“Eagleswings” . . .

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Our dear sister Anne (Cedarbay) has passed on to her glory on Feb. 13, 2019 following a multi-year battle with cancer.

Obit:

http://www.startribune.com/obituaries/detail/0000297989/?fullname=anne-l-(magnuson)-nalevanko

She and I had enjoyed wonderful communications online and by phone since 2014. She frequently posted as Eagles Wings at Theology Online (or SoftandStrong, Cedarbay) often signing with her middle name, 'Louise' at our Reformed Theology Institute.

Despite her ongoing struggle and battle with cancer, Anne never missed an opportunity to lift me up—when I was feeling sorry for myself—with words of encouragement and in our frequent prayers together. We talked often about our respective situations and I always left the conversation feeling nourished by her.

Anne possessed one of those kind spirits that met vitriol spilled in her direction with kindness and charity. This was no mean feat for someone who participated in discussions with rabid anti-Calvinists. She was always seeking to know more and dig deeper into that which we hold dear. No matter the complexity of the matter at hand—the real presence of the Lord at the Supper, lapsarianism, covenantalism, or theodicy—Anne was ready to seek out and digest whatever content and discussion to show herself equipped and ready to witness to her faith. Oh, what an enthusiastic student of the Lord!

My heart is broken, for my good friend is no longer nearby. Yet in my sorrow I rejoice that Anne is now with Our Lord, knowing and I will someday join her in our glory.

My last words with Anne by phone were in prayer:

O Father, if it be your blessed will, restore my blessed sister, Anne to health again, and grant her a longer life. But if you have, according to your eternal decree, appointed by this sickness to call for her out of this transitory life, we resign ourselves into your hands, and holy pleasure; your blessed will be done, whether it be by life or by death. Only I beseech you of your mercy to prepare her poor soul, that by a true faith and unfeigned repentance, she may be ready against the time that you shall call for her out of her sick and sinful body. O heavenly Father, Who are the hearer of prayer, hear you in heaven this our prayer, and in this extremity grant us these requests, not for any worthiness that is in us, but for the merits of your beloved Son Jesus, our only Savior and Mediator, for whose sake you have promised to hear us, and to grant whatsoever we shall ask of you in His name. In Jesus' name, therefore…we conclude this...our imperfect supplication….Amen.

We both wept afterwards and I weep even now at her passing.

AMR

Truster

I can count on one hand the number of people I have shared fellowship with in the last 29 years and Eagleswings is one of the few. I shall look forward to meeting her again.

Truster

I found two messages from EaglesWings yesterday and was exceedingly and abundantly blessed by them. Her kindness and wisdom live on in her words. EW didn't say much but what she said always hit the mark and still does.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I found two messages from EaglesWings yesterday and was exceedingly and abundantly blessed by them. Her kindness and wisdom live on in her words. EW didn't say much but what she said always hit the mark and still does.

Her witness of being brought out from all kinds of spiritual error proved true by her love of Scripture, Truth, and Jesus Christ.

She and I together suffered through her battle with cancer. I was weak but she proved strong.

I learned much from her and miss her and was very blessed to hear of the messages you recently found from her.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Our dear sister Anne (Cedarbay) has passed on to her glory on Feb. 13, 2019 following a multi-year battle with cancer.

Obit:

http://www.startribune.com/obituaries/detail/0000297989/?fullname=anne-l-(magnuson)-nalevanko

She and I had enjoyed wonderful communications online and by phone since 2014. She frequently posted as Eagles Wings at Theology Online (or SoftandStrong, Cedarbay) often signing with her middle name, 'Louise' at our Reformed Theology Institute.

Despite her ongoing struggle and battle with cancer, Anne never missed an opportunity to lift me up—when I was feeling sorry for myself—with words of encouragement and in our frequent prayers together. We talked often about our respective situations and I always left the conversation feeling nourished by her.

[
AMR[/FONT][/COLOR]

I am so sorry to hear this, my old friend. I have not been around much this year. I too, am getting pretty old and now spend most of my time with fellow seniors and at my church. If you see this message, PM me and maybe we can stay in touch by email?

Best wishes and you are in my prayers.