Are you a Libertarian?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Babarian chuckles:
If you don't know, you haven't been paying attention, Jerry.

Why don't you explain it to me?

Someone already has.

Most Libertarians are pro-choice, but there are definitely pro-life libertarians as well.

It depends on whether or not one thinks of the unborn as persons or not. If so, then one regards them as having rights, including a right to life.

You're not paying attention, Jerry. So tell us, are you really pro-life?

Jerry Shugart

Yes, I am pro life. Besides that, there is ample evidence that by the third trimester (and even before) that what is inside the mother's womb is a person. To deny we must throw our reason to the wind.

Do you support third trimester abortions on the grounds that giving birth would be inconvenient for the woman?

drbrumley

There are pro life Democrats and pro choice democrats, as well as pro life republicans and pro choice republicans. Libertarians also have this divide.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yes, I am pro life. Besides that, there is ample evidence that by the third trimester (and even before) that what is inside the mother's womb is a person. To deny we must throw our reason to the wind.

Do you support third trimester abortions on the grounds that giving birth would be inconvenient for the woman?

"Personhood" is a red herring, intended to take attention away from the FACT that, at conception, a unique living human organism is created

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I would score as more libertarian the test scored me such, but is biased on several factors, such as loaded questions, which is how these test makers get the results they hope for.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I would score as more libertarian the test scored me such, but is biased on several factors, such as loaded questions, which is how these test makers get the results they hope for.

I had the same impression. I supposed that they might have done to get one's emotional response, but you could be right.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
So Jerry, am I to understand, you're questioning whether the unborn are people before the third trimester? What makes you think that?
No, read what he says.

He says he is pro-life, then moves on to say, even you dummies who need observable facts can see the baby is a person by the third semester.

Now, what does this have to do with being a libertarian anyway? It has nothing to do with one having a preference for liberty over equality which is what being libertarian actually means

Remember what John Randolph said?

Jerry Shugart

So Jerry, am I to understand, you're questioning whether the unborn are people before the third trimester? What makes you think that?

Why don't you answer my question? Are you ashamed of your beliefs?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian asks:

(Jerry evades the question)

Do you support third trimester abortions on the grounds that giving birth would be inconvenient for the woman? Why are you suggesting that abortions are different before the third trimester? What difference does that make for you?

You seem to be the only one here who takes that position.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
No, read what he says.

He says he is pro-life, then moves on to say, even you dummies who need observable facts can see the baby is a person by the third semester.

(Barbarian checks)

No,he says:

Besides that, there is ample evidence that by the third trimester (and even before) that what is inside the mother's womb is a person. To deny we must throw our reason to the wind.

I'm wondering why he thinks it's different before the third trimester. I don't think he can call himself "pro-life" if he thinks like that. Human life begins at conception, and there's nothing magical about the third trimester.

Now, what does this have to do with being a libertarian anyway?

Not very much. As noted before, there are libertarians on both sides of the issue. I don't know what his motivation was, but it clearly makes him uncomfortable to be questioned about it.

Jerry Shugart

Barbarian asks:

(Jerry evades the question)

Do you support third trimester abortions on the grounds that giving birth would be inconvenient for the woman? Why are you suggesting that abortions are different before the third trimester? What difference does that make for you?

You seem to be the only one here who takes that position.

The only reason that I can imagine why you to refuse to answer my question is because you are ashamed of your beliefs.