What is your definition of racism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Today, one is a racist if they don't want to mix. Does no one have any right to their own preferences anymore?
    Mix as in inter-racial marriage? Sure people have a right to their own preferences. On the other hand, I might question motivation if someone completely closes them off to other races in dating.

A while back I saw something about online dating preferences where you can restrict based on race and it took the view that it was racist.
    For myself, I'm generally not attracted to black women but would I say 'no blacks' on a website? Is something else at play if someone does? Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by kmoney View Post
      Mix as in inter-racial marriage? Sure people have a right to their own preferences. On the other hand, I might question motivation if someone completely closes them off to other races in dating.
      I was called a racist because i wouldnt date a black guy who kept hounding me at work. Before you question my motivation, i dont find black men generally very attractive at all. As well as chinese men, or japanese men, hispanic men, etc. I prefer white men.

A while back I saw something about online dating preferences where you can restrict based on race and it took the view that it was racist.
      Then you should be forced to date a 500 lb 2 foot tall chinese woman who is 20 years older than you. Right?

For myself, I'm generally not attracted to black women but would I say 'no blacks' on a website? Is something else at play if someone does? Maybe.
      So you beleive you dont really have a right to your own preference. Youve been brainwashed sufficiently.
      sigpic

Comment

I was called a racist because i wouldnt date a black guy who kept hounding me at work. Before you question my motivation, i dont find black men generally very attractive at all. As well as chinese men, or japanese men, hispanic men, etc. I prefer white men.
        And this is your right. I don't find it racist at all. And I'm not a white guy. When that black guy was hassassing you you should have worn a T-shirt with the Confederate flag on it!

On a side note Hispanic men can be white as well.
        Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
        . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

This is a reall interesting video. The filmmaker interviewed a group of people to ask them about the definition of "racism" and to give examples of racism they have witnessed or encountered. It's really interesting.

Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

Originally posted by The Berean View Post
            And this is your right. I don't find it racist at all. And I'm not a white guy. When that black guy was hassassing you you should have worn a T-shirt with the Confederate flag on it!

On a side note Hispanic men can be white as well.
            What i mean is, that my preference is lighter skinned guys as far as looks goes.

like this:

sigpic

Comment

What i mean is, that my preference is lighter skinned guys as far as looks goes.

like this:

So you would consider a Hispanic guy like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	juanpablo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	2432745

. -Ktoyou

Comment

Originally posted by The Berean View Post
                So you would consider a Hispanic guy like this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24862[/ATTACH]
                yep
                sigpic

Comment

like this:

you like justin trudeau?

Comment

Originally posted by ClimateSanity View Post
                    The biggest level of power is indeed education and whites are not holding them up there....it's the refusal to let black children go to the school of their choice through vouchers . The reason for that is because all the awful schools they came from would shut down due to lack of funding.

true story alert:

i used to teach, mostly high school

i taught in two adjacent school districts, one urban, primarily black, mixed representation in terms of poverty/affluent

the other was the suburban district i lived in, my kids were going through, i had graduated from thirty years before - mostly white, mostly double parent households, mostly modestly affluent

a local business magazine did an annual survey of all 431 upstate new york public school districts (upstate means excluding the NYC area and Lawn Giland)

the suburban district always scored in the top five percent

the urban district always scored dead last

the suburban district spent $13,600 per student per year

the urban district spent $16,700 per student per year

that's right - 23% more money to achieve failing results

Comment

What is your definition of racism?
                      The belief that race is classifiable by worth or ability.

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                        you like justin trudeau?
                        ok - too funny not to share

Comment

Today, one is a racist if they don't want to mix. Does no one have any right to their own preferences anymore?
                          Not only that, Angel; but to be PC you have to accept other cultures as well.

I like my culture.
                          I don't want to change it or mix it.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                          They already know monsters exist.
                          We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

i dont find black men generally very attractive at all. As well as chinese men, or japanese men, hispanic men, etc. I prefer white men.
                            Same here.

I have friends galore of other races (close friends), but I would have never dated or married them because that sort of attraction was never there.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                            They already know monsters exist.
                            We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

I don't believe racism exists because I don't believe there's more than one race.
                              "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                              Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                              By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

What about institutional racism. Haven't seen that mentioned thus far.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X