Nobody Deserves This!

Arthur Brain

Was at the Barber last week and there was a mother who had brought her 3-year old and 4 year old to get their hair cut.

They kept running around the shop and it was all she could do to just scold them, to which they didn't really listen, and in the end, they both got candy from my barber.

I wanted to scold the mother for not disciplining her children and allowing them to disturb the other customers and almost get in the way of the barber. But of course, then I would be seen as the bad guy, and I rather like my barber.

They acted like spoiled brats, and they needed a good spanking.

Sounds like your barber is a likeable and astute person who had the situation in hand. They were acting like any kid of such an age who lack social awareness so your determination of them being "spolied brats" is as subjective as it is arrogant IMO. What did you expect the mother to do, give them a hiding in a public place just as to avoid patrons "discomfort"? Chances are they'd have been more uncomfortable and had to endure more noise as the kids were screaming while being spanked.

You go to a public place where there's young kids about then you should expect this type of stuff. I do and it bothers me a whole lot more when it's adults who can't act their age on occasion. Not everyone ascribes to what you would consider "discipline" and I doubt you'd have gotten very far with your "scolding" of this woman before being met with a feisty response in turn...

Arthur Brain

Parents who let their kids scream and cry in Wal-Mart.

Nobody deserves this.

(Is it bad that if a parent doesn't discipline their bratty kid, I help them out by doing it myself?)

Yes, it absolutely is. What right do you have to enact your own form of "discipline" on someone else's child?

None is what.

Would it be bad if the parent of said child prosecuted you for such?

Not at all. I sure would.

They're kids. They're not "brats" just because they're not old enough to understand the societal norms that adults expect or inconvenience them when they're doing their shopping and stuff.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, it absolutely is. What right do you have to enact your own form of "discipline" on someone else's child?

None is what.

Would it be bad if the parent of said child prosecuted you for such?

Not at all. I sure would.

They're kids. They're not "brats" just because they're not old enough to understand the societal norms that adults expect or inconvenience them when they're doing their shopping and stuff.

I've started a new thread here on this topic. Seemed like a good one to start.

Btw, I was joking.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Slow drivers in the fast lane.

Nobody deserves this.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Telemarketers

Nobody deserves this.
There are YouTube and Twitch.tv channels who are dedicated to wasting those scammer's time.

Kitboga is one of my favorites.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Haggis

Nobody deserves this.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
More power to 'em. :vomit:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Philadelphia Eagles

Nobody deserves this.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Long check out lines.

Nobody deserves this.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The cashier handing your change back with the coins on top of the bills.

Nobody deserves that.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Delayed flights.

Nobody deserves this.