weekly weigh in

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nick, don't keep telling Dell about calories............ fat people need to know about what their bodies "do" and "DONT". Calories is not the solution, from my experience.

Where did I say to watch calories? In fact, I have stated the opposite on TOL quite a few times. The body is a chemistry engine. I apologize if there was confusion.

dreadknought

Where did I say to watch calories? In fact, I have stated the opposite on TOL quite a few times. The body is a chemistry engine. I apologize if there was confusion.
You are right, I retract the word calorie from my statement and my negativity.

Have you lost excessive, obese, weight?

musterion

I increased my net calories by offsetting carbohydrates with increased saturated fats, which are more calorically dense, and yet lost weight. If the "law" of CICO (cal. in, cal. out) was an absolute truth, that should have never happened. Point is, there's more involved than mere calorie counts.

Posted from the TOL App!

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Cholesterol is a steroid that the body produces. It builds and repairs cells. It gives them structure. Without it, we would have the shape of soft jelly. God plans ahead.

Plants have fiber for their structure and shape.

Daily diets have little effect on cholesterol. Daily long term grains raise cholesterol because the body has to produce more to repair the damage.

I was just a little confused about the statement "fiber is for plants" I am a big believer in fiber because it keep me regular and cleans out the digestive track. my Doctors have always told me that my bad cholesterol levels were good, so it is something I have never paid to much attention to.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
If your pancreas tries to escape through your navel, don't say you weren't warned. :)

Posted from the TOL App!

had to hit the lab early this morning for a quiz tonight

i was up to my elbows in pancreata at seven thirty

not to mention duodena, ilia, and such a variety of sphincters :chuckle:

i don't imagine i'll be hungry for a while

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is because it blocks nutrients being absorbed...but not the carbohydrate content.

I do get a lot of nutrients from plant matter that is high in fiber. the trick is to get more vitamins and minerals than the fiber carries away. Meat and eggs are great, but seriously lacing in a lot of essential stuff.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like green beans and spinach myself.
Two of my favorites, as well as dandelion greens, clover sprouts and pea sprouts. Though I am not doing peas right now, because they are higher in carbs.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I do get a lot of nutrients from plant matter that is high in fiber. the trick is to get more vitamins and minerals than the fiber carries away. Meat and eggs are great, but seriously lacing in a lot of essential stuff.

You can get most of mineral from fruit and veggies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Delmer,

intojoy is now using Jason's avatar. Is it not against rule? He is doing that to mock his enemy.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You look very fit Meshak. In person you are lively and friendly. I wonder why you are so unfriendly here on TOL?

I am here to spread Jesus' messages.

I don't sugarcoat them.

Yes, I am very people person and friendly everywhere I go. I always take initiative to meet and talk to people.