Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Lon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Lon, this is my thread and I control it.

    Please don't try to change the subject I am talking about.

    I will not take your bait to dismiss the point I am making.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Lon View Post
      Meshak, can you share any scriptures with me that answer any of these questions? Some of them even?

      Please and thank you.
      Lon, you like to call people heretics because you learned that from your father Calvin. He must have learned it from his fathers of the Catholic church. Don't you know your original fathers in the Catholic church think that you are a heretic? Oh you don't care what your fathers think of you? So you think I care if you call me a heretic? You are so lost.
      Oh how I love the Word of God!

      Do not just read the word do it.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by meshak View Post
        Lon, this is my thread and I control it.

        Please don't try to change the subject I am talking about.

        I will not take your bait to dismiss the point I am making.
        I was afraid of that. There is no bait.

        Let's leave it in your court: What must I do to be saved?
        My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
        Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
        Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
        Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
        No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
        Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

        ? Yep

        Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

        ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

        Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
          Lon, you like to call people heretics because you learned that from your father Calvin. He must have learned it from his fathers of the Catholic church. Don't you know your original fathers in the Catholic church think that you are a heretic? Oh you don't care what your fathers think of you? So you think I care if you call me a heretic? You are so lost.
          Please reread what I wrote:
          Originally posted by Lon View Post
          ...can you share any scriptures with me that answer any of these questions? Some of them even?

          Please and thank you.
          Is ANY of that confrontational? If you were trying to share something with a new believer and they asked such questions, would you answer them? Could you answer them?


          I have you both on ignore all the time. How could I possibly call either of you heretics? When would I have done that?

          By reminder, conversation doesn't go anywhere with either of you, so I chose a long time ago simply to not fight with either of you.

          Please read the thread. Have I don't anything offensive? Been impolite? Asked anything very difficult? Stated anything that disagreed with you???
          My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
          Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
          Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
          Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
          No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
          Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

          ? Yep

          Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

          ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

          Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Lon View Post
            I was afraid of that. There is no bait.

            Let's leave it in your court: What must I do to be saved?
            That is ok too.

            So what does Jesus say condition of salvation?

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Lon View Post
              I was afraid of that. There is no bait.

              Let's leave it in your court: What must I do to be saved?
              How do you say you know God if you do not obey?

              1 John 2:4 Whoever says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.
              Oh how I love the Word of God!

              Do not just read the word do it.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Lon View Post
                Please reread what I wrote:
                Is ANY of that confrontational? If you were trying to share something with a new believer and they asked such questions, would you answer them? Could you answer them?
                Do you have dementia? You do not remember calling me a heretic?

                Answer my posts to you. If you want scripture to something I believe, just ask.
                Oh how I love the Word of God!

                Do not just read the word do it.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by meshak View Post
                  That is ok too.

                  So what does Jesus say condition of salvation?
                  I hope you can get him to answer. Maybe he will obey Jesus and repent for his false beliefs.
                  Oh how I love the Word of God!

                  Do not just read the word do it.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
                    I hope you can get him to answer. Maybe he will obey Jesus and repent for his false beliefs.
                    I am trying.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by meshak View Post
                      That is ok too.

                      So what does Jesus say condition of salvation?
                      John 3:3,5-10

                      Is this an okay passage for this discussion?
                      My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                      Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                      Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                      Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                      No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                      Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

                      ? Yep

                      Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

                      ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

                      Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Lon View Post
                        John 3:3,5-10

                        Is this an okay passage for this discussion?
                        This is one of them so it is fine.

                        John 3:3 (NKJV)

                        3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”


                        So it does not say you have to believe in the trinity to be saved, does it?

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
                          Do you have dementia?
                          Maybe

                          Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
                          You do not remember calling me a heretic?
                          Can you find it?

                          Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
                          Answer my posts to you. If you want scripture to something I believe, just ask.
                          A 'would you?' or 'please' would have been nice? Why the condescending? When is the last time I've talked to you?

                          Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
                          Lon, you like to call people heretics because you learned that from your father Calvin. He must have learned it from his fathers of the Catholic church. Don't you know your original fathers in the Catholic church think that you are a heretic? Oh you don't care what your fathers think of you? So you think I care if you call me a heretic? You are so lost.
                          From what I've read, Protestants by and large are called "brothers in error," if they are largely orthodox so if you have something that says I am a heretic, I'd have to see it. I've not seen it to date. -Lon
                          My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                          Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                          Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                          Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                          No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                          Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

                          ? Yep

                          Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

                          ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

                          Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by meshak View Post
                            This is one of them so it is fine.

                            John 3:3 (NKJV)

                            3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”


                            So it does not say you have to believe in the trinity to be saved, does it?
                            No. It doesn't say that here.
                            My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                            Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                            Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                            Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                            No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                            Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

                            ? Yep

                            Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

                            ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

                            Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Lon View Post
                              No. It doesn't say that here.
                              Can you find Jesus' word saying you have to believe in the trinity to be saved?

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by meshak View Post
                                Can you find Jesus' word saying you have to believe in the trinity to be saved?
                                Not the word 'trinity' but Jesus does say you have to believe something about him in John 8.
                                My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
                                Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
                                Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
                                Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
                                No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
                                Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

                                ? Yep

                                Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

                                ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

                                Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X