Wickwoman's Dodge of the Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
If God is as described in the Bible and Christians are in heaven for all eternity?

No, absolutely not. I would not want to spend an eternity in such an afterlife.
Thanks to both you and allsmiles for helping to validate my point. :up:

wickwoman

Turbo said:
You could save us the time by posting a yet another one here, or by setting us straight.

How about you quote the supposed post from this thread you are referring to. That would be helpful.

Turbo said:
Clarify your answers if you wish, but please begin each answer with Yes or no or I don't know, please:
Does God exist?
Is Jesus God?
Are you God?
Did Jesus live a righteous and sinless life?
Have you lived a righteous and sinless life?
Did Jesus die to pay the penalty for your sins?
Was Jesus resurrected from the dead?
Are you saved by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ's resurrection?

Hmmmm. This little list looks familiar. :think: But, it's not at all relevant to my original post to you. So if you'd like the chance to earn your way out of Dodge of the Day then how about answering my original post to you. Addressing the points one by one. Then we could make some progress. And I will consider your list.

fool

Hall of Fame
Hey Wickwoman:
I see ya got the robots' attention, hope ya don't mind if I reask a question he ignored from the other thread.

Turbo said:
Who's to say that those who are murdered at infancy wouldn't likewise blame and resent God for their untimely deaths?

How would they know?
Would God tell them how they died?
Does God sit down with every soul and say something like "You were a fertilized egg that didn't implant itself in a uterus in time."
Or,
"You were fertilized in a petri dish and then frozen in liquid nitrogen and died from freezer burn"
How does He "mature" them?
Does he raise them personally?
Does he go to their ball games, and recitals, and camp outs?
Do they get to ask questions, and more questions, and more questions?
Do they get straight answers, or riddles?
How succesful is Yaweh at raising children?
You mentioned three famous failures.
What's Gods average for saving souls that he raised his own personal self?
When do you want to get together and pass off them disks?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
wickwoman said:
How about you quote the supposed post from this thread you are referring to. That would be helpful.
Actually I wasn't referring to a post from this thread. I was referring to many among your 5000+ posts throughout TOL's forums.

But now that you mention it, the opening post does qualify. Christians aren't unsure of God's existence.

Hmmmm. This little list looks familiar. :think: But, it's not at all relevant to my original post to you. So if you'd like the chance to earn your way out of Dodge of the Day then how about answering my original post to you. Addressing the points one by one. Then we could make some progress. And I will consider your list.
So if I respond substantively to your post, you will post straight answers to my questions?

wickwoman

Yes, Turbo, if you actually ANSWER my post from the other thread, I'd be happy to respond to your list.

And, as I asked OF, if you would like to post an example of this behavior of rejecting Christ from my 5,000 TOL posts, you may do so here. I'd be happy to discuss it with you.

wickwoman

fool said:
Hey Wickwoman:
I see ya got the robots' attention, hope ya don't mind if I reask a question he ignored from the other thread.

How would they know?
Would God tell them how they died?
Does God sit down with every soul and say something like "You were a fertilized egg that didn't implant itself in a uterus in time."
Or,
"You were fertilized in a petri dish and then frozen in liquid nitrogen and died from freezer burn"
How does He "mature" them?
Does he raise them personally?
Does he go to their ball games, and recitals, and camp outs?
Do they get to ask questions, and more questions, and more questions?
Do they get straight answers, or riddles?
How succesful is Yaweh at raising children?
You mentioned three famous failures.
What's Gods average for saving souls that he raised his own personal self?
When do you want to get together and pass off them disks?

:first: You gotta love it!

We need a bulldog smiley named fool.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

wickwoman

Here's my reply to the post Turbo linked to above:

Turbo said:
Based on the blasphemous things that Dave Miller routinely posts, I give him the benefit of the doubt and regard him as false Christian.

Wow! That's arrogant!

Turbo said:
Christians don't have to die in order to enjoy love and fellowship with God or each other. And no, it's not just like your ungodly friendships. Having experienced both I can tell you that it is altogether different.

I don't doubt you enjoy your life, Turbo. I enjoy mine as well. But I'm just being presumptuous I guess when I guess that you might want to be a better person - loving, kind? Kinda like the description in 1 Corinthians 13? Or am I wrong here? This is the point I was making. I've seen no evidence that the God you worship is capable of making you a better person. And, see I can be arrogant and mean all by myself. I don't need your God for that.

Turbo said:
By the way, I remember reading some time ago that you don't believe in sin, but your desire to be a better person is a tacit admission that you are in fact a sinner and that even according to your own standard of righteousness, you don't measure up.

No, it's actually just a desire to be a good person. Which all of us have. Only you have to make yourself into this lowly unacceptable worm that Jesus had to die to save. And I just see myself as a normal human being with faults who can be improved. But, all in all, I'm happy with myself and my life and I feel quite fullfilled. And you can tell yourself I feel all empty inside if that somehow gives you some satisfaction. But you're not being honest if you do. Because it's a lie.

Turbo said:
If Knight had followed the Wickwoman Handbook for How to Be a Good Christian, lovemeorhateme would still be a lost homosexual. And you may think that would be a good thing, but I know that it would not.

Uh, actually LMOHM had to be first damned to Hell in order to be saved. So Knight created the very condition from which he supposedly "saved" LMOHM. So excuse me if I don't give Knight a big pat on the back for saving LMOHM from an imaginary scenario. As far as I'm concerned, LMOHM was a human being worthy of respect and dignity then as well as now. I didn't have to drag him through the mud first, that's the difference.

Turbo said:
It's both. Some people reject God based on false teachings about Him, and some people reject God based on who He really is. (And often it's a combination of both.)

What you should say here is people reject who YOU think God is. And who YOU think the Bible says he is. But as to who he ACTUALLY IS, neither of us knows for sure. I'm just being more honest than you are.

Turbo said:
You want nothing to do with my God.
My God is the true God.
Therefore, you want nothing to do with the true God.​

Now, I don't expect you to agree that the second premise is true. But I know that it is true. Do you agree that if my second premise is in fact true, that my conclusion is true as well?

That's exactly my point. If you and the Cletes of the world are demonstrative of the God that you serve, then certainly I would want nothing to do with him. And don't flatter yourself, Turbo, it's not cuz you such a terrific truth smacker. It's because generally you are rude, arrogant and mean. And I don't want to spend eternity with a rude, arrogant and mean God. So either you've misrepresented your God with your very poor behavior or your God is a monster and certainly nobody would want to spend eternity with him. And you can continue to make yourself feel better by telling yourself that it's just because I don't want to know the truth. But what you know deep inside is that you've failed miserably and have really been an awful example of what God's love can do for a person.

Turbo said:
That's a low blow, lumping Lovejoy in with Dave Miller. Maybe you don't know Lovejoy as well as you think. ;)

I don't think Lovejoy would call Dave a false Christian, but I could be wrong. I only know Lovejoy is kind and a peacemaker. And the Bible says he is blessed and I agree.

wickwoman

Clarify your answers if you wish, but please begin each answer with Yes or no or I don't know, please:

Does God exist?
I don't know. I would like to think that he does. But, that is hope and not actual personal knowledge of his existence.

Is Jesus God?
I would like to believe Jesus existed. But the evidence is scanty, at best. As to whether he was/is God, the evidence is even scantier, so I'd have to say I don't know.

Are you God?
If I am, I am not aware of it at present. Do you have some info that I am that you want to share? ;)

Did Jesus live a righteous and sinless life?
It would be difficult for me to answer in light of my answer above that I don't know if he even for sure existed. I would like to think that he lived a perfect life. I am a big fan of Jesus.

Have you lived a righteous and sinless life?
I'm not a fan of the word sin since the terminology belongs to a religion of separation and degredation. But, I will say I am not perfect and that I make mistakes.

Did Jesus die to pay the penalty for your sins?
I don't know if he lived so I can't be sure he died. Also, I'd like to think that God would not require the blood of one for another. That would make him quite human and not so Godlike. But I have no evidence either way.

Was Jesus resurrected from the dead?
I don't know. I suspect it is embelishment on the part of the Christians but I don't know for sure.

Are you saved by grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ's resurrection?
If Grace - unmerited favor - exists, then I am surely saved by it because I have to do nothing to earn it. And that means NOTHING.

JoyfulRook

wickwoman said:
Wickwoman’s Comments:

Interesting phrasing. "Spend eternity with Clete worshipping his God . . . spend eternity with God and all us Christians. . . "

Does that include, Dave Miller, Chileice. If so, I'd say yes I'd enjoy an eternity with that kind of Christian. With the Clete's and the Turbo's? I think not.
Granite said:
If God is as described in the Bible and Christians are in heaven for all eternity?

No, absolutely not. I would not want to spend an eternity in such an afterlife.
Then your on the right track.
Keep doing what you're doing and you won't have to spend a day in heaven. You seem to hate God and Christianity. You'll end up exactly where you want to.

journeyman

Charity said:

Charity,

Just as Jesus wept over the city of Jerusalem and its unrepentant heart and also for the way in which the religious authorities misrepresented God to them, I also cry and weep with you.

Peace. The Journeyman. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
2ephesians8 said:
Once again wickwoman displays her arrogance, or perhaps willfull ignorance.
Just another dodge in order to justify her "itching ears."

2Timothy 4:3-4 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

wickwoman

2ephesians8 said:
Once again wickwoman displays her arrogance, or perhaps willfull ignorance.

Which part was arrogant? The part where I said I would like to believe that Jesus existed? Or the part where I said there was scanty evidence?

Explain why it is arrogant and what your definition of arrogant is. And, since you eluded to some past behaviors when you said "once again," feel free to post them here.

Did you also read the part of that very same post you criticized that said "I am not perfect?" Do you consider that also arrogant?

Last edited:

wickwoman

Frank Ernest said:
Just another dodge in order to justify her "itching ears."

2Timothy 4:3-4 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

Truly, Frank "It's no use to seek truth, just let false views cease.* " This is what I am doing.

*Seng Ts'an

wickwoman

shilohproject said:
What brings you to this conclusion, particularly given the comments in the post 5 before this?

Perhaps it was a tremendous leap with eyes closed very tightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.