chrysostom

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Too late. You've already outed yourself by refusing to deny that Democrats show hatred for the two most important things America stands for: The First Amendment and The Second Amendment.

You're an insurrectionist fellow traveler, if not more than that. You have disdain for the American system of government. You'd prefer an autocratic theocracy, and you're a Christian Dominionist. You've made these things clear in this forum.

But your imitative gotcha isn't a gotcha, because you've twisted in a falsehood and then claimed I wouldn't deny your falsehood. That's deceptive, Jefferson. But what I've noticed about Trumpers is their complete willingness to promote lies and break rules if those are the means to maintain power.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You're an insurrectionist fellow traveler, if not more than that. You have disdain for the American system of government. You'd prefer an autocratic theocracy, and you're a Christian Dominionist. You've made these things clear in this forum.

But your imitative gotcha isn't a gotcha, because you've twisted in a falsehood and then claimed I wouldn't deny your falsehood. That's deceptive, Jefferson. But what I've noticed about Trumpers is their complete willingness to promote lies and break rules if those are the means to maintain power.
And once again Anna runs away from an opportunity to explain why she loves the first and second Amendments sooo much.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And once again Anna runs away from an opportunity to explain why she loves the first and second Amendments sooo much.

Exhibit A re: Trumpers lying.

1. I didn’t run away.
2. You didn’t ask me to explain why I love the first and second amendment, and then you claimed I didn’t answer.
3. You were talking about Democrats. I’m not a Democrat.

Want to try again?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a liar
A Bully
A marriage made in hell. Squash the truth. Just telling a lie will not work. You must go after anyone who is telling the truth. Freedom of speech and religion go together as they do in the Constitution. The First Amendment. Check it out.
Home

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Do you support a 'wall of separation between church and state'? There's some on here who would tear that down if they could and enact laws that would severely impact on people's freedom and liberty, all in the name of their religious beliefs.
Regarding religion, the first amendment says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Look closely. Does it begin by saying, "The church shall not"? No. The first amendment puts handcuffs on Congress, not the church.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a cancellation of truth
A Safe Space
A protection for those who can't handle the truth. It makes you wonder how many can even recognize the truth. Can you? Victims must be protected as soon as they are created which must come first. How does it feel to be a victim? Others want to know the truth.
Home

Arthur Brain

Regarding religion, the first amendment says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Look closely. Does it begin by saying, "The church shall not"? No. The first amendment puts handcuffs on Congress, not the church.
That's not answering my question and of course there should be freedom of religion in society. That wasn't the point.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Do you support a 'wall of separation between church and state'? There's some on here who would tear that down if they could and enact laws that would severely impact on people's freedom and liberty, all in the name of their religious beliefs.
In what way/ways would a Christian theocracy "severely impact on people's freedom and liberty?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
You're kidding, right? You have seen what some on here propose? Making homosexuality and adultery capital crimes? Forcing any couple who have a relationship out of wedlock into a forced marriage with no possibility of divorce? Making kids as accountable for a "crime" as an adult to the point of executing them as young as the age of five? The list goes on...
That's like me accusing a leftist like you of being in favor of all kinds of murder because many leftwing governments were murderous. Not all theocrats believe the same thing.

Arthur Brain

That's like me accusing a leftist like you of being in favor of all kinds of murder because many leftwing governments were murderous. Not all theocrats believe the same thing.
I'm not saying that all people who propose such believe in exactly the same thing but it is a common theme among many who push for such. Why don't you outline what you believe it should entail and take it from there?

Carolina

BANNED
Banned
I'm not saying that all people who propose such believe in exactly the same thing but it is a common theme among many who push for such. Why don't you outline what you believe it should entail and take it from there?
Don’t hold your breath, Brain.
if Jefferson REALLY laid out the details of his hopes for a Christian theocracy, you would recoil in horror.