Fast Personality Test

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

ok doser

Diane Chambers can't stop talking either.

:think:

I was thinking ted baxter

tedbaxter.jpg

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Whenever I see him I think that the world needs ditch diggers too.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Diane Chambers can't stop talking either.
:chuckle: But Diane was an INFJ. Sam was the extrovert, though more of an ESTP.

ENTPs among fictional characters: Tony Stark, Deadpool, Rocket Raccoon, Captain Kirk, Odysseus, Captain Jack Sparrow, Peter Venkman, Holden Caufield.

Real life ENTPs: Robert Downey, Jr. (son of a gun), Thomas Edison, Walt Disney, Lord Byron, Douglas Adams, Lewis Caroll, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Jon Stewart, Tom Hanks.

:eek:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Still an ISTJ. How that applies to TOL will be a shocker. :plain:

And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact....Judgmental – Opinions are opinions and facts are facts, and ISTJs are unlikely to respect people who disagree with those facts, or especially those who remain willfully ignorant of them.​

Including my disdain for homos, and not just because our Lord God says their behavior is an abomination...

Often representing the epitome of family values, people with the ISTJ personality type are comfortable with, and often even encourage traditional household and gender roles, and look to a family structure guided by clear expectations and honesty.

ok doser

Sod is bitter because he failed his Myers-Briggs. :eek:

I wouldn't waste my time on what is, basically, click bait

ted baxter said:
:think: Do you post more in your threads, on average, or in mine?

we've covered this ground before, when you were throwing a hissy fit over the fact that mommy cleared off the fridge door to make room for all the other kids' pretty pictures

all of these threads belong to knight

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I wouldn't waste my time on what is, basically, click bait
I think you'd likely get the same result either way. :plain:

But why dawdle, let's talk about what you really want to talk about...me. :eek:

we've covered this ground before, when you were throwing a hissy fit over the fact that mommy cleared off the fridge door to make room for all the other kids' pretty pictures
For anyone who missed it, what sod is having a hyperbolic fit about is that I once had a thread here called Observations Great and Small (no, another one). It was pruned a while back and I was disappointed given how much of TOL's history was in it, how many cool and long disappeared threads were at least in part found there, how many posters of note also gone with moves and prunnings were mostly and sometimes only found there.

I'd offered most of my threads to the mods for prunning as we made the last move. That thread only had around three thousand posts, but around a quarter of a million views. It wasn't a space eater, so I have no idea why it was pruned. Doesn't matter now and given the best of what I liked about it personally I'd used in various bits of writing away from here, I can't really complain of a personal harm.

Shame though. If you came in after the fact, by way of example, you'd have had a window into the long gone but very entertaining thread about a certain tiger and a particular plane. :eek: That was a great thread.

all of these threads belong to knight
That's just sod being goofy by trying to find some traction to complain. No rational human being would say, "Hey, did you read X in knight's Personality Test thread?" by way of.

Or, it's knight's joint and he gives us canvas to paint on. His materials and he can collect them at will or close the gallery, but it's still your art, whatever it comes to and whatever happens to it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Interesting. I have the -A on the end of my ENTP, though I've forgotten the significance. I wonder if anyone has a quick study on how various personalities line up. For instance, I know introverts and extroverts can have issues, though a recent study I read seemed to indicate it's mostly introverts having a problem with extroverts...in the study extroverts were consistently undervalued by introverts within a group dynamic, even when the objective output of the extrovert was demonstrably greater than the introvert noted among introverts rated higher.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I know introverts and extroverts can have issues, though a recent study I read seemed to indicate it's mostly introverts having a problem with extroverts...in the study extroverts were consistently undervalued by introverts within a group dynamic, even when the objective output of the extrovert was demonstrably greater than the introvert noted among introverts rated higher.

Subjective valuation and objective output? Maybe the researcher is an extrovert. Or maybe the extroverts were just extra annoying. Objectively.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Subjective valuation and objective output? Maybe the researcher is an extrovert. Or maybe the extroverts were just extra annoying. Objectively.
Here's a link to an article covering the twin studies.

A few highlights:

For these twin studies, researchers from Oregon State University, as well as a few from the University of Florida and the University of Notre Dame, set up two scenarios to survey hundreds of students. In the first study of 178 MBA students at an unnamed university, each student was assigned to a small four- or five-person team, and asked to complete a task as a group...At the end, they were asked to complete surveys about their teammates personalities, as well as how competent they thought they were...The big catch was that the teammates weren’t actually teammates: They were fakes manipulated by researchers to either appear more extroverted or more introverted. Their performance in the game was constant. At the end of the exercise, the management students were asked to assign bonuses to their teammates.​

Both studies reached a similar conclusion: The more introverted among the groups tended to view their more extroverted teammates—whether real or fictional—as less capable at their assigned duties. One possible takeaway? Judgments of your job performance are never purely performance-based.

"The magnitude with which introverts underrated performance of extroverts was surprising," said co-author Keith Leavitt, an assistant professor in OSU's College of Business, in a statement. "The results were very consistent across both studies."

:think: