“I am the mother of a gay son and I’ve taken enough from you good people”

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Note that, of the possibilities she mentions, she refuses as impossible the one option that can be unequivocally proved from the Bible.
Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27). :vomit:

queen_of_denial_stein.jpg

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Perhaps you're unaware that in nature, almost every single species that has both males and females has been observed engaging in homosexual activity.

Animals exibiting "domanance" over each other is not about sex.

PureX

But you DO chose to act on it... and someone is always the victim when there is no marriage contract involved.
Then why aren't you equally up in arms about adultery and fornication, which are FAR more common than homosexuality, and far more generally acceptable to society? I don't see any loud calls for outlawing adultery and fornication from the people wanting so badly to outlaw homosexuality.

I wonder why that is.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
To the lady.

You have the audacity to talk about protecting families and children from the homosexual menace, while you yourselves tear apart families and drive children to despair. I don’t know why my son is gay, but I do know that God didn’t put him, and millions like him, on this Earth to give you someone to abuse. God gave you brains so that you could think, and it’s about time you started doing that.

OK, I get it, you are upset. It's fine to let off steam, please feel free to do. When you've done that I'd be happy for a rational discussion.

At the core of all your misguided beliefs is the belief that this could never happen to you,

Like, you mean, cancer, poverty or a seriously twisted childhood? All of which have happened to me. But please grow up, we all have problems to cope with and it is your responsibility as a parent to cope with the problem that has graced your own family.

Whether it is genetic or whether something occurs during a critical time of fetal development, I don’t know. I can only tell you with an absolute certainty that it is inborn.

Well, if it is inborn then it is either genetic or it isn't but bandying technical words about doesn't make you right. Most of us are born with tendencies to violence and aggression but we have to learn to control them.

If you want to tout your own morality, you’d best come up with something more substantive than your heterosexuality. You did nothing to earn it; it was given to you. If you disagree, I would be interested in hearing your story, because my own heterosexuality was a blessing I received with no effort whatsoever on my part.

It isn't 'heterosexuality'. It's normal sexuality. The term 'heterosexuality' is recently popularised term to take the moral overtones out of the equation. To dupe you into believing that it and homosexuality are on a par with each other. They are not. Heterosexuality = normal sexuality. Homosexuality = abnormal or unnatural sexuality.

It is so woven into the very soul of me that nothing could ever change it. For those of you who reduce sexual orientation to a simple choice, a character issue, a bad habit or something that can be changed by a 10-step program, I’m puzzled. Are you saying that your own sexual orientation is nothing more than something you have chosen, that you could change it at will? If that’s not the case, then why would you suggest that someone else can?

Your logic is alittle twisted here. Call it straw man fallacy or whatever you like. I do not suggest that someone can change their sexual orientation at will. Why? Because that is not the issue here at all! You say that you have had enough of us but obviously you haven't really had enough because you haven't learnt yet this very basic fact. The issue is NOT about sexual orientation. Homosexuals have made it an issue of sexual orientation as a means of justifying their own behaviour. The real issue is sex. What is your sex? Male or female, that is the issue. Your son is male. Or else you would not be calling him your son. That is the only issue. He is a man, that is all there is to it.

Homosexuals have invented the concept of sexual orientation to dupe you into believing that it has a scientific basis or that it has some kind of physical or cerebral origin. They want you to believe that you have no control over it. If you don't believe this then you need only look around you to see how many single people there are. I mean those who have never had sexual relations with anyone. There are a lot of them.

You religious folk just can’t bear the thought that as my son emerges from the hell that was his childhood he might like to find a lifelong companion and have a measure of happiness. It offends your sensibilities that he should request the right to visit that companion in the hospital, to make medical decisions for him or to benefit from tax laws governing inheritance.

Dead wrong again. It doesn't offend my sensibilities. As I have said many times, what people do behind closed doors is none of my concern. They understand the risks of their own actions, just as everyone does. I only say this: if you want to follow Jesus (and call yourself a Christian) then you cannot engage in homosexual acts because this is unnatural.

You use religion to abdicate your responsibility to be thinking human beings. There are vast numbers of religious people who find your attitudes repugnant. God is not for the privileged majority, and God knows my son has committed no sin.

You began this piece with accusing Christians of having the audacity to talk about protecting families and yet here you are, having the audacity to tell us what God knows or doesn't know. Let God speak for himself instead of putting words into his mouth.
Please.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I think those who want to live by Biblical law should be free to do so. But I would advise them that it is an all or nothing deal. And those who choose it need to apply it entirely to themselves and others should be free to choose to not live under Biblical law.

GFR7

Animals exibiting "domanance" over each other is not about sex.
Quite true. Male guinea pigs will decide who is "the boss" by one male mounting the other, and it has nothing to do with sexual attraction. If put in with females, they will breed with them.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27). :vomit:

queen_of_denial_stein.jpg

Ah, Leviticus. I assume you check the labels on your clothes to make sure they are made from only one type of fabric (Lev. 19:19).

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
The claim wasn't whether or not it was okay, but that it occurs in nature, whether RC wanted to acknowledge it or not.

There are many behaviors found in nature to be anomalous, the logic here is recognizing that the behavior is unnatural and not embracing an anomaly as normal/natural behavior, because in the end it is not. This is an issue of feelings trumping logic...must be why liberals herald this issue so much given they use emotion/feelings instead of logic to shape their worldview.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Then why aren't you equally up in arms about adultery and fornication, which are FAR more common than homosexuality, and far more generally acceptable to society?

Both sin.

I don't see any loud calls for outlawing adultery and fornication from the people wanting so badly to outlaw homosexuality.

I wonder why that is.

You would if people were stating that its ok with God and you better agree that its ok, or be punished.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have the audacity to talk about protecting families and children from the homosexual menace, while you yourselves tear apart families and drive children to despair. I don’t know why my son is gay, but I do know that God didn’t put him, and millions like him, on this Earth to give you someone to abuse. God gave you brains so that you could think, and it’s about time you started doing that.

To the lady.

OK, I get it, you are upset. It's fine to let off steam, please feel free to do. When you've done that I'd be happy for a rational discussion.

At the core of all your misguided beliefs is the belief that this could never happen to you,
Like, you mean, cancer, poverty or a seriously twisted childhood? All of which have happened to me. But please grow up, we all have problems to cope with and it is your responsibility as a parent to cope with the problem that has graced your own family.

Whether it is genetic or whether something occurs during a critical time of fetal development, I don’t know. I can only tell you with an absolute certainty that it is inborn.
Well, if it is inborn then it is either genetic or it isn't but bandying technical words about doesn't make you right. Most of us are born with tendencies to violence and aggression but we have to learn to control them.

If you want to tout your own morality, you’d best come up with something more substantive than your heterosexuality. You did nothing to earn it; it was given to you. If you disagree, I would be interested in hearing your story, because my own heterosexuality was a blessing I received with no effort whatsoever on my part.
It isn't 'heterosexuality'. It's normal sexuality. The term 'heterosexuality' is recently popularised term to take the moral overtones out of the equation. To dupe you into believing that it and homosexuality are on a par with each other. They are not. Heterosexuality = normal sexuality. Homosexuality = abnormal or unnatural sexuality.

It is so woven into the very soul of me that nothing could ever change it. For those of you who reduce sexual orientation to a simple choice, a character issue, a bad habit or something that can be changed by a 10-step program, I’m puzzled. Are you saying that your own sexual orientation is nothing more than something you have chosen, that you could change it at will? If that’s not the case, then why would you suggest that someone else can?
Your logic is alittle twisted here. Call it straw man fallacy or whatever you like. I do not suggest that someone can change their sexual orientation at will. Why? Because that is not the issue here at all! You say that you have had enough of us but obviously you haven't really had enough because you haven't learnt yet this very basic fact. The issue is NOT about sexual orientation. Homosexuals have made it an issue of sexual orientation as a means of justifying their own behaviour. The real issue is sex. What is your sex? Male or female, that is the issue. Your son is male. Or else you would not be calling him your son. That is the only issue. He is a man, that is all there is to it.

Homosexuals have invented the concept of sexual orientation to dupe you into believing that it has a scientific basis or that it has some kind of physical or cerebral origin. They want you to believe that you have no control over it. If you don't believe this then you need only look around you to see how many single people there are. I mean those who have never had sexual relations with anyone. There are a lot of them.

You religious folk just can’t bear the thought that as my son emerges from the hell that was his childhood he might like to find a lifelong companion and have a measure of happiness. It offends your sensibilities that he should request the right to visit that companion in the hospital, to make medical decisions for him or to benefit from tax laws governing inheritance.
Dead wrong again. It doesn't offend my sensibilities. As I have said many times, what people do behind closed doors is none of my concern. They understand the risks of their own actions, just as everyone does. I only say this: if you want to follow Jesus (and call yourself a Christian) then you cannot engage in homosexual acts because this is unnatural.

You use religion to abdicate your responsibility to be thinking human beings. There are vast numbers of religious people who find your attitudes repugnant. God is not for the privileged majority, and God knows my son has committed no sin
You began this piece with accusing Christians of having the audacity to talk about protecting families and yet here you are, having the audacity to tell us what God knows or doesn't know. Let God speak for himself instead of putting words into his mouth.
Please.
POTD
:first:

Arthur Brain

Hmm, I'm not sure where you get the idea that homosexuals invented the concept of sexual orientation exactly, cite?

As to the rest then let's just get real here. If you're heterosexual, 'normal', straight etc then your orientation is an exclusive attraction to the opposite sex. You don't need to have actually had sex in order to identify as a straight man or woman either. As the woman in the article pointed out you don't get a say in it, that's simply fact else I invite anyone to share that day where they made a conscious decision to start liking the opposite gender. To say that homosexuals have borne the concept of orientation to 'justify behaviour' seems rather daft to me.

For sure, there'll be single people who've never had sexual relations and if that's their choice then fine, but I doubt there's that many either gay or straight.

Arthur Brain

Looks like she is walking her son into hell to me.

Love protects and shes not protecting.

She may well not believe in your version of hell for which I certainly couldn't blame her.

Perhaps if she were to start calling her son a faggot and a disgusting queer that would be more loving and effective?

Arthur Brain

There are many behaviors found in nature to be anomalous, the logic here is recognizing that the behavior is unnatural and not embracing an anomaly as normal/natural behavior, because in the end it is not. This is an issue of feelings trumping logic...must be why liberals herald this issue so much given they use emotion/feelings instead of logic to shape their worldview.

And yet it's "conservatives" overall who have by far an illogical hang up on the issue of homosexuality, certainly if this forum is anything to go by at any rate. How do you explain that?