chrysostom

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So you want to live in a zoo where everyone is taken care of and is equally poor. That's not living like a human. Typical leftist.
You equate democracy with living in a zoo?!

I’m not a leftist, Jefferson. You’re just so far to the right you can’t see much past center.

And considering what you’ve been pushing for via Q, your squad is the danger to this country.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
That's not what you said to me previously, though, is it? I said I preferred to live in a democracy and you replied "so you want to live in a zoo." Kind of a freudian slip there, Jefferson.
Democracy is just as bad. Democracy is two wolves and one lamb deciding what to have for dinner.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Democracy is just as bad. Democracy is two wolves and one lamb deciding what to have for dinner.

But they are not the same, are they? You substituted one for the other and then give a wave that they're both 'just as bad.'

We live in a representative democracy (republic). Would you rather live in an authoritarian theocratic state? Are you a Christian dominionist?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

What Is A Representative Democracy?

shutterstock-423235990.jpg

A painting of the House of representatives. The United States of America has a representative democracy.

A representative democracy is a system of government whereby eligible members of the public are empowered to elect representatives amongst themselves to enact laws and oversee and protect their interests in government. It is the opposite of direct democracy. Most political scholars see a representative democracy as the most efficient system of democracy, particularly in countries with large populations.

They base their argument on the numerous advantages of a representative democracy. The majority of countries in the world practice this system of government as parliamentary republics, federal republics or constitutional monarchies. Some examples of countries which practice representative democracy are the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, Russia, Germany, South Africa, Brazil, India, Japan, the Philippines, Canada, France, Turkey, Argentina, Tanzania, Mexico, Senegal and China among many others.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
We live in a representative democracy (republic).
Splitting hairs. Democracies and representative democracies are kissing cousins. With representative democracies, the wolves vote for their representatives to vote the way the wolves wanted to vote any way. Same outcome. The lamb gets eaten because the lamb don't have as many representatives.

Would you rather live in an authoritarian theocratic state?
Yes, but I doubt you have a clue what that actually means.
Are you a Christian dominionist?
Partially, but I doubt you have a clue what that means either.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Splitting hairs. Democracies and representative democracies are kissing cousins. With representative democracies, the wolves vote for their representatives to vote the way the wolves wanted to vote any way. Same outcome. The lamb gets eaten because the lamb don't have as many representatives.

Um, you're basically saying your own system of government founded on the Constitution isn't acceptable to you.

Is that why it's so easy for you to condone its overthrow?

Yes, but I doubt you have a clue what that actually means.

Yeah... no. I want no part of your ideas, or your working to overthrow our country. You really are the danger.
Partially, but I doubt you have a clue what that means either.

I do. And you're not a patriot. Not by a long shot.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Um, you're basically saying your own system of government founded on the Constitution isn't acceptable to you.

Is that why it's so easy for you to condone its overthrow?

Yeah... no. I want no part of your ideas, or your working to overthrow our country. You really are the danger.

I do. And you're not a patriot. Not by a long shot.
I'm especially fond of the two most important amendments, the first and the second. It's the Dems who are constantly attacking those two amendments.

Leatherneck

Temp Banned
But they are not the same, are they? You substituted one for the other and then give a wave that they're both 'just as bad.'

We live in a representative democracy (republic). Would you rather live in an authoritarian theocratic state? Are you a Christian dominionist?
In a representative democracy the majority could vote to imprision all redheads, and could jail all redheads based on the majority vote. America was established as a constitutional republic. The constitution is the final authority NOT the majority.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm especially fond of the two most important amendments, the first and the second. It's the Dems who are constantly attacking those two amendments.

Too late. You've outed yourself.