Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

possibilities

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by The Edge
    I would hardly call my fight with EM a "difficulty." Believe me, I'm here to stay. I did not mean to say that our differences in theology would cause me to have difficulty. But it seems as though the rep system has become tied in with whether you like Enyart or not, unless you are Nori. Nori has it spot on I think. I should try to be like her. But I won't be afraid to speak my mind though, consistant with the Scriptures, of course
    I don't think anyone knows anything about your theological views. Have you stated them before?

    Theological debates are not what you are known for.

    Comment


    • #17
      What are you trying to figure out, The Edge?

      Of course it can be done.
      Last edited by ShadowMaid; May 29th, 2005, 11:53 PM.
      "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
      -J. R. R. Tolkien

      Comment


      • #18
        yes, mr 5020. i had a cool discussion with logos x about universalism. i am not a universalist.

        I don't care what i'm known for.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by The Edge
          I do not know what a closed view theist is.
          one who is not a open theist. in other words, one who believes in a future that is already determined and is unchanging, which we call closed.
          There is no neutral ground in the universe: every square inch, every split second, is claimed by God and counterclaimed by Satan.

          C.S. Lewis

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by The Edge
            I would hardly call my fight with EM a "difficulty." Believe me, I'm here to stay. I did not mean to say that our differences in theology would cause me to have difficulty. But it seems as though the rep system has become tied in with whether you like Enyart or not, unless you are Nori. Nori has it spot on I think. I should try to be like her. But I won't be afraid to speak my mind though, consistant with the Scriptures, of course
            The Edge, I am doing pretty well in the Reputation points area (not that it really matters...it's all in fun) and I am a 5 Point Calvinist. In terms of Bob Enyart, I really don't know him. I haven't read any of his books and I've never really talked with him. Given your theory about the rep system, how do you explain what I've pointed out?

            Besides myself, there are many others who are high in reputation points whose theological beliefs are not completely the same as Bob Enyarts'.

            It's one thing to not agree with a person's theological beliefs but quite another to insult a person who has theological beliefs which you do not agree with. Whether you will admit it or not, you have insulted Bob Enyart and many other Christians on here who care for him and who also happen to agree with a lot of things which Bob has preached on. This is the reason why you find yourself with low reputation points.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by The Edge
              I would hardly call my fight with EM a "difficulty." Believe me, I'm here to stay. I did not mean to say that our differences in theology would cause me to have difficulty. But it seems as though the rep system has become tied in with whether you like Enyart or not, unless you are Nori. Nori has it spot on I think. I should try to be like her. But I won't be afraid to speak my mind though, consistant with the Scriptures, of course
              Well, thank you for the compliment. All I can tell you is that I'm honest with people, no matter what. I would rather hurt someone with the truth than to damage my integrity with any kind of lie. I think that's one reason Knight made me a moderator here.

              I'm probably pretty far, as far as beliefs go, from most of the open theists here. I'm pentecostal. I believe that healings and gifts of the Spirit are still going on today. If I've read them correctly, open theists believe that sign gifts ceased in the New Testament. I have read The Plot. I agree with parts of it and don't agree with other parts. I believe in free will. But, I also believe that some things are pre-destined.

              As for my recommendations on The Plot, I think it is a good book if you have a hard time understanding the Bible. But, if you don't have a hard time understanding the Bible, IMHO, you will be disappointed by what you get from The Plot.
              They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

              Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter


              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ebenz47037
                I'm probably pretty far, as far as beliefs go, from most of the open theists here. I'm pentecostal. I believe that healings and gifts of the Spirit are still going on today. If I've read them correctly, open theists believe that sign gifts ceased in the New Testament. I have read The Plot. I agree with parts of it and don't agree with other parts. I believe in free will. But, I also believe that some things are pre-destined.
                Bob believes that some things are predestined, as well. So do I. So do all the open theists I know.

                And it is Acts 9 Dispensationalists, not open theists, who believe the sign gifts have either ceased, or are not as rampant as some believe. A person can be both an OVer, and an Acts 9er. Bob is both. So am I.

                I fall into the category of those who think the gifts do still exist, but are not as rampant, or necessary today, as they were right after Christ's ascension. But they will become necessary again, in the Tribulation. All Acts 9ers believe that last part, as far as I know.

                And, fyi, the most focused on sign gift started in the New Testament, as well.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by ebenz47037
                  .... I believe in free will. But, I also believe that some things are pre-destined.
                  So do you believe that some things are not predestined?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Lighthouse
                    Bob believes that some things are predestined, as well. So do I. So do all the open theists I know.

                    And it is Acts 9 Dispensationalists, not open theists, who believe the sign gifts have either ceased, or are not as rampant as some believe. A person can be both an OVer, and an Acts 9er. Bob is both. So am I.

                    I fall into the category of those who think the gifts do still exist, but are not as rampant, or necessary today, as they were right after Christ's ascension. But they will become necessary again, in the Tribulation. All Acts 9ers believe that last part, as far as I know.

                    And, fyi, the most focused on sign gift started in the New Testament, as well.
                    I pretty much agree with you, Lighthouse. My problem is that I know a lot of calvinist/closed viewers who believe that the future is already completely written, both good and bad. I also know some open viewers who believe that the future is completely unwritten except for what it says in the New Testament about the end days.
                    They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

                    Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by deardelmar
                      So do you believe that some things are not predestined?
                      Things like murders, rapes, and child molestations happen because of men choosing to do them.

                      As to natural disasters (earthquakes, volcanos, floods, famines, etc), we live on a volatile planet; especially since the flood.

                      I don't believe that God causes all things (good and bad) to happen, but that He will use them to strengthen/test us.

                      I lean more toward predestination than open theism, though. I do believe that with some people, God has written more of their future than with everyone else. I don't believe that about everyone though. I also believe that we have to choose to follow Him. I don't know if I believe that only so many are His elect and the rest are going to hell.
                      Last edited by ebenz47037; May 30th, 2005, 05:26 AM.
                      They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

                      Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by ebenz47037
                        Things like murders, rapes, and child molestations happen because of men choosing to do them.

                        As to natural disasters (earthquakes, volcanos, floods, famines, etc), we live on a volatile planet; especially since the flood.

                        I don't believe that God cause all things (good and bad) to happen, but that He will use them to strengthen/test us.
                        Ok here's a quick test to see if you believe the future is open. to an extent. Do you think God know's, right now, who will win the 2017 world series?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by deardelmar
                          Ok here's a quick test to see if you believe the future is open. to an extent. Do you think God know's, right now, who will win the 2017 world series?
                          I don't know if He knows or is interested in the 2017 world series. Honestly, that's something that I lean toward saying no, but I don't know if God knows that or not.
                          They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

                          Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter


                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Let me put it this way. I'm open to the idea that the future is open. But, I don't know. God's ways are not our own. The ways of God are a mystery to man. Because He loved me enough to accept me as I am, broken and dirty, I accept Him as He is even without knowing all about Him.
                            They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

                            Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter


                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ebenz47037
                              Let me put it this way. I'm open to the idea that the future is open. But, I don't know. God's ways are not our own. The ways of God are a mystery to man. Because He loved me enough to accept me as I am, broken and dirty, I accept Him as He is even without knowing all about Him.
                              Sure!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Nori-
                                Do you believe the Bible could point to the truth on the matter? And, if it does, would you accept it?
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X