This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knight View Post
    Then we entered the hot carmel phase....

This is also when we officially got the domain name theologyonline.com
    My most fond memories are from this phase.
    "I do not believe that there is any purposeless evil in God's creation." ~James White

Comment

In this thread I will do my best to catalog a running history of TOL though the ages.

Look what I dug up! A screen shot of the very first version of TheologyOnLine. Notice we didn't yet own the domain name "theologyonline.com".

This screen shot was taken Oct 27th 1997 - I am not sure how long TOL was up and running before this shot was taken.
      I just read the text on that... no political discussion? What was that like?

Then the blue phase began...

circa 2004
      This is about the time I started posting. I think this look began in late '03.
      sigpic

Comment

Wow, I've been around pretty much since it's beginning. It's really amazing when I think of everything I've learned, all the friends I've made, and how it's helped me become a Christian with a backbone.

Sometimes I think, "What if I had never come across this site?" (Or more like what if a certain person hadn't kept after me to check it out.)

Ewwww!!! Don't even want to think about it!!! :::shiver::::

Happy Birthday to one of the best sites that the internet ever had the privilege to be introduced to. And thank you to it's hardworking Administrator who has had to put up with a lot over the years to keep this thing going.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

It was fin browsing and looking at the screen shots of what the old board looked like.
          sigpic

Comment

And this is how TOL looked in 2013.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TOL 2013.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	2431609
            Last edited by Knight; February 28th, 2016, 03:53 PM.
            Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
            TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Thanks Knight that was fun to go look back.

Comment

wow it's neat to look at the old TOL pages I myself didn't join till about a year ago(but i still liked looking at it). a couple of months ago i was digging on the www and found an article about the internet in 1996 aol was the only i.s.p. and in 96 broke 5mil. members (remember that?,lol).

I noticed knight has a thread about going through and deleting old threads and everyone is suggesting what to delete to save space. Well thats when it hit me, since we have all the past threads in archive should we start a new thread and search all the post leading up to y2k,end of the Mayan calender,12/12/12 ect. and see if there are any that told us they were going into their shelters and we told them we would come and let them know it was safe to come out?

Did we forget to go tell them and their still in there?(don't delete those threads!) so we can look through them and find the missing screen names and go knock on their bunker doors and get them out,(just a suggestion,what if we forgot?).

Comment

Simply use the way back machine, guys

Comment

I had a similar job at the old Christianforums.com; Are you archiving or simply backing up?
                    "It is in love that we are made, in love we disappear..."Leonard Cohen

Monsignor Ray McIntyre
                    Anglican Church International
                    Te Hāhi Katorika Tawhito

Comment

Hadn't seen this thread in a while. Fun times indeed!!
                      "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

And in 2016....
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Knight; February 29th, 2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

And in 2016....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23469[/ATTACH]
                          @Knight

Heh. Glad to see I am not the only one whose attachments end up directed to error dialogs.

Most of my older posts with attachments are getting the same treatment. Some of the newer ones with this new vB release are as well. Maybe some symbolic link script is hosed up?

AMR
                          Last edited by Ask Mr. Religion; February 29th, 2016, 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling correction
                          Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
                          Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
                          AMR's Randomata Blog
                          Learn Reformed Doctrine
                          I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
                          Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
                          Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
                          The best TOL Social Group: here.
                          If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
                          Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
                            @Knight

Heh. Glad to see I am not the only one whose attachments end up directed to error dialogs.

Most of my older posts with attachments are getting the same treatment. Some of the newer ones with this new vB release are as well. Maybe some symbolic link script in hosed up?

AMR
                            Hmmm... yeah.... i'm not sure what's going on. I will look into it.

Comment

Hmmm... yeah.... i'm not sure what's going on. I will look into it.
                              For example see this post and others like it in the thread all now with dead links:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post4512535

AMR
                              Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
                              Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
                              AMR's Randomata Blog
                              Learn Reformed Doctrine
                              I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
                              Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
                              Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
                              The best TOL Social Group: here.
                              If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
                              Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
                                For example see this post and others like it in the thread all now with dead links:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post4512535

AMR
                                Yeah... it's looking like it's very possible we may have lost a lot (i.e., most) of the image attachments from years gone by.

Well.... onward and upward.

Comment

Working...
                                X