Supreme Court: Marriage

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Chief Justice Roy Moore Says Supreme Court Justices Can be Impeached http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/3787476347.html
Sure. It was tried once, initiated by the House in 1805 before the Senate killed it. All you need is a serious violation of law or ethic. You can also raise an amendment to the Constitution, but both are arduous tasks and this one is a fool's errand.

Maybe Moore should helm the try. :rolleyes:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Sure. It was tried once, initiated by the House in 1805 before the Senate killed it. All you need is a serious violation of law or ethic. You can also raise an amendment to the Constitution, but both are arduous tasks and this one is a fool's errand...

:idunno: Or don't appoint lawless men in the first place. :cigar: 2 Thess. 2:7, 8

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:idunno: Or don't appoint lawless men in the first place. :cigar:8
They aren't lawless until adjudicated as such, your inclinations notwithstanding. We've removed the judge and jury nature of a king and made a system to protect a man against a mob that thinks it knows a thing it may well not.

THall

Not if you're speaking to the point I was responding to, which involved impeachment of a sitting S. Ct. Justice.

Wise up.

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-"

If the Government fining a small baker $130,000.00 for not
baking a gay union cake, is not reducing that baker under absolute despotism,
I don't know what is.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't think that means what you think it does. :)

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."
Yes, Polly, I read that too. Now, anything on the current topic. I'll help you, Roy Moore, who was a self-aggrandizing twit at Alabama and remains one to this day, noted a S. Ct. Justice could be impeached. He was right (twit though he is, he gets a few in).

SD short handed that and I responded on the point. Try to address it without putting your eyes out, if you think you can.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-"
Or you could just keep this sort of thing up.

baking a gay union cake, is not reducing that baker under absolute despotism, I don't know what is
We agree completely, you have no idea what you're talking about. :thumb:

Anything on the actual point I addressed or did you just miss talking to me?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Wise up.

I don't know what is.
:thumb: Jn 8:36, Eph 6:13 :5020:

Last edited:

Jose Fly

I don't know what is.

The same government agency awarded a Christian $325,000 from his employer for discrimination on the basis of religion.

Where was your outrage then?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Those who desire to de-sexualize marriage, wish to end the cultural foundations, deeply embedded in our civil society, history and culture, and enthrone the new, ‘partnership’ understanding, which assumes that any legal distinction between same sex and male-female unions is arbitrary and discriminatory. Put simply, the law declares that all those who hold to the conjugal understanding of marriage are little better than racists. They do this for one purpose, the economic reality of such strange structural arrangements.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Those who desire to de-sexualize marriage, wish to end the cultural foundations, deeply embedded in our civil society, history and culture, and enthrone the new, ‘partnership’ understanding, which assumes that any legal distinction between same sex and male-female unions is arbitrary and discriminatory. Put simply, the law declares that all those who hold to the conjugal understanding of marriage are little better than racists. They do this for one purpose, the economic reality of such strange structural arrangements.

It's not about homos. It's about destroying marriage (Heb 13:4).