No announcement yet.

One Sentence Movie Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a review, but this Lincoln looks terrific. There are two trailers. This one takes a few seconds to get to the movie but showcases better and ends on a "powerful" note.

Lincoln
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Never let me Go - disturbing Distopian alternative England, with harry potter style school and kiera knightly.
      SJKW Extraordinaire

Comment

My Idiot Brother: you won't feel like one for watching it, but you won't leave the wiser either.

Pro-Life

Comment

Total Recall "Reboot"

Crap.

Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

Skyfall: Awesome!

I don't think I can say much more without going into spoilers, because I want to talk about it so badly. Though my friend reviewed it as: just the right mix of global danger and personal vendetta.
            sigpic

Comment

Moonrise Kingdom- bizarre, hilarious, sweet, and brilliantly crafted with a unique style

Comment

The Amazing Spider-Man: does to the first franchise what the second Batman series did to the first--and then some.

Pro-Life

Comment

Brave: wasn't very, opting for the tried trite and true, but saved from collapse by an emotionally satisfying, if predictable, third act.

Pro-Life

Comment

Titanic

Overhyped, Overlong, overbearing, over-stereotypical gunk from a director who made far better films prior to this, and in which the following edited version is more entertaining in regards to the above....

Last edited by Arthur Brain; November 22nd, 2012, 08:07 PM.
                    Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                      Brave: wasn't very, opting for the tried trite and true, but saved from collapse by an emotionally satisfying, if predictable, third act.
                      Not to mention a hot redhead in the lead.

What?
                      sigpic

Comment

Up: I finally saw it, and it was moving, thoughtful, humorous, and inspiring.

Comment

Cars 2: it's not a lemon but Pixar finally made a movie for kids that's mostly for kids, which is almost as disappointing as it is surprising.

The Campaign: take the less funny elements of Talledega Nights, add a great deal more profanity and just enough genuinely funny moments to keep it from being a disaster on the order of Land of the Lost and you have a disjointed Campaign that's unlikely to find anyone clamoring for four more, or two, or one.

Pro-Life

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                            Total Recall "Reboot"

Crap.

They should have called it "Total Re-Dont."

Comment

The Hobbit: An Expected Journey: This was a beautifully done and incredibly charming opening to a new trilogy, exploring the world of Middle Earth and the life of hobbits. Loved it.

Les Miserables: Words won't, can't, do this film justice, as it was an instant classic, a masterpiece...perhaps the Gospel in song. Superb.

Comment

Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                                Not a review, but this Lincoln looks terrific. There are two trailers. This one takes a few seconds to get to the movie but showcases better and ends on a "powerful" note.

Lincoln
                                If you have yet to see the movie read this at your own risk.
                                Spoiler
                                Lincoln gets shot; while at a play at Ford's Theater.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X