Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grosnick Marowbe 3

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
    A reminder of the wit we'd have to live without, I suppose.

    About as effective as a PBS fund raiser during sweeps week.
    Again, your wit eludes me!!

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
      Again, your wit eludes me!!
      Here goes then, to play along, though I suspect this tactic is mostly a shield.

      A reminder of the wit we'd have to live without, I suppose.
      That's literal and the set up for:

      About as effective as a PBS fund raiser during sweeps week.
      Sweeps week is when whatever media, like television, puts on its strongest line up and uses the resulting ratings to advance ad revenue contracts with advertisers.

      Nothing is worse for ratings than a fund raiser. PBS is about as dry an example of that as could be imagined.

      Now put them together.
      You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

      Pro-Life






      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
        Here goes then, to play along, though I suspect this tactic is mostly a shield.


        That's literal and the set up for:


        Sweeps week is when whatever media, like television, puts on its strongest line up and uses the resulting ratings to advance ad revenue contracts with advertisers.

        Nothing is worse for ratings than a fund raiser. PBS is about as dry an example of that as could be imagined.

        Now put them together.
        If one is led to explain a humorous jest, the jest has been forever lost!! (circa 1897, Homer Strut Caste)

        Comment


        • #94
          I have bought a special dry red wine for your looming departure Grosnick. I don't like even thinking about it but I know you have your honor to uphold.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
            If one is led to explain a humorous jest, the jest has been forever lost!! (circa 1897, Homer Strut Caste)
            I don't have to. I chose to. And now you know why I never entertained your previous entreaties on the point. And just because you don't know a word it doesn't follow that it isn't in the dictionary.
            You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

            Pro-Life






            Comment


            • #96
              Such a shame this subterfuge was started. The original thread would already be over 6,000 replies and closing in on 60,000 views!

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Eeset View Post
                I have bought a special dry red wine for your looming departure Grosnick. I don't like even thinking about it but I know you have your honor to uphold.
                You have spake words of truth...Most commendable...

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                  I don't have to. I chose to. And now you know why I never entertained your previous entreaties on the point. And just because you don't know a word it doesn't follow that it isn't in the dictionary.
                  What word be that, good gentleman????

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                    What word be that, good gentleman????
                    I'm not explaining a joke again.

                    Maybe TomO might, if you're nicer to him than you are to...nearly anyone.

                    Goodnight GM.
                    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

                    Pro-Life






                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                      You have spake words of truth...Most commendable...
                      Yes but I also suspect your pockets have holes in them. How do you plead?

                      Comment


                      • I think Grosnick has lost it!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                          I'm not explaining a joke again.

                          Maybe TomO might, if you're nicer to him than you are to...nearly anyone.

                          Goodnight GM.
                          Good evening...Without future "joke" interpretation, I'm afraid GM will not have the clarity necessary to fully understand your humor...??? Perhaps I shall have to, suffer the loss...A grievous one indeed...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Eeset View Post
                            I think Grosnick has lost it!
                            Don't concern yourself...Life will continue on planet earth!!!! In spite of the loss...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Eeset View Post
                              Yes but I also suspect your pockets have holes in them. How do you plead?
                              Have you been drinking that bottle of wine you spoke of earlier???? I would venture a guess and assume, "alcohol logic" has taken over your senses...

                              Comment


                              • Alas, per chance, the morning sun shall bring forth the most dreaded demise of GMs presents on this most highly esteemed forum...Left to face obscurity alone. Yet, joyous to have spent time with some interesting types of people, as well as some, not so interesting people...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X