A Momentary Life...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Momentary Life...

A place to make brief observations of the moments in your life that speak to you.

I don't know their names these
    birds at my window singing

some thing joyful
    Last edited by Town Heretic; May 13th, 2012, 09:42 AM.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
    I don't know their names these
    birds at my window singing
    joyful these
    comforting, familiar strangers
    Waking up to bird songs is a lovely way to start the day!
    Then coffee with a quick glance at TOL
    and check on the progress of my flowers
    Then one by one my kids call me
    talk to my sister
    Breakfast
    Tend to the needs of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by bybee View Post
      Waking up to bird songs is a lovely way to start the day!
      Then coffee with a quick glance at TOL
      and check on the progress of my flowers
      Then one by one my kids call me
      talk to my sister
      Breakfast
      Tend to the needs of the day.
      As you can see that poem of sorts has already changed again...I think I mean for the thread to be relatively short, possibly poetic observations of moments in our daily lives.

In fact, now I'm sure of it and I'll go back to the OP, all of a couple of posts ago. Thanks for helping me crystallize my aim. Rep in transit.
      You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Music.

There's something about listening to music that just makes my soul jump out of my body and dance around the room.

This morning I was listening to this, in honor of "Duck" Dunn's passing.

Comment

Playing hopscotch with my niece. Trying to get my nephew to see the airplane in the sky that he can hear. Seeing his eyes light up when he finally spots it.

Comment

Rocking out at a Styx/REO Speedwagon/Ted Nugent concert on Friday night, then feeling inspired to perform one of Styx's more inspirational songs with my wife in church this morning.

Styx - Show Me the Way
            “In many ways the evidence of our faith is found in our ability to control our tongue (or our keyboard)."
            -Adam Hamilton

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Listening to the smile on a friend's face.

Comment

With overwhelming joy,
                I barely recognise the woman I see
                reflected in the mirror

Comment

Remembering the truth about myself
                  Like a Mississippi thunderstorm
                  Is Sudden and powerful

Comment

Walking out of the sunshine into a tunnel which turned out to be long, oh so long , stretching to 8 lanes of trafffic overhead. The path in the tunnel was narrow besides the Thames and NO RAIL.

Soon it became inky black so that I could not see my hand in front of my face, it was one of a few times I have been terrified. I felt my way along the tunnel wall longing to run with all my might to get out but was so afraid I took dolly steps instead....oh it was long tunnel.

It seemed an age before a tiny pinhole of light appeared far, far ahead. As I got closer the light became larger and I was able to go faster and faster until I was giving full vent to the panic I was in and was running headlong to get out of that dreadful place.

When I emerged back into the sunshine, there was a commotion in the tall grass against the wall and I went to investigate, lo it was a blackbird fledgeling, still sticky and obviously he had come to grief against the wall on his first flight, he was too concerned preening himself to notice me but yoweech I loved him and stretched out my hand to pick him up....' course he saw me and with a shrill was off, up and away over the river.

Now God spoke to me "just as you saw all that surrounded the blackbird so God sees everything that concerns you, nothing can come into your life unless I have permitted it. the love you felt was like My love...but how would you react if your eyes were opened and you saw God as He is?"
                    One lavished upon in the Beloved
                    sigpic

Comment

Going into the workshop in the morning, with a project half finished and waiting for me on the table. The smell of the wood dust and the pleasure of thinking through the next steps of the process. The glow of the propane heater as it takes the edge off the coolness of the morning air.

A mind with hands and a purpose, would be a terrible thing to waste.
                      Last edited by PureX; May 14th, 2012, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PureX View Post
                        Going into the workshop in the morning, with a project half finished and waiting for me on the table. The smell of the wood dust and the pleasure of thinking through the next steps of the process. The glow of the propane heater as it takes the edge off the coolness of the morning air.

A mind with hands and a purpose, would be a terrible thing to waste.
                        On the eastern trellis
                        I plant morning glories
                        in honor of my grandmother.

Comment

An Evening Walk

The soft, warm sound of a late Spring Mississippi evening
                          The thick, rhythmic clunk of a walking stick on pavement
                          The sound of a little girl when she says,
                          "Daddy, you're my hero."

Comment

Still waters run deep...
                            Still water is smooth as glass,
                            Still water won't tell what the deep water knows.

Something like that? I think it something I remembered from long ago.
                            Last edited by Psalmist; May 15th, 2012, 06:14 AM.
                            sigpic

.....O LORD my God, in You I put my trust. Psalm 7:1
                            .....To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
                            Psalm 25:1

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo Buscaglia

The best portion of a person’s life -- are the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. ~ William Wordsworth

Comment

The occasional ring of aluminum
                              Making solid contact
                              Little boys playing in the grass
                              Hats and gloves and sweat and smiles
                              Coach pitch baseball at its best

Comment

Working...
                              X