ARCHIVE: Hello. (funniest "hello" thread ever!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fnord5

Clete said:
Now that is just amazing.

Now I really feel like I wasted my time with this nut who thinks that every law on the books was rewritten when we declared independence from England, that sodomy laws never had anything to do with homosexuals, and that a 1967 act of Congress repealed laws which did not exist and who claims victory because I have been unable to find a specific reference to a 250+ year old enactment of a specific law as though such a specific law would be relevant to the debate in the first place.

Wow! Well, if it wasn't substantive, it was at least mildly entertaining. I never saw someone claim to have majored in logic before. :chuckle:

Resting in Him,
Clete
I never claimed victory. I claim that the discussion cannot continue along your line of thought without proof backing it up.

And, if you wish to judge me based on a screen name, on that has been in every screen name I have ever had, dating back to 1994, go ahead, you just show your ignorance. :loser:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
George_Berry said:
and to think Fnord has been made a moderator on my home forum :p
Oh .. well ... perhaps he will soon be one of the IncapableAdmins on here too ...

Pharisees

George_Berry said:
Im sorry if this steps on too many toes, being only my second post and all, but that is the most retarded statement I have read in a while.

God made man in his own image.

Man is the cause for much suffering and misery.

If the things of God, and God himself were perfect, then there would be no suffering.

And also, if God is perfect, then why did he have to resort to plagues?

Although your argument may or may not be solid, that point there is just rediculous, and simply illogical.

Clete was quoting Plato in that post, someone your boy referred to as being an atheist. Those were not thoughts of Clete. Welcome to TOL and try to keep up.

George_Berry

BANNED
Banned
Pharisees said:
Clete was quoting Plato in that post, someone your boy referred to as being an atheist. Those were not thoughts of Clete. Welcome to TOL and try to keep up.

Oh, you got me there. Oh well. Better luck next time I guess.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
George_Berry said:
Im sorry if this steps on too many toes, being only my second post and all, but that is the most retarded statement I have read in a while.

God made man in his own image.

Man is the cause for much suffering and misery.

If the things of God, and God himself were perfect, then there would be no suffering.

And also, if God is perfect, then why did he have to resort to plagues?

Although your argument may or may not be solid, that point there is just rediculous, and simply illogical.
As Pharisees just pointed out these were not my thoughts but those of Plato. The only reason I quoted them was because Fnord said that Plato was an atheist, which he most definitely was not.

Having said that, however, I would say that you should be credited for some very good thinking! Most people think that Plato's Republic (from which the quote came) is some of the greatest thinking ever conceived within a human mind. I agree with you that Plato, while clearly brilliant, was entirely wrong with this line of thinking. The idea that the perfect can only change for the worse would only apply to inanimate objects and that's assuming that an inanimate object can be perfect in the first place.

The worst part about this terrible line of thinking is that it is the very line of thinking that was introduced into the Christian faith by Augustine and has wrongfully influenced Christian theology ever since. Basically speaking, if you believe that God is immutable and/or that because He is immutable that the future is therefore set in place, this bit of Aristotelian philosophy presented by Plato is the reason why.

Resting in Him,
Clete

George_Berry

BANNED
Banned
thankyou, its only my first day but I quite like it here. There are some very interesting (and outlandish) points of view here, and I hope it to be a learning experience, even if I have to be put down a peg or two every now and then.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Fnord5 said:
Here is the part you are missing completely, one is ILLEGAL, the other has no legal position, one way or the other. They cannot be compared, end of story.
Wow.... what more can one say that you haven't said already? :chuckle:

Let me paraphrase your argument.....

Fnord5: I think homosexual marriage should be made legal, because EVERYONE should have the same rights.

Knight: There are other groups that also want legalized marriage, should they be legalized as well?

Fnord5: No.

Knight: Why?

Fnord5: Because those things are not legal.

:rotfl:

Dude, you really are a class-A knuckle-head.

Minerva

Knight said:
Wow.... what more can one say that you haven't said already? :chuckle:

Let me paraphrase your argument.....

Fnord5: I think homosexual marriage should be made legal, because EVERYONE should have the same rights.

Knight: There are other groups that also want legalized marriage, should they be legalized as well?

Fnord5: No.

Knight: Why?

Fnord5: Because those things are not legal.

:rotfl:

Dude, you really are a class-A knuckle-head.

Hey, but it's people like this that help make TOL exciting!

Ponk

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
No doubt. Without idiots, TOL would be rather boring. Looks like we have a exciting future ahead!

Should have always been exciting, with you as the admin. Ignorance won't get you far in life my friend.

Minerva

Seems like maybe Fnord called over a few friends to help save him from the slaughterhouse......if that's the case...they aren't doing a very good job..

Minerva

Oh, I see...they came from "link edited out" and it looks like they are about the only ones on the site, LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.