The Terri Case - this is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbrumley

Edge, no apology is forthcoming. Until you wake your a** up and pay attention, you have no leg to stand on. You know Edge, when you die, I'm going to court and tell the court you said I can have your house. Ricidiolous isnt it? That the evidence the COURT accepted. So this should be public cause the rules being applied in this case have alot to do with every American. Face it.

Crow

BTW, I'm living in Ohio. A living will in Ohio, and advance directives only are applicable if one is certified by a physican to have a condition which is terminal. Advanced cancer. Advanced heart disease. A living will was not intended to allow people to be denied treatment unless they were terminally ill. Terri is not.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
I been watching Fox News tonight.... just to get a little insight. Fascinating case actually....all the legal stuff, though I don't understand most of it, is pretty interesting.

I retract the harsh statements I made, but not because of any flames I received from you all but because this is such an unusual case with all kinds of complicated legal rigamarole associated with it.

I am no medical or legal expert. I can provide no educated opinion. All I think is this poor woman and this family has been through enough. Somehow we need to get some closure, but I'm not sure any more the right way to do that. Starving her to death is cruel. I'm hearing questionable things about Michael and his character. I no longer know the right thing to do; either way, the outcome will be sad.

But I'm not a communist, a nazi, or a heartless person. I sympathize with those on both sides of this case, but I don't think this needs to be in the media so much. It's all that's on now, and there's more important things happening in the world.

T.E.

Sozo

The Edge said:
I sympathize with those on both sides of this case, but I don't think this needs to be in the media so much. It's all that's on now, and there's more important things happening in the world.

T.E.
Yeah! Like the latest U2 single, right dude? :thumb:

Sozo

The Edge said:
U2 is my favorite band. But rock music is not more important than life.

Apparently, just about anything is more important to you then the life of a young girl who is being murdered by her husband with the endorsement of the government you are serving.

I'm guessing that if you happen to be sent to Iraq, you have already made provisions to be starved to death, by your family, in the event that you are not able to feed yourself as the result of some misfortune. Is that correct?

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Sozo said:
Apparently, just about anything is more important to you then the life of a young girl who is being murdered by her husband with the endorsement of the government you are serving.

I'm guessing that if you happen to be sent to Iraq, you have already made provisions to be starved to death, by your family, in the event that you are not able to feed yourself as the result of some misfortune. Is that correct?
:rolleyes:
you know what happens when you "assume"

Sozo

The Edge said:
:rolleyes:
you know what happens when you "assume"

I know what happens when the courts assume, and I know what happens when you assume that the media and your friends are telling you the truth.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
right. so go back and read my other posts and settle down please. i retracted my assumptions. quit attacking me.

Ninjashadow

The Edge said:
From CNN.com

This is ridiculous. This friggin' case has become the most retarded media circus I ever saw. This is a private family matter that the whole country and court system does not need to be involved in. This is a waste of the judges' time. Waste of the president's time. And poor Terri! She had a living will and her husband has authority.

This crap will never end. And our media will continue to find stupid things to tell us and waste our time with. And Terri's parents are just sick, sick people. Let the poor woman die with dignity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

I tried to avoid the story as long as I could because it's not my business; this family's issue is not my business and it doesn't belong in the nation's courts! This burns me up.

First of all, she didn't have a legit living will otherwise her "husband" would have been showing it to every one. Secondly, you are right, it is a family thing, except the courts and all the dirty, stinking liberals aren't letting her family decide. Her "husband" is NOT part of her family because he gave up that right when started shacking up with the woman who is now his common law wife. That's right, he is a polygamist. If it were trully up to her family, this wouldn't be in the news because her family (father, mother, sister, brother) don't want her to die.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Edge said:
From CNN.com

This is ridiculous. This friggin' case has become the most retarded media circus I ever saw. This is a private family matter that the whole country and court system does not need to be involved in. This is a waste of the judges' time. Waste of the president's time. And poor Terri! She had a living will and her husband has authority.

This crap will never end. And our media will continue to find stupid things to tell us and waste our time with. And Terri's parents are just sick, sick people. Let the poor woman die with dignity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

I tried to avoid the story as long as I could because it's not my business; this family's issue is not my business and it doesn't belong in the nation's courts! This burns me up.
when your wife decides to smother you with a pillow, just remember it's a family matter!

Sozo

BillyBob said:
Yep, all she has to do is tell a judge that she remembers you requesting to be smothered.......
:chuckle:

If only O. J. had used this defense, there never would have been a trial.

"Yes, officer, she told me to stab her several times, and I had to stab Mr. Goldman because he was preventing me from carrying out her living will"

Crow

Advance directives. living wills, etc, are an example of laws that were intended for good being used for a wicked purpose.

These insturments were intended to spare people who were close to death and unable to be healed the opportunity to die without the pain and indignity of a battery of futile treatments to prolong the process of death. To allow a man or woman with a terminal disease to not be subjected to pointless, expensive, extrodinary, and often agonizing procedures that would not restore or maintain their health. It was a means of allowing people to die with some semblance of dignity; a way of promoting comfort over an attempt to prevent what is ultimately the fate of all of us and a natural end to life--death.

Living wills were not intended as a means to kill those members of society who were handicapped and needed assistance with basic human needs--food and water. They were not intended as instruments for to be wielded to effect the suicide or murder of "defective" humans.

I was raised to be proud of my country--a serviceman's kid who respected and loved my country. I was raised to appreciate the freedom, opportunity, and ideals of my country, even when those goals could not be acheived perfectly by imperfect human beings.

Today, I am ashamed of the direction my country is headed in. A woman's life is being taken by good laws perverted to exploit the weakest and most defenseless of human beings--a helpless woman who is considered to be unworthy of her own life. An woman who has not commited a capital crime is being put to death by a means that would not be tolerated if one chose to apply them to a dog. She is being executed barbarically by deliberate starvation.

Some say the law has no right to intervene. Since when is killing another human being not a concern of the law? Since when is a person's decision to kill another member of their family sacred--a personal matter that does not bring detriment to society as a whole?

Since 1973, when Rowe vs. Wade opened a Pandora's box that made it acceptable to cull our ranks of those who are unwanted and inconvenient. It became acceptable to assign an arbitrary value to the life of another human being, and end that life based not upon just cause but upon "choice."

Who will be the next group of people to be relegated to the delete bin? The feeble-minded? The crippled? A troublesome ethnic group?

Maybe it looks familiar. It should.

Last edited:

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
when your wife decides to smother you with a pillow, just remember it's a family matter!
I need to write a living will, so this horrible madness doesn't happen to me should i have an accident like that.

Sozo

The Edge said:
I need to write a living will, so this horrible madness doesn't happen to me should i have an accident like that.
Didn't I already suggest that to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.