look who is keeping the 2nd one going

RandPaulfor2016 148
alwight 97
Arthur Brain 69
lovemeorhateme 54
StanJ53 42
Wile E. Coyote 36
WizardofOz 32
I do get a kick out of reading this thread.

Perhaps you can give out a One Trick Pony award. There are several one trick ponies on this board. The most prominant and grating one right now is Jerzy and the his topic of the trinity.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I hate evolutionists more than you do award for 2013

and the nominations are:

Stripe
Nazaroo

evolution may be in second place
if
homosexuality is in first

although not as offensive it still is very distracting and definitely misplaced

evolution is not to be feared
and
it can easily be ignored
but
the threads won't let you

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
and the winner of the I hate homosexuals more than you do award for 2013 is aCultureWarrior
"Truth is hate to those who hate the truth." ~ Bob Enyart 1 Co 6:9

Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27). :vomit:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned [1 Cor. 2:14].

"The natural man cannot receive the things of God. Why not? Because they are foolishness to him. If you are not a Christian, my friend, what I am saying seems foolish to you. If it doesn’t, there is something wrong with you or there is something wrong with me—one of us is wrong. God says the natural man finds the preaching of the Cross of Christ for salvation foolish. It simply does not make sense to him.

“Neither can he know them.” When I was a student in college, I had the high–minded notion that anything that any man wrote I could understand. Well, I have found that isn’t true. Certainly I cannot understand the Word of God until the Spirit of God opens my heart and mind to understand. It is spiritually discerned. Only the Spirit of God can take the things of Christ and show them unto us. The Lord Jesus said that: “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you” (John 16:13–14). My friend, unless the Spirit of God shows you the things of Christ, this Epistle to the Corinthians will mean very little to you." McGee, J. V. (1991). Vol. 44: Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (1 Corinthians) (electronic ed.) (38). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...I'd love it if you and them would accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior...
:peach: ...And for the Turning God's Grace into Lasciviousness award of 2013--Chrystotom! Jud 1:4, KJV :first:

Come on up Chrystotom :BRAVO: grace-perverter :eek:linger: (Gal. 1:6–8), bound by traditions (Mt 15:9) and deceitful in all your ways (Eph. 4:14).

Christian Liberty

but he thrives on that
and
the only thing he can't handle is being ignored

Fair point. I feel bad about myself now:sad:

:rotfl:

Imagine that.

No, aCultureWarrior, really?

I thought for sure you were going to win that "award" /sarc.

I do get a kick out of reading this thread.

Perhaps you can give out a One Trick Pony award. There are several one trick ponies on this board. The most prominant and grating one right now is Jerzy and the his topic of the trinity.

Well, libertarianism is too broad to be a "One trick pony" but even if it weren't, I've still got a few posts in non-political threads. So I don't think this applies to me. At least not too much:chuckle:

Christian Liberty

Homosexuality is: forbidden (Lev. 18:22), considered an abomination (1 Kin. 14:24), punishment for (Lev. 20:13), unclean (Rom. 1:24, 26, 27).

You know, maybe you do deserve the award in question, serpentdove. aCultureWarrior doesn't actually want to execute people for homosexuality. Although he does want to execute people for using their 1st amendment rights in certain ways.

Then again, you seem more calm than him so its a tossup.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
:shocked:

seraeaerb.jpg

rainee

:peach: ...And for the Turning God's Grace into Lasciviousness award of 2013--Chrystotom! Jud 1:4, KJV :first:

Come on up Chrystotom :BRAVO: grace-perverter :eek:linger: (Gal. 1:6–8), bound by traditions (Mt 15:9) and deceitful in all your ways (Eph. 4:14).

Dear SD,
You are hurting my heart.
Fist of all "lasciviousness" is a lust/lewdness word tied to playfulness.

You have seen it - I know you must have - those creepy people who do and say creepy things while grinning really creepily?

Maybe it is more than that too but that is what I think of.

In all truth, Chrys is far from that. At least here he is not!

Remember?
For the longest time no one knew if Chrys was male or female or a horse... (But I figured it out. Others may have too.)

I love him I love you
Please do not kill me with a struggle over this, please.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"..."[L]asciviousness" is a lust/lewdness word tied to playfulness..."

"...Lasciviousness is a very important word. I suppose the best synonym is wantonness because wantonness has in it the thought of lawlessness and arrogance—doing as you please even if you offend the sensibilities of others. Jude says that the ungodly turn the grace of our God into lasciviousness—into immorality. The apostle Paul warned the Galatian believers about the danger of turning the grace of God into license—permitting them to live any way they pleased. “For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another” (Gal. 5:13)." McGee, J. V. (1991). Vol. 57: Thru the Bible commentary: The Epistles (2 and 3 John/Jude) (electronic ed.) (82). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Christian Liberty

There's a fine line between truth-smacking and just being mean for its own sake.

Truth smacking may attack an idea but it also explains WHY the idea is erroneous, and it doesn't attack a person directly.

Attacking a person directly or just deliberately being mean isn't truth smacking.