Town Quixote's

bybee

Sometimes the light switch is just as good. Sends'em scurrying for corners.

:cheers: Mornin' bybee. :D

Good morning my friend!
We have just experienced an ice storm and are now waiting for approximately 12 inches or so of heavy wet snow!
My son called from San Antonio. It's 91 in the shade there!
Quite a difference between the state called "The Star of the North" and "The Lone Star State"!

I'm supposed to be studying mythology and typing up an exam cheatsheet.

I thought I'd study this chart so I'd know how to direct my procrastination.

:plain:

whats-your-procrastination-style.png
There needs to be cross-over categories too.

Wednesday Morning Movies :think:

This week I'd like to recommend a couple of off beat movies, one of which made its money back and the other...not so much.

Salmon Fishing In The Yemen: on the surface and by the title it's hard to get very excited about a movie premised on bringing fish to the desert. But the real draw of this movie is the confluence of three lives and the way they impact one another, become entangled in that peculiar dream. There's romance and adventure and struggle against odds and nature (human and otherwise) in a film surprisingly tender and endearing.

I give it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars

The Big Year: has a lot going for it on the surface, Jack Black, Owen Wilson and Steve Martin in a light comedy, for starters. But then you hit the snag. It's a film about bird watching. And as comedies go, it's a film about bird watching.

It grossed a little over seven million against a budget of around forty million. People just didn't flock to the vaguely amusing, semi romantic film about bird watching. And it's too bad, because while the premise isn't exactly engaging the actors mostly are and there are surprising turns in the three primary stories worth following.

3 out of 5 stars
I was surprised I actually liked "The Big Year". I didn't see it as a comedy, but more a slice of life that few of us truly understand. I might rate it at 3.25 out of 5, but that's quibbling.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
This Just In

So WoZ suggested...
Can we group hug now?
:nono: Not unless you want aCW to start another thread.

While over in the gun control thread...
If you look at the increase of violent crime in the UK as a result of gun control, you would not be in favor of gun control.
You think that gun control sponsors an increase in violent crime. :plain:

What's that dripping from your ears anyway?

I thought so.

Then after some doofus suggested a huge Google total on a knife wielding attacker stopped by handgun should be considered with a straight face...
Also, Google : "attacker with knife stopped by bystander with banana"

About 1,970,000 results (0.17 seconds) :think:

Talking dog got 578,000,000 on Google. So that shows you how many talking dogs there must be out there, eh?

If someone ever trains all those dogs to kill we won't stand a chance. :plain:

Dena

Good morning my friend!
We have just experienced an ice storm and are now waiting for approximately 12 inches or so of heavy wet snow!
My son called from San Antonio. It's 91 in the shade there!
Quite a difference between the state called "The Star of the North" and "The Lone Star State"!

It was 80 and sunny here. I much prefer that over snow!!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Friday Morning Gazette

Discussed weapons/tactics with kmo in the Texas stabbing thread...
I've heard that at a certain range and closer someone with a knife is actually at an advantage against someone with a gun. I don't know what the distance was. Or if it is true. :eek:
I think that distance is referred to as the "IIIEEEEAAAAHH!" zone.

While in a thread created to warn of the creeping (either) potential for social acceptance of pedophilia...
I generally tend to avoid these threads becasue they tend to attract perverts and their supporters.

I was thinking about this on my way in to work today - I'm working with seventh and eighth graders - 12-14 yo. None of the kids in my class could be considered emotionally or mentally mature enough to marry or bear and raise children.

but it occured to me that I know of one group of fourteen yo girls who are.
:plain:

So of course ASCon was all over it...
...Obviously you didn't pay any attention to the last chapter in part 1 of my WHMBR! thread that dealt with that very subject matter.
I also don't get my news from the comic strip section of a newspaper. :plain:

"Problematic"? As I'd shown in the thread I referred to above, obvious acts of public indecency are done at these parades. Pictures of those doing the acts are available as well as the children viewing them.
Way to not address the points I made as to why it would actually be problematic or to acknowledge that I set out those violating public ordinances should be prosecuted for doing so. You only need a police officer witnessing the event and a clear violation, like public exposure.

...You can keep your head buried in the proverbial sand TH; the truth is the truth whether or not you want to acknowledge it or not.
Rather, history, the law, the facts support every word I said about consent. All you have is your anger, outrage and a desperate attempt to leverage that into fear, but it's just not true. There's no rational way to sustain the domino approach, regardless of whether you or radical elements in the homosexual community would like it to be true, if for different reasons.

Ending, predictably...
Buh bye Mr. "ignorance is bliss".
Finally, something you know about.

Else, that's what I thought you didn't have to counter.

Well go to, happy. There's even a support group in GM's Ignorant thread. Last I heard they were talking about my eye wear. :rolleyes:

the tag team of homosexualist tardliness :chuckle:
Coming from a guy who only just wrote 14 year old girls might be old enough to marry and have children you can't imagine what that means to me. :plain: Or likely anyone not living a hundred years ago or more.

While Eeset thought it was time to remind everyone...
This message is hidden because Town Heretic is on your ignore list.

Sponsoring...
And nothing says "I am ignoring you" like going on about how much you are ignoring him/her.

ig·nore (g-nôr, -nr)
tr.v. ig·nored, ig·nor·ing, ig·nores
1. consideration, notice, or observation
2. the act or faculty of mentally concentrating on a single object, thought, or event.
3. a state of consciousness characterized by such concentration.
4. detailed care or special treatment

While technical issues were all the rage in...
Anyone else been having problems with TOL sporadically not loading since the server switch? It happens to me a lot. "Server not available." Generally no big deal, and it usually just takes a couple of refreshes, but sometimes when I've typed out a post and try to post it and it gets lost it's frustrating. I've been trying to remember to copy the post before I try to post it. Just curious.
I get a much slower load time from screen to screen, but I just assumed it was the server processing all the ignores placed on my account. :think:

Someone should alert chrys when he returns. I may be causing a strain on TOL resources of the like not witnessed since Zooapalooza Vidfest 2012. :plain:

And speaking of straining, anyone seen AB lately?

Bulletin Board:

Stux started a thread on friendship you might want to check out: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3414908#post3414908

And if you're an aspiring writer or like hanging around and discussing the craft and art, this thread might be for you: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3415933#post3415933

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The Weekend Gazette :singer:

Over in the "why does everyone who hypothesizes a time machine make a b-line to kill Hitler" thread I proposed a novel and generally less lethal notion...
I have a question for any pro-lifers. Would you have considered it a blessing if Hitler's mom opted for abortion? If possible, would you go back in time to talk his mom into aborting him to save millions of others? How far would a pro-lifer reach if you knew the baby was going to be a notorious murderer?

Just curious...
No. If I could travel back in time I'd save his mother's life then get him serious art lessons. Either or both of those should do the trick if you know much about his formative years and aspirations.

Helped Rusha and friends put a little life into the Dear Diary Clubs lamentation celebration...
That Town, That Town ...
More interesting that space exploration ...
More devious than Hitler ...
Scarier than King Kong ...
Lives on a diet of jet fuel and puppy dogs.
They ignore me here, they ignore me there,
They ignore me (loudly) everywhere.

It's all the rage and quite a trick
to talk around Town Heretic. :eek:

Before sky nearly ruined it for everyone...
GM wake up! Your ignoring rights are being violated!
Great. Someone start a stopwatch and we'll all wait for aCW to show up...it would kill you to invest in a thesaurus and bypass that sort of word?

But it was Gros who showed up to triple dog ignore me...
Obviously, Town is the type of fellow who thrives on the attention of others!
The only truly obvious thing here is that which you would do you do and that which you would not do you do also. :D

Without it, he can not sustain his enormous ego!
Like being lectured on fiscal restraint by Congress.

He's a man who depends on his lack of wit,
Like being criticized on wit by...well, you then.

And what would any thread be without Eeset...and wouldn't that be something?
Striving for relevance?
You should consider that for a signature line. :plain:

Then things just...continued...
I saw Town rooting around this thread awhile ago, looking for material for, his thread!
I know that until I arrived seeing other people moving about in your thread was a novel occurrence, but that's actually how it's supposed to work, if you can imagine it.

And if you can't then get sky to do it for you. :D

And...
Town needs to learn to be more civil with GM! He should at least make the effort!
Stop yelling. Some people are obviously trying to sleep in here. :plain:

Meanwhile, in the abort Hitler thread...
Why am I not at all surprised by your taste in humor?
Because you lack one? Just a guess, mind you.

Spoke with IMJ on GM's attempts to repel the hoard...
You're improving. Just leave out the stuff in the pointy parenthesis. :D
He's not too bad. You know how it is, most of us do what we can and some, well, some do what they can't. :plain:

Then Rusha asked the sort of question you expect from Yankees...
Why would anyone fry their banana?
You've never even been to the South, have you... :nono:

I mean, why wouldn't you? :idunno:

Back in the Dirty Socks thread, things were getting dicey...
If I place someone on ignore they will be a last person to know.
:noid: Who would be the next to last person?

So GM came back with a vengeance...or for one...it's hard to tell with him sometimes...
There was a time when people had respect for one another.
Yes, yes...around 10:30 wasn't it? :think:

A time when you gave the other guy a break.
Where do you want it?

It seems those days are long gone. Now, only a quaint little memory remains of what was. A small remnant in the collective mindset of those who shared in, and cherished those brief moments, now, all to be unrecognizable in the scheme of things!
Admit it, you were doing the Morgan Freeman voice in your head when you went for that note, weren't you.

I mean, if he suffered from a breathing disorder. :plain: Asthma, maybe.

And still managed to wrap up the McDonald's spilled coffee suit business with MD...
...I'm not questioning whether McDonald's knew that their hot coffee can cause burns. I'm questioning whether that by itself constitutes recklessness.
See, the problem is in the easy way you put "burns". Scalding temperatures and severe burns should be and were distinguished from the sort that leave you waving a hand and running a little cool water. And, as I noted, when you serve that through a window to people in cars and your own studies note that people aren't actually waiting until they arrive at another destination to consume it...you end up in court.

This is another symptom of the same lack of common sense in the system. Do you honestly think anyone needs to read the coffee cup to know that the coffee is hot? They should also mention that it's wet lest anyone drown in it...
Again, there's a difference between expecting hot coffee and getting a product they admit isn't fit for consumption at the temperature it's first served, a temperature that can and did cause serious injury.

...What do you think I am missing here?
An accurate relating of the facts, the controlling standards of law and a conclusion in line with those. Stuff like that. :plain: As rhetoric it will probably get you elected in the right county. :D

:cheers:

"The jury was informed that McDonald's operations and training manual required its coffee to be brewed at 195 to 205 degrees and held at 180 to 190 degrees for optimal taste, and that this was 40 to 50 degrees hotter than coffee made at home.

A McDonald's expert argued that any coffee hotter than 130 degrees could produce third-degree burns, so it did not matter that McDonald's coffee was hotter. But a plaintiff's expert testified that lowering the serving temperature to about 160 degrees could make a big difference, because it takes less than three seconds to produce a third-degree burn at 190 degrees, about 12 to 15 seconds at 180 degrees, and about 20 seconds at 160 degrees. According to Stella's son-in-law, McDonald's experts "admitted the [coffee] was too hot for consumption when sold. They did not contest the fact that it took 25 minutes to cool to a drinkable temperature."

The 700 prior claims for likened incidents had mostly been settled by McDonald's, not dismissed and for up to 500k in one incident. The Shriners Burn Hospitals even became involved.

"Christopher Appleton, the McDonald's quality-assurance manager...acknowledged that most people would not realize that severe burns were possible with coffee that hot, but stated that McDonald's had decided not to warn its customers about this possibility."

Knowing the danger and the ignorance of the customer and making a considered decision not to warn them...no, nothing reckless about that. :plain:

Tomorrow? :think: Sports maybe...well, other sports.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sunday Morning Human Interest Spotlight

This week, a quick glimpse into a few TOL favorites via some of their more interesting recent thread creations:

zoo: Eeset's Disappearing Threads; Birthers; RIP Roger Ebert

resurrected: Judge OK's Next Step To Legalized Pedophila; Legalized Pedophilia; California Liberals Protecting Pedophile

chrys: Who Posted?; Grosnick Marowbe 3; moving tips

Eeset: Thread deleted by Eeset; Thread deleted by Eeset; Thread deleted by Eeset.

annabenedetti: Favorite Quotations; Confirmation Bias at TOL; Should the Constitution be amended to abolish life tenure for Supreme Court justices?

kmo: Brett Favre, His Life; My Favorite Brett Favre Moments; I Really Love Brett Favre

AB: Who Here Chose To Be Heterosexual?; How Would Eradicating Lawyers & A Jury From The Justice System Improve It?; How Would Charity Alone Benefit All Or Most In Society?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sunday Night Gazette

So Q squandered the good will and credibility engendered by his TH SuperHappy Fanclub (well, that's how I thought of it) by starting a thread for AB...
...I'll never forget the first time I met him. God knows I'm going to keep trying, but so far...

Great thread. Will there be Door prizes? Like random bursts of profanity or soccer memorabilia? Though I suppose if the latter is involved the former is a given. :plain:

While in the Ignore thread...
Well don't feel bad. This group of harpies tossed me right out of the women's club. :idunno:
Harpies, eh? And *who* exactly threw you out of the women's club?
The transmissions of harpies through public intercourse is nothing to joke about. :plain:

And in the disappearing Eeset thread...thread...
Uh oh, I think someone's commandeered Eeset's account and is using it to neg rep people. :plain:
And reporting too...she must be beside herself, which when you think of it is likely punishment enough. :plain:

An old friend waded in...
The town clown.

:eek:

Odd, to pick sky as a username and then spend most of your time aiming so much lower.

Then chrys was back banging his new/old drum about book reports...
I'm insinuating that you don't understand what it [Don Quixote] is about
Which would be compelling if you hadn't muffed something as basic as its authorship [he thought Cervantes actually meant that he'd transcribed the tale, which was actually a device used to the author's purpose] at the outset then lacked the common grace or sense to recognize your error.

Meaning it will mean to you what you think it means and nothing else. You're looking for a psychic, not an answer.

Jumped into zoo's liberal censorship thread...
I was in the store today shopping for deals on Easter rabbit marshmallow Peeps, reciting Bible verses to customers as I perused the aisles. Some guy commented on my sign (you know, the Obama Voodoo-bone-through-the-nose one), so I told him about the secret Kenyan Obama birth. After I had gone back to reciting Bible verses, security came up and asked me to either "leave other shoppers alone" or leave the store! ... What?!? Where am I?!? Welcome to commieville, where Christians are the enemy and free speech is stomped on!

By the way, there are some good prices on Peeps out there right now.

With...
Has anyone else read The Peep Swastika? It'll open your eyes to the gut wrenching (and expanding) truth about Peeps. I'll be posting links to horrific sex acts loosely tied into the book at some point, right after I post Part III: the Peep Agenda Exposed. So stay tuned!

Tomorrow? Resurrected steps in it so far he may never be heard from again...in the Cub Reporters thread. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Tuesday Morning Gazette/Special Edition

It's worth noting that, of the twelve reports made by the Hairy Tick in March, seven of them were posts I had made.

that's gotta earn him some kind of creepy stalker award, dontcha think?

Let's look at them... Should be educational.

March of the Heretic:

One: you enter a conversation I was having with Stripe with...

Maybe Stripe's not all that concerned with your foppish opinion and overrated estimation of your abilities

Two: you jump onto a comment by Nick M to talk about me, again.

Nick, Nick, Nick Thou shalt not criticize the Town thy Better

Three: that one was you posting this ditty:
You sure you're not just sitting in a bubble bath after a burritto dinner?
in Observations.

Yeah, someone appears to be stalking all right.

Four: In the Observations thread of TH thread...and there you are again with this gem:

that's "pretend attorney" Eeset

Five: I report you being disrespectful of a moderator. That's the first one that could be construed as reaching out, though I was in the thread, not looking for you. It's hard to miss you given your post count.

Six: you trolling the gun thread to say things like:

Consider the perverted character of a man who actually claimed to be a vile lawyer?

Is it even possible to besmirch such a foul creature?

Seven: this is for you trolling the lawyer thread by interjecting wonderful insights like this one:
Totter off now. :wave2:

So you probably should have thought that charge of yours through a little more given what the record reveals about you in it.

Or, in other words, go lick your self inflicted wounds, doofi. :e4e: