X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
    i don't accept that hurricanes are "essentially heat dissipation engines"
    So you don't agree with NOAA?

furthermore, there are other heat exchange phenomena occurring in the oceans
    Indeed there are. That doesn't change the fact that ocean temperatures are rising.
    “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

- The science and faith of theistic evolution explained.

Comment

Originally posted by Clete View Post
      So, according to your own graph, the trend line has increased by aproximately two whole storms per year, world wide, in the last 150 years. Big woop!
      Yes, upon further investigation, I find that I was incorrect in my interpretation of the data. According to NOAA:

"We find that..there is a small nominally positive upward trend in tropical storm occurrence from 1878-2006. But statistical tests reveal that this trend is so small, relative to the variability in the series, that it is not significantly distinguishable from zero. Thus the historical tropical storm count record does not provide compelling evidence for a greenhouse warming induced long-term increase."

Source: https://www.gfdl.noaa.gov/historical...storm-records/

Comment

Originally posted by Alate_One View Post
        So you don't agree with NOAA?
        i don't agree with their current model of hurricanes as "essentially heat dissipation engines", if that's their position, no

Indeed there are. That doesn't change the fact that ocean temperatures are rising.
        i don't agree with that either, not given the paucity of the current data and the almost total lack of historical data with which to compare it.

Comment

Originally posted by User Name View Post
          Yes, upon further investigation, I find that I was incorrect in my interpretation of the data. According to NOAA:

"We find that..there is a small nominally positive upward trend in tropical storm occurrence from 1878-2006. But statistical tests reveal that this trend is so small, relative to the variability in the series, that it is not significantly distinguishable from zero. Thus the historical tropical storm count record does not provide compelling evidence for a greenhouse warming induced long-term increase."

thank you, UN, for your honesty

pretty sure i've never typed that before

Comment

i don't agree with their current model of hurricanes as "essentially heat dissipation engines", if that's their position, no

i don't agree with that either, not given the paucity of the current data and the almost total lack of historical data with which to compare it.
            Okay so reality is not happening gotcha. The corals in the great barrier reef seem to know . . .
            “We do not believe in God because we need to explain this or that feature of the world. That is what science is for. We believe in God because we see something deeper in the world, something that transcends the scientific explanations.” - Karl Giberson Ph.D.

Comment

thank you, UN, for your honesty

pretty sure i've never typed that before
              You could say such an occurrence is...

(•_•)
              ( •_•)>⌐■-■
              (⌐■_■)

UN-common...

Comment

Okay so reality is not happening gotcha. The corals in the great barrier reef seem to know . . .

I don't disagree that localized temperature changes occur, but I don't agree that their causes are known either

Comment

according to wiki:

In addition, approximately 400,000 years ago there was a particularly warm interglacial period with higher sea levels and a 4 °C (7 °F) water temperature change.[22]:37

doesn't your model hold that we're currently in an interglacial period?

Comment

Originally posted by User Name View Post

Remember, the models that accurately predicted more strong storms did not predict more storms.
                    This message is hidden because ...

Comment

Still waiting for Barbarian to demonstrate the validity of his assertion that give storms in five years is unexpected.

PREDICTION: He'll keep hiding.
                      Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                      E≈mc2
                      "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                      -Bob B.

Comment

Hurricanes do have very complex structures, but they work entirely by heat, gravity, and the rotation of the Earth. The reason they die over land is that land holds less thermal energy than water, and the hurricane dissipates the heat faster than the earth can replace it.
                        This message is hidden because ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                          Hurricanes ... work entirely by heat, gravity, and the rotation of the Earth.
                          Ohhhh

Wrong answer

You forgot phase transitions, from gaseous to liquid to solid

You see, hurricanes carry a lot of H2O

Comment

I don't disagree that localized temperature changes occur, but I don't agree that their causes are known either
                            Atmospheric science is fairly well developed. We know what the inputs and outputs to the earth's system are. What are these nebulous unknowns you're positing?

Comment

We know what the inputs and outputs to the earth's system are.
                              List the inputs

List the outputs

Comment

List the inputs

List the outputs
                                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiative_forcing

Comment

Working...
                                X