Town Quixote's

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
TH is someone who perhaps deserves a better audience and respect than he seems to get here, I hope we find out where he goes and hope that the likes of certain third parties don't. :plain:
Rumor has it that he is hanging out on a Buddhist site. Some say they gave him his own Mahabodhi tree.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So I guess everyone finds a point where the cost/benefit analysis taps its watch and smiles...for me it was a moment or so ago when I noticed Observations had been pruned.

I have lost
more posts
more threads
bigger threads
I have more numbers
but
not as many friends
so
get over yourself
protect what you have
if
it is really important
put it in a blog, knight said they are safe
keep certain threads active like I am doing
can you see what I am doing?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
while town is away
I will once again explain
what
don quixote is all about
it is a classic because they don't know
what
it is all about

written by a muslim
it is an attempt to mock the christian crusader
dulcinea is the church
many here see the church as the whore
and
will try to mock anyone who tries to defend her
we are don quixote
who
defend the church
and
we will go after anything that looks like a windmill

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
As do I ... though in TH's case, I think he is in the same boat with other highly intelligent people who are verbally attacked and abused by those who are envious.

Beautiful family, fulfilling life, career. Drives those little green-eyed monsters nutty enough to build their whole life around stalking him.

I hope YOU don't go also.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Most people have enjoyed it. Unfortunately it has been sabotaged over and over and over again by unscrupulous, vapid, mean spirited troglodytes.
They have sought to make Townie their personal punching bag and I don't blame him if he has just had enough.

Your double standards are interesting to observe.

TH will be back, everyone. Just chill out.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Stopped in to archive a chunk of Quixotes and felt obliged to thank many of you for the kind comments...for old time's sake then, a partial Gazette in real time:

Chrys continued to get a thing wrong and loudly...
while town is away
I will once again explain
what
don quixote is all about
it is a classic because they don't know
what
it is all about

written by a muslim..
No, it wasn't. But your holding onto that, your complete inability to get what Cervantes was doing with that is still something that makes me smile. So I thank you for it.

While holding court on issues near and dear to him...
I have lost
more posts
more threads
Probably.
bigger threads
I have more numbers
That seems important to you. It wasn't the point to me, but to each his own.
but
not as many friends
Supra.
so
get over yourself
Like I said, I was mostly disappointed because so much of that thread carried other threads and people who are simply gone now. The tiger thread that was so funny was preserved in part there, postings by Mary C and Plastic Buddha, etc.

It seems to me to have been at best thoughtless. At worst? Well, one more reason to tip that cost/benefit to the side of taking an indefinite.

As to your thread prunings, my response was a bit different. You may not recall, but I lamented the passing of the huge Catholic thread in particular that I thought warranted a better treatment. I was fairly public in that and I encouraged you to start another.

But we're just different people and your response here doesn't particularly surprise me.

can you see what I am doing?
I think Hellen Keller could spot you at distance. :plain:

Okay. I haven't gotten everything I wanted off the line today, but I think I have most of it.

Ok Doser is still tapping at the glass? Good grief. :chuckle: I hope you guys, the ones who read this over the years, don't mind if I turn the lights off and close the door on the trolls. They can make threads about me or this if they like. I wanted to give them an opportunity to either do better or underline themselves...so much for optimism. :eek:

I think I want the last word here, after all.

And that would be thank you. Thank you to Knight for creating this place and many kindnesses over the years. Thanks to my friends for making this a prolonged and enjoyable adventure, whatever becomes of it, and thanks to the rest of you for keeping my shirtsleeves (and occasionally pants legs) rolled up.

What wasn't to love? :D To be clear, I'm not storming out. I'm walking away from the circus. I've simply done it. I've seen the elephant and had my face painted. Life is like that. It takes us places we come to value and change by...then, just when we get too comfortable, it does something absurd and we're on the move again.

Maybe we'll see each other again, maybe not. But in any event...:cheers:

The bar is closed.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Man, a guy stops by to wish everyone a merry dominant culture holy month and what the blazes is going on around here? :shocked:

Anna is in red?? That's like catching the Pope at a disco or Gandhi eating spareribs. Well, that's the sort of thing that's bound to happen when I leave you kids alone too long.

Anyway, I'm on break after completing a 4.0 run at my first semester back in academia, thank ye kindly and, having taken a really long breath of fresh air decided I couldn't let the season pass without saying hello and Merry Christmas to you knuckleheads.

So I'll be around for a little bit, poke a few bears with the humor stick, or shtick, depending on your outlook. Then it's back to storage and the next semester.

:eek:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Man, a guy stops by to wish everyone a merry dominant culture holy month and what the blazes is going on around here? :shocked:

Anna is in red?? That's like catching the Pope at a disco or Gandhi eating spareribs. Well, that's the sort of thing that's bound to happen when I leave you kids alone too long.

Anyway, I'm on break after completing a 4.0 run at my first semester back in academia, thank ye kindly and, having taken a really long breath of fresh air decided I couldn't let the season pass without saying hello and Merry Christmas to you knuckleheads.

So I'll be around for a little bit, poke a few bears with the humor stick, or shtick, depending on your outlook. Then it's back to storage and the next semester.

:eek:

Welcome back ... the forum is much better when both you and Anna are actively posting.