AMR No Longer With Us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMR No Longer With Us

I haven't seen a thread about this recently, so I will post one here. I only learned this earlier this week, but Ask Mr. Religion passed into eternity on March 4th. He leaves behind a wife who is suffering with serious health issues and a son who I believe is her sole support. AMR had been going through some difficult times (that some or many here may already be aware of) so please keep his family in your prayers.
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Isaiah 50:10-11

I will keep his family in my prayers. He was a good man.
    They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter

sigpic

Comment

​He was a very good man and I was aware he had some serious health concerns. I am so sorry to hear this.
      sigpic

Comment

AMR was a dear sweet brother. He is in a far better place, but will be missed.

Comment

He was a rock - i'm sorry to hear he's moved on to his final reward and will keep his family in my prayers

he will be missed for his contributions to the discussion here

Comment

I miss him.

Comment

AMR and I had a nice time on the short-lived Art of Smack forum.

He was a sound, sensible guy and would have made a great IRL friend.

I remember his words showed how much he cared for his wife. I hope she can be cared for with him gone.

Frustrating knowing such good people and not being able to help.

So sad.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
              Score lots of runs and don't get out!

Comment

Praying. Nothing but good memories of him. Precious in The Eyes of The Lord are the death of His saints.
                "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

This is just such sad news. AMR was absolutely one of my favorite TOLers. He was always reasonable and knowledgeable in his posts and debates and never was nasty or condescending. Praying to his family.
                  Last edited by The Berean; August 30th, 2019, 08:45 AM.
                  Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
                  . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

He was one of my first and best friends here over the years. When he was flush he'd send me theological volumes and always took time to speak with me about any number of things, offering wise counsel. Of late he had suffered financial setbacks that led to his house being foreclosed on and the last time I heard from him he was about to move out.

I assumed the silence that followed was him settling affairs and that I would hear from him, either here, at the other place, or by email. Patrick and I exchanged those too over the years.

He was a Vietnam veteran, a brilliant man, and a kind soul. I am sorry beyond words to learn of his passing and my prayers are with his wife and son.
                    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

This news comes as a great shock and I am greatly concerned for the wife and son.

Does anyone know their circumstances?
                      "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
                      Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
                      Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Originally posted by Nang View Post
                        This news comes as a great shock and I am greatly concerned for the wife and son.

I don't. I'd talked with Patrick and I knew he was supposed to move from his home the day after I learned that he'd died. I've never had any contact with them. I know she had mental and physical problems that, coupled with the general economic downturn, led to his financial ruin. He'd made arrangements for their relocation. I suppose the son is handling things now, but I haven't seen anything on his FB post from other members of the family and, as I said, my contact with Patrick was either here, at the new place, or via personal email.

I knew something was wrong when they all stopped, but I'd hoped it was only a part of the move. In a way, I guess it was.
                        You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

I'm deeply saddened, a bit comforted by this news. I knew his health was bad but am saddened to see my brother's passing. He was and is, a wonderful brother, was my theologian mentor and confidant and my biggest encouragement here and on RTI. I will miss him greatly but am happy that tears and sorry, sickness and sadness are wiped away and a bit jealous of his preceding me there. 1 John 3:2
                          My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                          Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                          Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                          Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                          No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                          Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

It is with great sadness that I read this news. He was a good and decent man, and will be missed by many. I'm sure our Savior greeted him with open arms.
                            Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn. Then, always be a unicorn.

“And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling, ‘This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!’ And each day, it’s up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say, ‘No. This is what’s important.’” –Iain Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Nang View Post

They are now with other family members and are now in good hands.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X