• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Does anyone believe in Evolution anymore?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's very odd that a computer engineer wouldn't know about those things.

Nope. It's perhaps understandable that a non-engineer would think that programming is analogous to Darwinism.

With you, it's just dishonesty, as you've had this explained to you numerous times.

Evolution is the idea that random changes to the "source code" are naturally selected to generate today's biodiversity from a universal common ancestor.

Correctly applying your stupid analogy is to say that the engineer writes his code and allows random changes to it. He doesn't. He writes his code to constrain a particular set of data and iterate through it, testing each instance against a desired outcome.

Random changes can never improve that overarching code.

You understand neither computer programming, nor evolution.

Arthur Brain

Darwinists are generally idiots. You're a dishonest troll. And possibly going senile.

Calling people "Darwinists" isn't especially bright. Barb is far from a troll as he doesn't indulge in puerile insults nor juvenile emoticons but rather addresses the subject matter in detail, something that really seems to wind you and others up to distraction.

Your last is just outright trolling and pathetic, so it's little wonder that it gets a thumbs up from some.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Huh... Don't know what happened to my post. In any event, the best common descentists can come up with as far as computer programs that mimic common descent is a program called Eve last I checked. And it failed miserably to simulate the principles of common descent. Or rather, it succeeded spectacularly to show that common descent was not possible under the conditions set by the program. I don't think there have been many new developments since then. I think they can't even speculate on solutions to the problems they ran into.

As far as genetic algorithms are concerned, they aren't made to simulate common descent. They create an environment where there will always be a winner that is better than the previous iteration nearly every iteration. Then the previous iterations are discarded as needed. But this isn't what common descent has to deal with in reality.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's too bad Barbarian cannot discuss a topic. He sees a topic, spits out canned response, and ignores the many good points made by other people. It appears his pride has only grown in the years he's been posting.

When Stripe talks about entropy, a subject that isn't only about heat, Barbarian spits out a canned response that ignores the point. It's the same with information.

And the ironic thing is that common descent also fails due to thermodynamics and Shannon information. But one could never hope to discuss the topic with Barbarian because he's an NPC.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Huh... Don't know what happened to my post. In any event, the best common descentists can come up with as far as computer programs that mimic common descent is a program called Eve last I checked.

Ironically, the genetic finding that we are all descended from one woman was done by computer modeling.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
When Stripe talks about entropy, a subject that isn't only about heat, Barbarian spits out a canned response that ignores the point.

The point was that he had confused "entropy" and "thermodynamics." And yes, entropy is about heat just as "evolution" is about a change in allele frequency in a population over time. But both terms are used in other fields.

So the equivocation is about information about a random variable, given the knowledge of another random variable.

It's the same with information.

Where creationists generally crash and burn when they begin talking about "information" is in the equivocation, which few of them can understand. Specifically, they are unable to show that any process required for biological evolution is ruled out by anything in information theory.

Generally, it's "well, you know, things get more disordered over time." But of course they often don't, which when mentioned usually results in a creationist hissy.

And the ironic thing is that common descent also fails due to thermodynamics and Shannon information.

So which process, required for evolution is ruled out by thermodynamics? Show your math.

Which process, required for evolution is ruled out by Shannon information? Show your math.

Usually, the creationist gets very, very vague, but maybe you won't. Let's see what you have.

But one could never hope to discuss the topic with Barbarian because he's an NPC.

Well, just for everyone else,how about supporting your claims? This should be interesting.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The point was that he had confused "entropy" and "thermodynamics."
Nope.

Entropy is a wider topic than just heat flow.

Pays to learn things before engaging in a subject, otherwise you just get embarrassed.

Entropy is about heat.

Nope. You've even admitted such. "[It is] used in other fields." That's a bingo!

:think:

Must be senility.

"Evolution" is about a change in allele frequency in a population over time.

Nope.

Evolution is the idea that all living things are descended from a universal common ancestor by means of random mutations and natural selection.

Calling it "change" is the Darwinist's way of defining the debate out of existence.

So the equivocation is about information about a random variable, given the knowledge of another random variable.

:AMR:

"English, dude. English."

Darwinists crash and burn when they begin equivocating over "information," which none of them can understand. Specifically, they are unable to respect that the term has been defined and used in a way they do not like.

Let's see what you have.
There has already been a challenge issued. Guaranteed you will be just as dissembling and dishonest with a rabbit trail as with that.

One could never hope to discuss the topic with Barbarian, because he's a troll.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The point was that he had confused "entropy" and "thermodynamics." And yes, entropy is about heat just as "evolution" is about a change in allele frequency in a population over time. But both terms are used in other fields.

Where creationists generally crash and burn when they begin talking about "information" is in the equivocation, which few of them can understand. Specifically, they are unable to show that any process required for biological evolution is ruled out by anything in information theory.

Generally, it's "well, you know, things get more disordered over time." But of course they often don't, which when mentioned usually results in a creationist hissy.

So which process, required for evolution is ruled out by thermodynamics? Show your math.

Which process, required for evolution is ruled out by Shannon information? Show your math.

Usually, the creationist gets very, very vague, but maybe you won't. Let's see what you have.

Well, just for everyone else,how about supporting your claims? This should be interesting.
Stripe has already answered you repeatedly on these topics, but your best response has been NPC answers to other people.
https://youtu.be/Me_ORZVm7w4

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Stripe has already answered you repeatedly on these topics,

He merely redefines words to suit himself. Which is why he repeatedly failed. But feel free to show us any process, required for science that is ruled out by entropy.

Or any process, required for evolution that is ruled out by "information."

What do you have?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I probably shouldn't have responded to you about him in the first place. We were told if we were ignoring someone, then we should ignore him. So it's probably a mistake to engage him by proxy.

I notice your posts are getting more and more abusive, so I think I'll give you some time away from me, too.
So, in other words, instead of supporting your accusations against Stripe or retracting them altogether and apologizing to Stripe, you're going to just ignore a moderator who has challenged you to support them?

Tell me again why I shouldn't give you an infraction for being unnecessarily disruptive.