Display.exe: Posted to document the date of my invention

elohiym

After thinking about the program Display.exe, I think I just might have had an epiphany as to what this program is. I'll keep it quiet until Bob explains further.

Why keep quiet? If you think you understand it, please share.

fool

Hall of Fame
fool's take;
Bob has an Evolve exe. program that generates random letter combinations in an attempt to get the entire english alphabet in correct order in one roll of the dice.
It was like a screen saver that you could download and it kept track of the number of attempts and relayed that info back to wherever and Bob knew how many total attempts had been made and if I recall correctly there was a prize if you computer was the one that got the whole alphabet in order in one try.

So, based on what GO has revealed I would guess that Bob posits that his program will eventually write everything that could be written so in that sense it will "display" every page of everything in every way.

This concept is not new.

genuineoriginal

fool's take;
Bob has an Evolve exe. program that generates random letter combinations in an attempt to get the entire english alphabet in correct order in one roll of the dice.
It was like a screen saver that you could download and it kept track of the number of attempts and relayed that info back to wherever and Bob knew how many total attempts had been made and if I recall correctly there was a prize if you computer was the one that got the whole alphabet in order in one try.

So, based on what GO has revealed I would guess that Bob posits that his program will eventually write everything that could be written so in that sense it will "display" every page of everything in every way.
Sounds like you are trying to make Mr. Radish peeved and frustrated.
:rotfl:
This concept is not new.
Bob did say it was written in 2001.
:angel:

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
fool's take;

This concept is not new.

I thought about the Evolve program too. However, it doesn't explain Feature #3:

Software Feature #3: 12-7-09 My program also displays published texts, translated into other languages.

Evolve only dealt with the English language and not for example Hebrew or Sanskrit.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
CM and GO: You know we could just run display.exe and see what your answer is going to be, right? :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The evolution and open view overtones are also very obvious.

GodsfreeWill

Gold Subscriber
Bob is busy, and as his General Manager, I'm privy to the details behind Display.exe. I thought everyone would appreciate an update. It seems interest has been lost because of false premises. As far as I know and can tell, this program has nothing to do with Open Theism or proving Open Theism. On it's face, it appears to lend some type of support to Calvinism actually. Nonetheless, Display.exe was not created for the "God's knowledge" debate.

AMR - This is not "shenanigans and attention seeking." It's real and somewhat horrifying at that.

MrRadish - This is no riddle.

AMR - This is not a "GUI front-end for internet search engines." How about another feature? Display.exe does not need to be connected to the internet to work.

MrRadish - It will NOT "end up being a pound-shop stand-in for a real argument as to why his own Open Theist views are correct." There's plenty of arguments that show that already, why make another one?

genuineoriginal - You're correct, Display.exe DOES work exactly as Bob has described. As to the Infinite Monkey Theorem, which is assuredly false, Display.exe has nothing to do with infinity but mere finite concepts that are easy enough for a child to understand. Infinity makes my head spin, Display.exe does not.

Stripe - That's not the case, and when Bob reveals the code behind Display.exe, you will have no desire to try to prove him wrong. I predict you'll be horrified at what the program can do!

elohiym - Display.exe is an actual program written by Bob.

fool - The concept you mention is not new. Display.exe on the other hand is new and with all the research I've done, has truly been invented by Bob Enyart.

Stripe - Good point!

Nick M - There's no evolution overtones.

New Feature: It will display the text on scrolls.

genuineoriginal

genuineoriginal - You're correct, Display.exe DOES work exactly as Bob has described. As to the Infinite Monkey Theorem, which is assuredly false, Display.exe has nothing to do with infinity but mere finite concepts that are easy enough for a child to understand. Infinity makes my head spin, Display.exe does not.
Well, if it is not based on the Infinite Monkey Theorem, then I don't know how it works.