Grosnick Marowbe 3

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
OK there may be a problem. What moves the view count on a thread? I just went in and out of the old thread multiple times and the view count didn't change.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:plain: I was going to but my Investment Advisor, T. Heretic Esq., has informed me that it would be a risky venture; one not capable of providing an adequate return on investment.

Sorry :idunno:
You could lose interest just thinking about it. :plain:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
chrys is really missing out. christnow just got popped big time and chrys doesn't get to see by whom and how much!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Again, your wit eludes me!!
Here goes then, to play along, though I suspect this tactic is mostly a shield.

A reminder of the wit we'd have to live without, I suppose.
That's literal and the set up for:

About as effective as a PBS fund raiser during sweeps week.
Sweeps week is when whatever media, like television, puts on its strongest line up and uses the resulting ratings to advance ad revenue contracts with advertisers.

Nothing is worse for ratings than a fund raiser. PBS is about as dry an example of that as could be imagined.

Now put them together. :plain:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Here goes then, to play along, though I suspect this tactic is mostly a shield.

That's literal and the set up for:

Sweeps week is when whatever media, like television, puts on its strongest line up and uses the resulting ratings to advance ad revenue contracts with advertisers.

Nothing is worse for ratings than a fund raiser. PBS is about as dry an example of that as could be imagined.

Now put them together. :plain:

If one is led to explain a humorous jest, the jest has been forever lost!! (circa 1897, Homer Strut Caste)

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I have bought a special dry red wine for your looming departure Grosnick. I don't like even thinking about it but I know you have your honor to uphold.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If one is led to explain a humorous jest, the jest has been forever lost!! (circa 1897, Homer Strut Caste)
I don't have to. I chose to. And now you know why I never entertained your previous entreaties on the point. :D And just because you don't know a word it doesn't follow that it isn't in the dictionary.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Such a shame this subterfuge was started. The original thread would already be over 6,000 replies and closing in on 60,000 views!