One Sentence Movie Reviews

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"It looks like war, Miss Charlotte," said the Tarlenton Twins.
"Fiddly dee dee," said Charlotte O'Hara.
BOOM !!!
"Thank God that bloody war is over," said Rhett Butler. "Will you marry me, Charlotte?"
"Oh, but it's Ashley that I really love."
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a *#$@."

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Trailer Park Boys: Countdown to Liquor Day

Take Pinky & the Brain; replace "Pinky" with "Randy" (AKA Ran-Ran-Bo-Ban; Bo-Bannis; Randy Bobandy) and "the Brain" with "Jim Lahey" (trailer park supervisor); and replace a "plan to take over the world" with sending the boys to jail.

brewmama

"It looks like war, Miss Charlotte," said the Tarlenton Twins.
"Fiddly dee dee," said Charlotte O'Hara.
BOOM !!!
"Thank God that bloody war is over," said Rhett Butler. "Will you marry me, Charlotte?"
"Oh, but it's Ashley that I really love."
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a *#$@."

Except that it's Scarlett, not Charlotte!

quip

BANNED
Banned
The Hateful Eight - A Tarantino film...blood, guns. Need I say more? meh

The Revenant - Good though brutal...Warning: can be gross. :up::up::up::up:

rexlunae

Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Something something Force, recycle old plot points, something BB8 toys, Darth Emo something something, make a trillion dollars in marketing deals alone!!!

I think the take-away here is that the quality of a movie is inversely proportional to the number of advertisements featuring tie-ins to it. I think I'll skip the next Star Wars.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Something something Force, recycle old plot points, something BB8 toys, Darth Emo something something, make a trillion dollars in marketing deals alone!!!

I think the take-away here is that the quality of a movie is inversely proportional to the number of advertisements featuring tie-ins to it. I think I'll skip the next Star Wars.
I start off in your camp, but not in conclusion.

This was the most derivative movie imaginable. New character in need of a force makeover with questionable parentage on a desert planet meets a legendary character to help her. Throw in a larger death star and a new father/son, good/evil quandary and shake.

I could have lived with that, was enjoying the new and old characters up until the lazy death scene for Solo. What I mean is that a) Han had no reason to walk into that believing he was going to walk out of it, b) while I get this was the way to make an otherwise whiny kid with impulse issues into a universally detestable villain, it was the cheapest and easiest route. I kept thinking, the three good guys can't keep one kid on the straight and narrow? Really? Didn't see it coming and let him wander off into the dark side?

The only thing I liked about the movie after the death scene was the set up for the second. Luke was always the odd character out. A whiny kid in his own right who slowly began to turn into something more substantive in the second film, only to lapse a bit (but what character didn't) in the third. The look and the moment closing out Awakens invested something necessary in his character.

I think the next movie should be much more original and interesting...unless they just make Luke into Obi-Wan and Rey into Luke II.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

that was more than one sentence

I start off in your camp, but not in conclusion.

This was the most derivative movie imaginable. New character in need of a force makeover with questionable parentage on a desert planet meets a legendary character to help her. Throw in a larger death star and a new father/son, good/evil quandary and shake.

I could have lived with that, was enjoying the new and old characters up until the lazy death scene for Solo. What I mean is that a) Han had no reason to walk into that believing he was going to walk out of it, b) while I get this was the way to make an otherwise whiny kid with impulse issues into a universally detestable villain, it was the cheapest and easiest route. I kept thinking, the three good guys can't keep one kid on the straight and narrow? Really? Didn't see it coming and let him wander off into the dark side?

The only thing I liked about the movie after the death scene was the set up for the second. Luke was always the odd character out. A whiny kid in his own right who slowly began to turn into something more substantive in the second film, only to lapse a bit (but what character didn't) in the third. The look and the moment closing out Awakens invested something necessary in his character.

I think the next movie should be much more original and interesting...unless they just make Luke into Obi-Wan and Rey into Luke II.

that was waaaaayyyyy more than one sentence

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
that was more than one sentence
"Something something Force, recycle old plot points, something BB8 toys, Darth Emo something something, make a trillion dollars in marketing deals alone!!!"

That's the review.

It's common to name the movie first. The rest was commentary and mine wasn't offered as a review so much as response to the spirit of the commentary.