chrysostom

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
exorcism -
A movie
- it ain't pretty - thanks to hollywood - most of us know a little about it -so- why am I reminded of it - we all sense the evil -but- don't agree on who is to blame -or- who really needs the exorcism - hopefully it will be successful

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it's noon on the right coast
-
so what is for lunch?
-
little caesar's pepperonipizza -
-
is that one word?
-
ubetcha
-
$6 ?
-
6.50 with tax
-
is it good?
-
don't know, it is on the stove to keep it warm
-
is it really large?
-
it is four meals for me
-
pizza is always good reheated
-
I will wrap and freeze three parts
-
have you read the reviews?
-
yeah and they say don't order anything but pepperonipizza

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
did michael bennett run and resist arrest?
No, they'd have charged him if he did.

this racist wants to know
Well...okay. According to the police they received a call that a shooter was in the same area of a given nightclub. As they arrived hundreds of people were attempting to flee the area. While continuing toward the source of the complaint the officers happened upon Bennett. Bennett was crouched down behind a gaming table. As the officers approached (it's not clear that Bennett saw them at this point, only that they saw him) he fled like others had been doing. The officers viewed this as suspicious, gave chase and detained him.

Here's where their story has a kink. Hundreds of people are fleeing. One more who appears to be hiding from as likely the same thing follows suit and they find him suspicious?

Let's further say that they saw him AND they noted that he saw THEM before fleeing. Is this inherently suspicious? No and here's why. He's hunkered down for protection. He sees armed officers entering the scene. To any reasonable man that's confirmation that the shooter is on premises. Time to let them handle it and get out while he has cover and away from the shooter. If this was a twenty year old woman or a teenager what do you believe the chance is they give chase?

Police held him, cuffed for ten minutes, ascertaining if he had any part in the shooting. He had no weapon on him at the time of being detained. No witness indicated that he was involved. No description of the suspect that would match him to Bennett was in play. There is video of Bennett objecting, but maintaining a respectful and compliant posture, referring to the officer arresting him as "Sir" and questioning why he was being placed in custody.

The short of it is a big black man runs from a place of hiding and they decided that among the "hundreds" of people they've seen also trying to get away he's suspicious. :plain:

The police are looking into Bennett's charge that he was threatened by one of the officers. There appears to be a video tape corroborating Bennett's statement about a gun being held close to his head at the time of the threat.

Let the lawsuit commence.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No, they'd have charged him if he did.

Well...okay. According to the police they received a call that a shooter was in the same area of a given nightclub. As they arrived hundreds of people were attempting to flee the area. While continuing toward the source of the complaint the officers happened upon Bennett. Bennett was crouched down behind a gaming table. As the officers approached (it's not clear that Bennett saw them at this point, only that they saw him) he fled like others had been doing. The officers viewed this as suspicious, gave chase and detained him.

Here's where their story has a kink. Hundreds of people are fleeing. One more who appears to be hiding from as likely the same thing follows suit and they find him suspicious?

Let's further say that they saw him AND they noted that he saw THEM before fleeing. Is this inherently suspicious? No and here's why. He's hunkered down for protection. He sees armed officers entering the scene. To any reasonable man that's confirmation that the shooter is on premises. Time to let them handle it and get out while he has cover and away from the shooter. If this was a twenty year old woman or a teenager what do you believe the chance is they give chase?

Police held him, cuffed for ten minutes, ascertaining if he had any part in the shooting. He had no weapon on him at the time of being detained. No witness indicated that he was involved. No description of the suspect that would match him to Bennett was in play. There is video of Bennett objecting, but maintaining a respectful and compliant posture, referring to the officer arresting him as "Sir" and questioning why he was being placed in custody.

The short of it is a big black man runs from a place of hiding and they decided that among the "hundreds" of people they've seen also trying to get away he's suspicious. :plain:

The police are looking into Bennett's charge that he was threatened by one of the officers. There appears to be a video tape corroborating Bennett's statement about a gun being held close to his head at the time of the threat.

Let the lawsuit commence.
You see racial profiling from what you just described? I don't know the story but from what I just read, I see no racism at all. In fact, I was picturing a white guy until the ending.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You see racial profiling from what you just described?
In the sense that they chose a big black man fleeing the scene from among hundreds of others as racial profiling. Mostly I see it as a serious mistake, both in the moment and in the purported (and partially backed) afterword, by a couple of officers on the scene among many.

I don't know the story but from what I just read, I see no racism at all.
I don't recall calling anyone racist. That said, how many white people fleeing the scene were detained?

In fact, I was picturing a white guy until the ending.
It isn't clear if they know who the guy was, or if it was a guy even. The police said they had a report of a possible active shooter. No race or gender mentioned. Seems like if they'd had word of a black male, or better yet (for the officers involved) a large black male as the shooter they'd have been quick to put that in the public view.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
wait, I am not a racist, I did not vote for trump
-
did you vote for obama?
-
no
-
then you are a racist
-
was bennett the only black there?
-
no
-
did they arrest all the blacks?
-
no
-
so why did they arrest him?
-
because he ran when he saw the cops
-
why did they cuff him?
-
because he resisted
-
why did he run and resist
-
it is his job
-
what is his job?
-
being an activist

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
was bennett the only black there?
-
no
You know that or you're just saying it? I think you're just saying it.

did they arrest all the blacks?
What blacks? How many were at that location when the police arrived? Who were they?

no so why did they arrest him?
Detain. Big difference.

because he ran when he saw the cops
Or, he ran to put as much distance between him and the shooter once the police arrived to engage the shooter he (Bennett) thought was near but couldn't know where.

why did they cuff him?
Standard procedure when you believe someone is a suspect, given the circumstances. The question is was it a reasonable belief?

because he resisted
You're making that up entirely. Had he resisted he would have been arrested. He was detained because a couple of cops, who may have made a stupid decision and compounded it with needlessly aggressive behavior, decided to read the worst possible thing into his actions.

why did he run and resist
He ran to get away from the place where he suspected (and the police charging it lends reason to believe it) the shooter he'd been taking cover from was present. He did not resist. The police neither arrested him nor alleged he resisted.

it is his job

what is his job?

being an activist
Sounds like your job. But you need to get your facts straight.

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
it's noon on the right coast
-
so what is for lunch?
-
little caesar's pepperonipizza -
-
is that one word?
-
ubetcha
-
$6 ?
-
6.50 with tax
-
is it good?
-
don't know, it is on the stove to keep it warm
-
is it really large?
-
it is four meals for me
-
pizza is always good reheated
-
I will wrap and freeze three parts
-
have you read the reviews?
-
yeah and they say don't order anything but pepperonipizza

Its good, if you get it at a location that cares about the customer. It can be really good or really bad.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
He ran to get away from the place where he suspected (and the police charging it lends reason to believe it) the shooter he'd been taking cover from was present. He did not resist. The police neither arrested him nor alleged he resisted.
town agrees that he ran away
-but-
town knows why he did
town knows the difference between arrest and detain
town is a lawyer
town knows 'needlessly aggressive behavior'
-but-
can't explain why it is needed if you don't resist
town is a lawyer