Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently found that Creation Ministries International (www.creation.com) has a homschooling resource page with a lot of e-books.

The books range from how to start, the benefits of, to specific subjects.

The site is here:

http://creation.com/homeschool-corner-ebook-pdf-listing
    fidelis usque ad mortem

Comment

Hello Polly thanks for posting the homeschooling references I really appreciate it and it shows that you really care for people I guess that's why you're the only person on my friends list I haven't made many posts in a long time but I have stopped in periodically. To read some of yours can I just thank you for your commitment to Christ and to other believers thanks

Comment

First day of our homeschool co-op. We have 11 families participating; 31 students and 12 teachers. We're having a blast!
        "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

Hi Poly, I have two children ages 7 and 11 .
          I am a expat in china where both children have been raised.
          do you have any info on home schooling for there ages, there math is ok but I need resources on English for both there ages.

Blessings
          DB

Comment

Are any of you familiar with the online Khan Academy? As far as I can tell, it's the only resource a homeschooler would need for any age with 3300 educational videos.
            See http://www.khanacademy.org/#browse
            WARNING: Graphic video here.

Comment

It's funny to me. I have never imposed my beliefs on anyone. I don't refrain from speaking about my relationship with Christ, but I do not accost anyone with it.
              People in the secular world don't want those bible thumping Christians around. So for one reason or another people home school their children. They are away from the secular schools. Why are the atheist secular left wing fascist coming into chats like this. I think that secretly they are afraid. They don't want to give up there self involved secular life but secretly are worried that they have made a bad decision. They need support in what they chose is correct. Just baffles me. God Bless them.

Posted from the TOL App!

Comment

Resources for Homeschoolers

If you are using "answers in genesis" as a resource for homeschooling than you should seriously rethink public schools. those ppl are not Christians. They are kooks. Up there with The koolaid guys.

Comment

Originally posted by gregory1971 View Post
                  It's funny to me. I have never imposed my beliefs on anyone. I don't refrain from speaking about my relationship with Christ, but I do not accost anyone with it.
                  People in the secular world don't want those bible thumping Christians around. So for one reason or another people home school their children. They are away from the secular schools. Why are the atheist secular left wing fascist coming into chats like this. I think that secretly they are afraid. They don't want to give up there self involved secular life but secretly are worried that they have made a bad decision. They need support in what they chose is correct. Just baffles me. God Bless them.

Posted from the TOL App!

Why so angry!?

Comment

Originally posted by Miylee View Post
                    If you are using "answers in genesis" as a resource for homeschooling than you should seriously rethink public schools. those ppl are not Christians. They are kooks. Up there with The koolaid guys.
                    Just call me kooky!

Comment

The Pillar Foundation, on Clayton Rd. in St. Louis Mo. was set up to be a resource for home schooled children and parents.

Comment

My new favorite Homeschool curriculum is the online Parent-free curriculum at www.RPcurriculum.com
                        WARNING: Graphic video here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson View Post
                          My new favorite Homeschool curriculum is the online Parent-free curriculum at www.RPcurriculum.com
                          That was a long time ago. I'm homeschooled, and I was going to look into this. But it appears to be defunct.

Comment

So are there other sites like Khan academy out there?

Shouldn't there be one run by good Christians?

Comment

WonderClub.com looks like a great website. I was homeschooled. Thanks for the links.

Comment

K12.com

https://www.k12.com/

"We are educators. We are teachers and administrators, moms and dads, students and former students from all over the U.S. We all have one common belief that every child is uniquely brilliant and deserves a high-quality, personalized education.
                                We're excited to be celebrating over 1 million students who have chosen public school at home with K12!

Comment

Working...
                                X