chrysostom’s 2013 annual awards

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
IOW, without our participation, your new celebration of yourself would have quickly become the same ego-boosting blog the old observations thread was.

Or ...IOW, because of your participation, individuals who would normally participate post less to avoid the obvious attempts (trolling) to disrupt and ruin his thread.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Or ...IOW, because of your participation, individuals who would normally participate post less to avoid the obvious attempts (trolling) to disrupt and ruin his thread.

IOW, you believe Town was lying when he wrote in his OP:
... I hope it will also be more of the sort of place where people can have conversation, not debate, and say hello and stretch their legs, tell a joke, talk about something they've read or watched or noodled....

...Anyway, I wanted a place for people to stop in and talk about anything they think the rest of us might find interesting ...

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Chrys has not been a sexual pervert here- and the better you get me understanding the definition the further you are getting from the horrible seduction and degrading that has gone on and does still that is so awful. How can we call Chrys immoral?
He perverts and inverts the word of God. :eek:linger: God says homosexuality is evil (Lev 18:22, 20:13, 1 Ki 14:24, Ro 1:24, 26, 27 :vomit:). :poly: Chrysostom says men who call Sodomites evil are evil (Isa 5:20, Pr 16:25).

If you disagree with Chrysostom, you are a hater. :sozo2:

"ἀσέλγεια, ας f: behavior completely lacking in moral restraint, usually with the implication of sexual licentiousness—‘licentious behavior, extreme immorality.’ μὴ μετανοησάντων ἐπὶ τῇ ἀκαθαρσίᾳ καὶ πορνείᾳ καὶ ἀσελγείᾳ ᾗ ἔπραξαν ‘they have not repented of the filthy things they have done, their immorality and licentious deeds’ 2 Cor 12:21. In some languages the equivalent of ‘licentious behavior’ would be ‘to live like a dog’ or ‘to act like a goat’ or ‘to be a rooster,’ in each instance pertaining to promiscuous sexual behavior." Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Vol. 1: Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: Based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition.) (770). New York: United Bible Societies.

"Jude 4 certain men … crept in unnoticed. These were infiltrating, false teachers pretending to be true, who on the surface looked like the real thing, but whose intentions were to lead God’s people astray (cf. Matt. 7:15; Acts 20:29; Gal. 2:4,5; 1 Tim. 4:1–3; 2 Pet. 2:1,20; 1 John 2:18–23). These apostates were Satan’s counterfeits, most likely posing as itinerant teachers (cf. 2 Cor. 11:13–15; 2 Pet. 2:1–3; 2 John 7–11). Their stealth made them dangerous. They were characterized by 3 features: 1) they were ungodly; 2) they perverted grace; and 3) they denied Christ. long ago … marked out. Apostasy and apostates in general were written about and condemned many centuries before, such as illustrated in vv. 5–7 and spoken of as Enoch did in vv. 14–16. Cf. Is. 8:19–21; 47:9–15; Hos. 9:9; Zeph. 3:1–8. Their doom was “pre-written” in Scripture as a warning to all who would come later. Jesus had warned about them in Matt. 7:15–20 (cf. Acts 20:29). The most recent warning had been 2 Pet. 2:3,17; 3:7. this condemnation. This refers to the judgment spoken of by others “long ago.” Jude’s present exposé of apostates placed them in the path of the very judgment of God, written of previously. ungodly men. Lit. “impious” or “without worship.” Their lack of reverence for God was demonstrated by the fact that they infiltrated the church of God to corrupt it and gain riches from its people. Cf. vv. 15,16,18,19. lewdness. Lit. “unrestrained vice” or “gross immorality,” which describes the shameless lifestyle of one who irreverently flaunts God’s grace by indulging in unchecked and open immorality (cf. Rom. 6:15). deny … Lord … Lord Jesus Christ. See note on 2 Pet. 2:1. Two Gr. words for Lord are used here. The apostates disowned Christ as sovereign Lord (despotēs) and disdained any recognition of Christ as honorable Lord (kurios) by their wicked behavior. The better NT mss. omit “God” in the text (see marginal note), placing the emphasis clearly on one person, the Lord Jesus Christ, and emphasizing that apostates deny Him. See note on 2 Pet. 2:1. Cf. Matt. 10:33; 2 Tim. 2:12; Titus 1:16; 1 John 2:22,23. It is always true of apostates, false teachers, and false religions that they pervert what Scripture declares is true about the Lord Jesus Christ." The MacArthur Study Bible. 1997 (J. MacArthur, Jr., Ed.) (electronic ed.) (Jud 4). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Ar! I think you are a fine person, Chrys, but uhm...

Don't compliment an antichrist.

"Jude 3 contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. The gospel of Jesus Christ does not change. Since He is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Heb. 13:8), so His gospel remains eternally the same. And it is worth fighting for, since through it alone we find eternal life." Stanley, C. F. (2005). The Charles F. Stanley life principles Bible: New King James Version (Jud 3). Nashville, TN: Nelson Bibles.

"New morality is just old sin." ~ J. Vernon McGee

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
IOW, you believe Town was lying

Nope ... I have never seen any evidence of TH lying. It isn't in *his* character.

However, we do understand that you are intentionally dishonest and feel the need to project.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
IOW, without our participation, your new celebration of yourself would have quickly become the same ego-boosting blog the old observations thread was.
You mean one of the more popular views in TOL, year in and out? That's what Observations was without you and what Quixote's was becoming without you and will be despite you, if I put the effort into it...because those threads have never really needed you for anything.

Much like TOL.

IOW, you believe Town was lying when he wrote in his OP:
Rather, she (as well as you) understands the difference between someone who posts to inform or entertain others and someone who posts to make a different statement. Like about toenail clipping and whatnot. People aren't stupid, Sod, your hopes notwithstanding.

don't you just love monday morning quarterbacks?
I do that one (bybee).

where were you in the discussion phase?
She was probably doing something else. That seems to be a problem for you this time around.

There you go again. Deprecation must be your middle name. :idunno:
:think: Yours should be demarcation, as in the line between the readable and whatever it is you're writing.

I can hardly wait for the next award. :plain: So that's one then.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Town was lying when he wrote in his OP...

[Town Quixote's] I hope it will also be more of the sort of place where people can have conversation, not debate...
If you challenge his small observations, :freak: you are "disruptive" (example 1 :banned:, example 2 :banned:).

Anyway, I wanted a place for people to stop in and talk about anything they think the rest of us might find interesting...
:Commie: As long as they agree with you. :Shimei: Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
...Cuz I have important things to do today like heating up tv dinners for lunch.

Why is that supposed to be upsetting again? Because I actually cook instead of heat things up?

That said, I have microwaved a few meals in my day. Though I mostly use my convection oven when I'm feeling that lazy, as the former never quite gets anything right and the latter is really quick enough, to my mind.

Not for Jack though. Too much salt in most of the preprepared bits.

Happy to see you take time away from your aneurysm in progress to post something else.

Which brings me to the question that I know many have been dying to ask:

Since most of us fathers out here aren't metrosexuals like yourself TH:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=metrosexual

I for one was wondering why you stay at home and make your wife go earn the family bread? I know that you have a moral handicap, but do you have a physical handicap that prevents you from working and thus allowing your wife to spend more time with your child during his/her early years? I know that the liberal chicks here think that you're so cool for doing that, but us guys have to wonder where your values lie.

"But if any man does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. " 1 Timothy 5:8

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
... someone who posts to inform or entertain others....

ahh, so now it's informing or entertaining, eh? :chuckle:

no thanks Town, I believe I'll take you at your word, lies though they were, when you said:

the Town Liar said:
...the sort of place where people can have conversation, not debate, and say hello and stretch their legs, tell a joke, talk about something they've read or watched or noodled....

...Anyway, I wanted a place for people to stop in and talk about anything ...

"different statement" notwithstanding :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If you challenge his small observations, :freak: you are "disruptive"
I think it's sweet the way you kids rally, but really, he and Eeset alone post about twice as many a day as me, anna, AB and zoo combined, so...no, even so he probably could use the help.

:Commie: As long as they agree with you. :Shimei:
Except, as you know, most of my friends disagree with me on something or a host of things. We mostly just agree that people like you are either half in the bag or out of their regular meds. :plain:

Next.

I for one was wondering why you stay at home and make your wife go earn the family bread?
Oh, that's easy: I couldn't if I wanted to, she doesn't actually and/but really it's none of your business.

Thanks for asking. That's your color, honestly. :thumb:

Next.

ahh, so now it's informing or entertaining, eh? :chuckle:
Of course it is. Why else do people hang out in a thread unless they're debating? But it isn't that you don't understand that, it's that you want an excuse of some sort for trolling.

Relax. No one cares. Not the admin and not me, particularly, except as it frames you. And it does.

no thanks Town, I believe I'll take you at your word,
Funniest lie you ever wrote, but then not even you can manage it, so:

lies though they were,
:chuckle: Arguing with yourself in public...there goes the bag theory where you're concerned.

Next? Oh, you again...okay.

Don't worry guys - his time is coming to an end.
Whereas your end is about all we've seen for years. :eek:

What's next, chrys? You should give out an award for people who keep the thing going between awards.

bybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
...Cuz I have important things to do today like heating up tv dinners for lunch.

Which brings me to the question that I know many have been dying to ask:

Since most of us fathers out here aren't metrosexuals like yourself TH:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=metrosexual

I for one was wondering why you stay at home and make your wife go earn the family bread? I know that you have a moral handicap, but do you have a physical handicap that prevents you from working and thus allowing your wife to spend more time with your child during his/her early years? I know that the liberal chicks here think that you're so cool for doing that, but us guys have to wonder where your values lie.

"But if any man does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. " 1 Timothy 5:8

What a sack of excrement you display. Is it yours? Must be.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Notice I didn't leave you out of my earlier post bybee.

" I know that the liberal chicks here think that you're so cool for doing that...".

The next question that needs to be asked bybee is:

What should we do with that filthy mouth of yours?

I hear tell that this works wonders on those with filthy mouth syndrome (being that it's heavy duty, you might want to remove your dentures before applying).

post-lava.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's okay, bybee. People like aCW or Sod are trying to compensate for the frustrations we can't know, but only witness the effect of with anger and attempts to empower themselves in any way and by any means... That never works and will always do them more damage than they could imagine doing others.

They can only really harm people who don't see them for what they are. Which, sadly, is more than a few; but, happily, that number appears to be dwindling over time.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's okay, bybee. People like aCW or Sod are trying to compensate for the frustrations we can't know, but only witness the effect of with anger and attempts to empower themselves in any way and by any means... That never works and will always do them more damage than they could imagine doing others.

They can only really harm people who don't see them for what they are. Which, sadly, is more than a few; but, happily, that number appears to be dwindling over time.

What our metrosexual friend is saying bybee is this:

"While men like aCultureWarrior and resurrected are out earning a living and bringing home the bacon so to speak, as is clearly spoken about in Scripture, I'll be here to entertain geriatrics such as yourself."

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Why else do people hang out in a thread unless they're debating?

:think: Hmmm - let's think about that for a moment

:idea: How about:

"to stop in and talk about anything" or "have conversation"

Town, showing up dim-witted two days in a row.

this is not a promising trend

orbitz.jpg

"While men like aCultureWarrior and resurrected are out earning a living and bringing home the bacon so to speak, as is clearly spoken about in Scripture, I'll be here to entertain geriatrics such as yourself."

102_1729-blog-homer-bacon.jpg

bybee

Ah, you are such a little puke! It is not wise to hit an old lady below the belt as it were. You open yourself for the same treatment.

For instance, it is a fact of psychology that those who dwell on a topic to the exclusion of all other topics very likely are struggling with that topic themselves.
Are you a homosexual? Do you have latent homosexual fantasies?
It does seem to occupy your every waking thought?
You are a repulsive, ill-mannered clot.
And if you confess your deviances to God almighty He may forgive you.