its way to be completed by now.

In fact, the liberals care nothing about fixing the problem because during Obama's first term they had the votes to fix it anyway which they wanted and they did nothing. Why? Because the issue is a valuable political tool for their game of "identity" politics.

They offer no solutions because they don't want a solution and they couldn't care less about the abuse that is being handed out to women and children at the border!

Arthur Brain

If the liberals in the Congress had not fought a border wall from the beginning it could be well on its way to be completed by now.

In fact, the liberals care nothing about fixing the problem because during Obama's first term they had the votes to fix it anyway which they wanted and they did nothing. Why? Because the issue is a valuable political tool for their game of "identity" politics.

They offer no solutions because they don't want a solution and they couldn't care less about the abuse that is being handed out to women and children at the border!

Yeah, sure, the only reason there isn't a wall already is because of "liberals" and they're all okay with women and children being abused. If this is the level of discourse you can provide then why not volunteer your own services on the border cos you'd make a fine brick wall yourself.

:plain:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Lowe's of Mexico sells 32 foot extension ladders. :doh:

I suspect that they sell shovels as well

come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that in mexico you can buy bulldozers and cherry-pickers

did you have a point?

ok doser

Now THAT's Pointless!

the berlin wall was pretty effective for decades, and I believe the wall between gaza and Israel has also been effective

any particular reason us 'murcans can't create an effective wall?

the walls at legal border crossings seem to be effective and I'm pretty sure we built them

Foxfire

the berlin wall was pretty effective for decades, and I believe the wall between gaza and Israel has also been effective

any particular reason us 'murcans can't create an effective wall?

1) Not many people were trying to get INTO either East Berlin or Gaza.
2) Both of those instances are minuscule in comparison to the 2,500 +/- miles of US/Mexican border that would still have to b just as aggressively patrolled with no (ZERO) assurance of improved security.
3) Because, thanks to Trumps tariff on steel, the costs of building said wall has skyrocketed exponentially.
:think:

ok doser

A bipartisan effort resulted in a wall that has cut the number of illegal immigrant apprehensions to a 10th of what it was in 2006.

President Donald Trump’s promise to build a wall along our Southern border will save countless innocent lives. Our Border Patrol agents have seen firsthand the success of a border wall in Yuma, Ariz. — which serves as a prime example of how investments in personnel, technology and a border wall can turn the tide against a flood of illegal immigration and secure our homeland.
For years, Yuma sector was besieged by chaos as a nearly unending flood of migrants and drugs poured across our border. Even as agents were arresting on average 800 illegal aliens a day, we were still unable to stop the thousands of trucks filled with drugs and humans that quickly crossed a vanishing point and dispersed into communities all across the country.
It is hard for anyone familiar with Yuma sector today to imagine this scene. That’s because nearly a decade ago, a group of bipartisan lawmakers came together to protect the homeland, save innocent lives, and build a physical barrier across the border.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ector-proves-it-elaine-duke-column/586853001/

ok doser

1) Not many people were trying to get INTO either East Berlin or Gaza.

similarly, there are few people trying to illegally cross into mexico from the us

2) Both of those instances are minuscule in comparison to the 2,500 +/- miles of US/Mexican border that would still have to b just as aggressively patrolled

they're already patrolled - how do you think we're catching all them illegals that are on the news every day?

a wall would make those patrols more effective, and ultimately, discourage furriners from trying

...Because, thanks to Trumps tariff on steel, the costs of building said wall has skyrocketed exponentially.

so build it out of concrete, a major component of which is......

sand

lots of sand in the desert