Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I started this thread because of a comment I made in the "Nobody deserves this" thread. It lead to some interesting comments that I thought warranted a thread of it's own.

Parents who let their kids scream and cry in Wal-Mart.

Nobody deserves this.

JudgeRightly said:
Was at the Barber last week and there was a mother who had brought her 3-year old and 4 year old to get their hair cut.

They kept running around the shop and it was all she could do to just scold them, to which they didn't really listen, and in the end, they both got candy from my barber.

I wanted to scold the mother for not disciplining her children and allowing them to disturb the other customers and almost get in the way of the barber. But of course, then I would be seen as the bad guy, and I rather like my barber.

They acted like spoiled brats, and they needed a good spanking.

Sounds like your barber is a likeable and astute person who had the situation in hand. They were acting like any kid of such an age who lack social awareness so your determination of them being "spolied brats" is as subjective as it is arrogant IMO.

Poly said:
I have 5 kids and they knew never to act out whether at home or in public.

Arthur Brain said:
What did you expect the mother to do, give them a hiding in a public place just as to avoid patrons "discomfort"? Chances are they'd have been more uncomfortable and had to endure more noise as the kids were screaming while being spanked.

Poly said:
You take care of the problem early on when they are at home. You tell them that if they act up they will get spanked. And you don't warn them over and over that they will be in trouble if they keep up their bad behavior which usually ends up in never following through with your idle threat. And if do follow through, you make the spanking counts. You don't tickle their backsides with little pats that they don't feel. If you do this when they're young you nip it quickly so that you can enjoy them as they grow up rather than experience heartaches when the child is older and getting into more serious trouble because they weren't consistently disciplined at an early age.

ArthurBrain said:
You go to a public place where there's young kids about then you should expect this type of stuff.

Poly said:
No, I expect parents to discipline their children like they should.

Poly said:
(Is it bad that if a parent doesn't discipline their bratty kid, I help them out by doing it myself?)

Yes, it absolutely is. What right do you have to enact your own form of "discipline" on someone else's child?

None is what.

Would it be bad if the parent of said child prosecuted you for such?

Not at all. I sure would.

Poly said:
I was kidding.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
not surprised that artie's response would smack of retardation :doh:

i've encountered Amish families in public before and have always marveled at how well behaved their children are

ill bet your were similar Poly :thumb:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
not surprised that artie's response would smack of retardation :doh:

i've encountered Amish families in public before and have always marveled at how well behaved their children are

ill bet your were similar Poly :thumb:

Don't tell anybody I told you this but it's really all about the shock collars. They work great!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Sounds like a thread about red77 who was not properly disciplined as a child. He was a lot of fun until he got the shock treatment. No more fun. Sad.