Romance with small kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I'm just wondering, those of you with small children under the age of 5, especially when there's 2-3 of those little troublemakers -- er I mean blessings :D -- running around, how often do you get to have someone watch them and get a nice romantic evening or date with your spouse? What's a good frequency for doing that? Do you have any creative ways to get a romantic evening without getting a babysitter? We don't have lots of connections on the Air Force base yet.

ShadowMaid

Normally I watch the kids when Dad and Alisa want to go out. I'm a built in babysitter. :D I'm learning not to mind so much as when I was younger, and we have a great time. :) I think kids are absolutely the best thing ever!

I love to babysit for other people when I can also. If you know of someone you trust to watch your kids once and a while, you can get out with your wife.

But here's a suggestion, why not go with your kids as well? To the beach or park and have a picnic. It's wonderful to spend time with your children and watch and help them learn. And you and your wife would share much joy observing and talking with them. :)

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Yes, shadowmaid, I wish I had an older one who could do what you do. But we don't yet. The oldest is not even 4. I'm going to have to wait a while till he can do that.

We go everywhere together as a family. But once in a while we need some adult time, alone. You can't have that with the kids in your presence. But we do lots of things for fun as a family. It gets tiring though, and it's good for the marriage to have romance.

PS>>>> Want to move to Arizona and hook us up??? :D

ShadowMaid

The Edge said:
Yes, shadowmaid, I wish I had an older one who could do what you do. But we don't yet. The oldest is not even 4. I'm going to have to wait a while till he can do that.

We go everywhere together as a family. But once in a while we need some adult time, alone. You can't have that with the kids in your presence. But we do lots of things for fun as a family. It gets tiring though, and it's good for the marriage to have romance.

PS>>>> Want to move to Arizona and hook us up??? :D

Okay, yeah. I see what you mean. It's good that your family has such a tight relationship. :)

The only advice that I can give you (though I'm sure my advice doesn't amount to much! :chuckle: ), is to try and find a babysitter for just now and then. Maybe your friends know of someone.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I saw the title of this thread I was really freaking out! I thought maybe you had really gone off the deep end. :freak:

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Poly said:
When I saw the title of this thread I was really freaking out! I thought maybe you had really gone off the deep end. :freak:

Me too! I thought, "Oh great! First 80's music and now this!"

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Poly said:

:chuckle: Believe it or not, I thought he was posting an article he found somewhere on the net.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
ebenz47037 said:
:chuckle: Believe it or not, I thought he was posting an article he found somewhere on the net.
I do have an article that I found, stored in my computer. It is pretty good.

Chileice

The Edge said:
I'm just wondering, those of you with small children under the age of 5, especially when there's 2-3 of those little troublemakers -- er I mean blessings :D -- running around, how often do you get to have someone watch them and get a nice romantic evening or date with your spouse? What's a good frequency for doing that? Do you have any creative ways to get a romantic evening without getting a babysitter? We don't have lots of connections on the Air Force base yet.

My wife and I have been dating for 22 years now and we kept dating right through the little kid stage. It isn't always easy, but we tried to find a baby-sitter at least once a month and usually twice. Found a great young girl at church (who now has a family of her own... how time flies.) Anyway, at first we would make sure the kids were down before we left. Then little by little got more adventurous. We also did some fun things at home after the kids were down. Just takes some creative planning and sometimes a good nap. On a few of our dates we just sat and yawned at each other because it was such a relief that we just wanted to fall asleep!!

Hope you find some good solutions. Your kids will be glad you left them (some day anyway). Kids like parents who like each other.

SOTK

The Edge said:

When you have little ones, I don't think there is anyway to have a date night with your spouse (good quality time) without getting a baby sitter. I am lucky to have lots of family where I live. When we plan a date night, we often try to get our family to take the kids. It's even better when they take the kids over night! :D

When you have 2-3 little ones, I think it's important to have date nights at least twice a month if you can manage it. Moms and dads are definitely better moms and dads when they have "nights off". :) Besides this, it makes for a healthy relationship.

You may want to check with your church. Our church has "Date Nights" where people volunteer to watch the kids at church so parents can go out. The church does fun things with the kids (games and stuff). :thumb:

Redfin

Poly said:

LOL! me too. I thought, "Oh no, not a Michael Jackson thread!" :noway:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
As far as I'm concerned, the only good thing to come from Michael Jackson is the Thriller album.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nothing good ever came out of Michael Jackson

He's the only person in history to start as a poor black boy and grow into a rich white woman.

SOTK

Wamba the Fool said:

He's the only person in history to start as a poor black boy and grow into a rich white woman.

:darwinsm:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Yeah, now that I think about it, that thread title is kind of scary given what's going on with Michael Jackson these days. I apologize for the confusion.

Emo

Wamba the Fool said:

:crackup:

Status
Not open for further replies.