They Made Me Gay

Christiano

I doubt people can learn ro bw gay. I'd really like to see at least one case (onliy one) in which a person says: I am gay (or lesbian) and I learned it by doing this and this and this...

There's a Brazilian pastor called Silas Malafaia that says there's a university study that proves that homosexuality is an acquired behavior and most gays were molested ny adults when they were kids, but he never presented any proof.

I have at least one male friend who is gay (his name is Emerson and he is an actor in São Paulo, who works in theatre and TV) and some female friends who are lesbians. I once knew a guy who was gay (still is) and was a member of the local Church of the Foursquare Gospel and never told the pastors about his homossexuality because "it was none of their business", as he said. He's left this church long ago. All these people still are gay.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
At what point do you stop saying "God created" as though He is directly determining the particulars of our birth? I ask because many children are born with catastrophic and fatal diseases, like incurable cancers. You aren't suggesting that's God's work, are you?
good point

quip

BANNED
Banned
At what point do you stop saying "God created" as though He is directly determining the particulars of our birth? I ask because many children are born with catastrophic and fatal diseases, like incurable cancers. You aren't suggesting that's God's work, are you?

Selectively. . yes; only if by the miracle of remission. :plain:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

are you suggesting that homosexuality is a disease?

i would agree, in that it is a cancer on our society

what do you propose for a cure?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
are you suggesting that homosexuality is a disease?
No. It's a sin. I don't believe that disease is sin, though disease can sponsor it, as can other factors. But whether or not the impulse is owed to genes or some other factor, we're still creatures of will and responsible for our choices.

musterion

He may not act on it often, if at all. He may regularly have sex with a woman (the natural default setting of desire for human males). But if a man can also be aroused by the thought of homosexual contact, rather than be viscerally repelled at the thought, he is a homosexual.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
He may not act on it often, if at all. He may regularly have sex with a woman (the natural default setting of desire for human males). But if a man can also be aroused by the thought of homosexual contact, rather than be viscerally repelled at the thought, he is a homosexual.

that's how i see it :idunno:

if you have the choice between abstinence and homo sex, and you choose homo sex, you're a homo