They Made Me Gay

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
AB is referring to an incident during college where I was briefly tempted to allow a homosexual to perform an act he had offered. I never took him up on it and never had another opportunity, nor wanted one. I didn't actually want that one either; it just came up at a party, out of nowhere.

But the real point is, it happened before I was saved. Paul addresses in very specific detail how people who are saved are no longer what they once were. In my case, I was never remotely an active homosexual or anything close to it. I was simply tempted by a one time offer that I declined.

If AB wants to argue that, by my own definition, that incident made me a homosexual, then I was a homosexual for the 2 minutes I'd considered it. But once I became saved, all that was gone along with everything else. I am now a new creation in Christ, and the thought of that incident and many more - all involving women - are now thoroughly repugnant to me.

That's the part AB always ignores whenever I bring it up because he doesn't want to believe God can and does save people.

You shoulda punched Patrick Jane in the face for trying that on you!

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No, you need to change your definition if you don't like it being reversed on you because your own words class you as a homosexual. You should change it regardless as it's hardly a rational one as it is anyway.

Give Arthur Pain a bone and he gets beside himself

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Evidently yes

No, prison does not make one gay, but some are sexually exploited, which is a serious problem, one I never could stand.

I hate it when people use fear of forced sex ( rape) as the reason to fear being in prison. all this shows is how contemptible we have allowed prisons to become.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
AB is referring to an incident during college where I was briefly tempted to allow a homosexual to perform an act he had offered. I never took him up on it and never had another opportunity, nor wanted one. I didn't actually want that one either; it just came up at a party, out of nowhere.

But the real point is, it happened before I was saved. Paul addresses in very specific detail how people who are saved are no longer what they once were. In my case, I was never remotely an active homosexual or anything close to it. I was simply tempted by a one time offer that I declined.

If AB wants to argue that, by my own definition, that incident made me a homosexual, then I was a homosexual for the 2 minutes I'd considered it. But once I became saved, all that was gone along with everything else. I am now a new creation in Christ, and the thought of that incident and many more - all involving women - are now thoroughly repugnant to me.

That's the part AB always ignores whenever I bring it up because he doesn't want to believe God can and does save people.
I understand some young males get 'uptight' and may have thought about it as some sort of shortcut, or something just as cuckoo! There is a difference in using some mean to and end, rather than an end in itself. you mean the former case here.
Well, if you didn't do it, then forget about it. Why mention it?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Lust is a form of mental insanity. Because it controls one's thought process.
Homosexuality is a perversion brought on by the unrestrained mind controlled by lust. It cannot be a behavior one is born with because infants do not have a desire for sex. It is only when that child grows that their mind becomes infected by the flesh, the world, and Satan that homosexual lust enters their mind.

Selah

quip

BANNED
Banned
Lust is a form of mental insanity. Because it controls one's thought process.
Homosexuality is a perversion brought on by the unrestrained mind controlled by lust. It cannot be a behavior one is born with because infants do not have a desire for sex. It is only when that child grows that their mind becomes infected by the flesh, the world, and Satan that homosexual lust enters their mind.

Selah

Or hormones.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Nothing wrong with desiring the opposite sex. Neutral. Only when desire becomes lust.
The hormones aren't at fault.

How is homosexuality more wrought from the influences of lust than heterosexuality? Or rather is there a negative bias held against the former so as to be defined as such?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
How is homosexuality more wrought from the influences of lust than heterosexuality? Or rather is there a negative bias held against the former so as to be defined as such?

It's similar I'd say. Both are sinful but one is more so due to its un natural affections.