weekly weigh in

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A very good rate!

My doctor told me last week that within a few months I will be losing good to keep loosing at a rate of a pound a month. I told him I plan to loose at least another 100 lbs this year. He was skeptical.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My doctor told me last week that within a few months I will be losing good to keep loosing at a rate of a pound a month. I told him I plan to loose at least another 100 lbs this year. He was skeptical.

Another 100 lbs? How big were you to start with?

You don't look that big.

If you can keep losing a pound a month, it is an excellent. At least you are not gaining.

bybee

Keep up the good work Dearie! :first:

musterion

Misanthropic militant vegans are the main force behind low carb eating. Have been for decades. Since many of them tend to think the world is overpopulated anyway and that eating anything with a face is evil, they cannot tolerate even the prospect that low carb might be healthy.

Screenshot2012-01-31at71959PM.png

Ignore the Buddhist voodoo and Paleo hokum below, there's good info otherwise:

The Steve Jobs Diet

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Misanthropic militant vegans are the main force behind low carb eating. Have been for decades. Since many of them tend to think the world is overpopulated anyway and that eating anything with a face is evil, they cannot tolerate even the prospect that low carb might be healthy.

It would be possible to be a low carb vegan if you relied heavily on flax. As an example, here is a recipe for flax bread that is 1 carb per 145 calorie slice.
http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2011/03/09/no-carb-bread/

Plus flax bread would make any low carb diet more interesting.

lifeisgood

That DOES look good. The low(er) carb bread I buy is getting kinda old.

Have you checked Great Low Carb Bread Company? I like the Sesame one. It only has 1 net carb per slice and it tastes good. I also like the Ezekiel bread. Do you use a different one? I am always looking for different ones.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Going to try it. Thank you for sharing.

I'll be interested to hear how it goes. A couple of people in the comments section did not realize that the flax seeds need to be ground into meal and ended up with a mess. A coffee grinder works real good for that. Or you can just buy flax meal.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As much as I've loved reading this thread and Del's weigh-in reports, I've put off posting in this thread because I decided that I'm not going to try to lose weight anymore. Surprise to me! I've lost two pants sizes. I had to buy myself a couple more pairs of pants that were two sizes smaller than my favorite pair. Even though I'm still one of the bigger sizes at Walmart, I can now buy my clothes at Walmart instead of Lane Bryant.

And, Del, you're not going to believe how I've lost the weight. I lost weight by eating more instead of less. The best thing about it is that I haven't had low blood sugar in ages. I'm eating a lot of high protein veggies (both cooked and raw) and quite a bit of meat. I don't eat a lot of grains and the only sugar I'm getting is what is in my Kool-Aid/sweet tea or Pepsi (I don't drink diet sodas ever). I drink a whole lot of water, especially when it gets hot.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As much as I've loved reading this thread and Del's weigh-in reports, I've put off posting in this thread because I decided that I'm not going to try to lose weight anymore. Surprise to me! I've lost two pants sizes. I had to buy myself a couple more pairs of pants that were two sizes smaller than my favorite pair. Even though I'm still one of the bigger sizes at Walmart, I can now buy my clothes at Walmart instead of Lane Bryant.

And, Del, you're not going to believe how I've lost the weight. I lost weight by eating more instead of less. The best thing about it is that I haven't had low blood sugar in ages. I'm eating a lot of high protein veggies (both cooked and raw) and quite a bit of meat. I don't eat a lot of grains and the only sugar I'm getting is what is in my Kool-Aid/sweet tea or Pepsi (I don't drink diet sodas ever). I drink a whole lot of water, especially when it gets hot.

:up:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The best thing about it is that I haven't had low blood sugar in ages. I'm eating a lot of high protein veggies (both cooked and raw) and quite a bit of meat. I don't eat a lot of grains and the only sugar I'm getting is what is in my Kool-Aid/sweet tea or Pepsi .

:up:

Works every time, for all people.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So for the final week of the weight loss challenge I was down another 7 lbs and did manage to squeak out first place and took the $250 first prize!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You ever tried putting a Samoan on a diet?

His immediate family's lives would all be in mortal danger man!