weekly weigh in

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I wish I had known this in my teens and early 20s. I wasted a lot of years being weaker than I should have been. :)
Eh, no reason for regrets. I am not an expert in this, just a thoughtful observer, but strength training actually undoes previous damage due to inactivity, and turns back the biological clock, whenever it is that you start. There's no such thing as too late to start lifting (or lifting again).

But, as we age, we need to be careful getting back into the swing of things. Our muscles atrophy, and we can injure ourselves if we take it too quick. But even when injuries occur, if we've committed to being strong for the rest of our lives, then we'll have the patience and perseverance to see it through.

:)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no shortage of chicken, eggs or fish. Gluttonous people like StP drive up the prices. ;)

john w

Hall of Fame
Except maybe eggs...

Oh! Now you are "the butter and egg man" of TOL, Mayor "Hendricks" STP? Why don't you throw us one of your Johnny Carson take off's, Mayor, such as "I buttered her up and she egged me on!" You are a cut up, Mayor.

SaulToPaul 2

Oh! Now you are "the butter and egg man" of TOL, Mayor "Hendricks" STP? Why don't you throw us one of your Johnny Carson take off's, Mayor, such as "I buttered her up and she egged me on!" You are a cut up, Mayor.

Oh sure! Did you think up that one liner as you spent 3 days in the Rock? No more carefree hours or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
fish%20broccoli.jpg

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh sure, I thought 223 was your last golf score for 18 holes...as you have been working on "adding" to your score!

You are still my 222nd favorite rabble rouser, Mayor. I see that AT&T is up $.18 today, in light trading.

Time for a nap.

SaulToPaul 2

Last night's light workout:

Overhead Press: 115 x 5 x 5
Chinups: 3 x 5
DeadLifts: 270 x 3 x 3

I suspect saint john w the great took 222 naps last night, and had 222 mr cookie bars?

john w

Hall of Fame
Last night's light workout:

Overhead Press: 115 x 5 x 5
Chinups: 3 x 5
DeadLifts: 270 x 3 x 3

I suspect saint john w the great took 222 naps last night, and had 222 mr cookie bars?

Today's work out: Threw 222 paper airplanes at STP's avatar. Did 1/2 chin up.

Took a nap.