Is it time for a new James Bond?

genuineoriginal

James Bond Will Never Be A Woman, Producer Says

Barbara Broccoli, the longtime executive producer of James Bond films — and daughter of the franchise creator, Albert Broccoli — says that despite social justice warrior protests, 007 will never be a woman.

If you want a female secret agent to grace the big screen, Broccoli told the Guardian, get your own movie franchise.

"Bond is male. He’s a male character. He was written as a male and I think he’ll probably stay as a male. And that’s fine. We don’t have to turn male characters into women. Let’s just create more female characters and make the story fit those female characters," Broccoli said.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well sir, your pithy brand of wit has betrayed you on this occasion because I was of course referring to the popular game show of the same name!
Well, I try not to get pithy without just cause.

What's more, in an ironic twist of events amid some incredibly interesting trivia, the long running host Bob Holness was also the radio voice of James Bond (and happened to be a white straight male).
Did you mean Bob Hoskins? Great Britain's answer to Danny DeVito?

As I long suspected.

In formative years yes, but not so much as of the last twenty to thirty years plus I'd argue. Sigourney Weaver made Ripley a female icon in cinema. Denzel Washington and Samuel L Jackson have had many a leading role over the years. The iconic "Night Of The Living Dead" broke the mould with having a black man as the main lead and even Buffy The Vampire Slayer had a female as the "kick ***" lead. There's plenty others that could be mentioned.
Exceptions more than the rule, though I do believe the nature of media is changing that, along with the shifting demographic. Ultimately, here and in most places, it will follow power. So...

Stick to Soduko...Sudoku!
Sumthing/Anything then.

Well, would Karl Malden have had a chance at any point?
Not even with the Mrs. And I mean his own, sadly.

Okay, as long as they don't make him gay...
It'll be a miracle if they don't make him superfluous.

Is that points or pints?
Yes.

In which case the essence of Dr Who has kinda gone on one level.
But that level opens mostly to a back alley, so who'll miss it? :think: Or is that "Who will miss it."

There were some good stories with Capaldi but too many duff and filler ones, much like Mccoy so little argument there.
True.

Who with?
Absolutely. :plain:

Well, quite...

And that's that!

:eek:
Reminds me of a poem...

[FONT=&quot]"giant tupperware [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]turtles killed [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]my family." Spingo

[/FONT]

genuineoriginal

Cue the predictable screeching protests from the retarded leftist social justice warriors
The retarded leftist social justice warriors just did something much worse.

The next James Bond will be a black woman played by Lashana Lynch.
Lashana-Lynch.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How did we go from this...

James Bond Will Never Be A Woman, Producer Says

Barbara Broccoli, the longtime executive producer of James Bond films — and daughter of the franchise creator, Albert Broccoli — says that despite social justice warrior protests, 007 will never be a woman.

If you want a female secret agent to grace the big screen, Broccoli told the Guardian, get your own movie franchise.

"Bond is male. He’s a male character. He was written as a male and I think he’ll probably stay as a male. And that’s fine. We don’t have to turn male characters into women. Let’s just create more female characters and make the story fit those female characters," Broccoli said.

To this...
The retarded leftist social justice warriors just did something much worse.

The next James Bond will be a black woman played by Lashana Lynch.
Lashana-Lynch.jpg

genuineoriginal

How did we go from this...To this...
They are relying on a technicality.
Agent 007 has always been James Bond and always will be in the minds of the fans of the series.

The new movie will have James Bond retiring, but his number will not be retired, it will be assigned to another agent.

Bond's number is up: black female actor 'is the new 007'

While Daniel Craig is set to reprise his role as James Bond in the next film, the franchise is set for a shake-up, with reports claiming that black British actor Lashana Lynch has been cast as 007 – taking over Bond’s secret agent number after his character leaves MI6.

“There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M says, “Come in 007”, and in walks Lashana who is black, beautiful and a woman,” the source said. “It’s a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he’s been replaced as 007.”

The Berean

"Agent 007" is a designation. James Bond had this designation for decades. If James Bond retires then MI6 would assign another person as "Agent 007". What's the big deal here? Another example is "Captain America". Many different people have been "Captain America" not just Steve Rodgers. For example...

View attachment 26895