And Now For A Nice Thread About All Things Pleasant...

lovemeorhateme

LMOMH, that is absolutely breathtaking. You're lucky!

I'd never be able to walk to the edge and look over, though. :nono:

I should go up there more often.. haven't been up there in over a year now. It's beautiful! I guess we don't always appreciate what we have when we live so close to it? That pic you posted from your part of California was pretty stunning!

As for looking over the edge.. I have a hard time getting too close to it myself! One unfortunate fact is that the area of Beachy Head is, according to statistics, the world's number 2 suicide spot. But we try not to think about that.

It's actually a part of what is now the South Downs National Park which runs 87 miles from the town of Eastbourne in the East across the south of England towards Winchester and covers an area of 628 square miles. The South Downs themselves are a collection of rolling chalk hills.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
7545551364_ba736a842c_c.jpg

lovemeorhateme

This was taken two nights ago in London. There were some very bad thunderstorms all over the country and I think this shot looks pretty awesome with lightening getting close to the London Eye...

946615_646780985334865_1843030138_n.png

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I should go up there more often.. haven't been up there in over a year now. It's beautiful! I guess we don't always appreciate what we have when we live so close to it?

I think that's very true, we sometimes forget the beauty we have around us because we're too familiar with it. :)

That pic you posted from your part of California was pretty stunning!

That's upstate from me, but I've been through there often enough, and thanks. California has so much natural beauty and it's so diverse... beautiful coastline, mountains and desert and rolling inland hills and flatland. It's pretty awesome, I have to say. :)

As for looking over the edge.. I have a hard time getting too close to it myself! One unfortunate fact is that the area of Beachy Head is, according to statistics, the world's number 2 suicide spot. But we try not to think about that.

Oh, that's a terrible thought.

It's actually a part of what is now the South Downs National Park which runs 87 miles from the town of Eastbourne in the East across the south of England towards Winchester and covers an area of 628 square miles. The South Downs themselves are a collection of rolling chalk hills.

Very cool. Thanks, and that was such a great photo. :)

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
This is a bit silly, but kinda cool, if you can do it. I was riding back from Iowa, with Mrs. B driving. I noticed low clouds going back to the horizon. It occured to me that we were running parallel with them and that if I took two shots, I'd get stereo pairs with about 1/4 mile separation, which should make the clouds visible in 3-D, which ordinarily we can't see.

Stare at them and cross your eyes. It helps if you pick out one detail and try to get the two images to merge at that point.

9333438721_3237cae04d_c.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Here's a thing that just happens to me but you can make happen if you aren't the sort it tends to happen to. Look at the bridge on the left. Now look at the back of the arch and think of it as the front of the arch.

If you do it right imagine what my reaction was when it simply happened to me driving toward it. :eek:

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
This thread is great. I don't know how someone could come here and not be awe-struck at the grand magnificence of our little sphere.