"Veteran's Day"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doormat

How is the military evil? Have you ever read the Old Testament?

Isaiah 34:2 For the LORD'S indignation is against all the nations, And His wrath against all their armies; He has utterly destroyed them, He has given them over to slaughter.

What nation or army of this world is God not against? And if they are not evil, why is God against them?

Do you think we should disband the military and allow the
"crazies" of the world; to just walk in and ring your neck, etc.?

I have eternal life, but they don't. What do I have to lose? What did all those Christian martyrs lose by letting the "crazies" of the world persecute and murder them?

Do you think the Christians who rebelled against the king of England and fought a revolution to establish the United States, in which people who claimed to be Christians killed others who claimed to be Christians, were right to do what they did, or do you believe what they did was contrary to Romans 13:1-7 and the commandments and teachings of Jesus?

rainee

Doormat, I got to talk to you, brother

Thankfully Trad went quacking first so please look at what he said for a second:

If there were no soldiers, policemen or other assorted agents of the State who would stop you from speaking freely against your government? :confused:
False. Soldiers are agents of the State.

Doormat, For one moment please see that it doesn't matter if we talk about why people become soldiers, policemen or firemen -

because in one way or another they are all ultimately my weapon.

..Just like my hand gun, no difference.

You may say what you like but they are there for me - and everybody
else - even the silly ones just like CM was saying.

Anyone who thinks people should be able to defend themselves should believe our government should have people willing to fight for us.

I know - we have a lot of socially retarded who don't get this but
i hope you do.

Does our government use them in ways we disapprove of? Some say that is one thing that got Obama elected - W getting us involved.

So if I have the right to fight for myself then shouldn't I be soo appreciative to those who are soldiers, are policemen, are firemen for me?

Isaiah 34:2 For the LORD'S indignation is against all the nations, And His wrath against all their armies; He has utterly destroyed them, He has given them over to slaughter.

What nation or army of this world is God not against? And if they are not evil, why is God against them?

Should we do prophecy here?

Do you think the Christians who rebelled against the king of England and fought a revolution to establish the United States, in which people who claimed to be Christians killed others who claimed to be Christians, were right to do what they did, or do you believe what they did was contrary to Romans 13:1-7 and the commandments and teachings of Jesus?

Hard questions, require more than off the cuff replies - but do you say you think God has not used the US?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Even if it can be argued that most wars in which our military has been involved had nothing to do with our freedom it is still a logic error to to suggest they are not available to fight for our freedom should the need arise.

Though their availability to defend us against our government if they become tyrannical is, however, a question as they are government employees.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pretty much the deal...but, you have to understand what your dealing with Unknown, CL is an 18 yr old, wet behind the ears dope who thinks himself to be educated in the ways of the world...I have shoes older than him, that have seen more of the world than he. :chuckle:

Considering the source his rantings really don't mean much, or at least have no knowledge or experience behind them. ;)
:up: Well said.

And as far as I am concerned I think he should probably find another forum to participate on. Posting that crap here (especially on this day) was monumentally disrespectful.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Even if it can be argued that most wars in which our military has been involved had nothing to do with our freedom it is still a logic error to to suggest they are not available to fight for our freedom should the need arise.

Who's threatening your freedom in the first place? :confused:

Though their availability to defend us against our government if they become tyrannical is, however, a question as they are government employees.

The government only can become tyrannical through agents of the State like soldiers, policemen, etc. It's kind of hard to be tyrannical if you don't have armed men to be tyrannical with.

Note, none of this constitutes an argument against the military, etc, nor do I intend any disrespect to those who have served in the armed forces. I think that I'm just stating the obvious.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder what this toad will think when a muslim ventilates him.

Doormat

Doormat, For one moment please see that it doesn't matter if we talk about why people become soldiers, policemen or firemen -

This thread is only about veterans, and I'm a veteran. I believe that when you thank me for my military service you should know why I became a soldier.

You may say what you like but they are there for me - and everybody
else - even the silly ones just like CM was saying.

CM implied that I risked my life in the military to ensure women have the right to murder their unborn children. You agree with that? I should be thanked for that?

Anyone who thinks people should be able to defend themselves should believe our government should have people willing to fight for us.

Why doesn't God defend them?

Does our government use them in ways we disapprove of?

There is no "we" that approves or disapproves.

So if I have the right to fight for myself then shouldn't I be soo appreciative to those who are soldiers, are policemen, are firemen for me?

What you appreciate reveals what you value.

Should we do prophecy here?

I was responding to a Christian who mentioned the Old Testament. You could address my point, if you like.

Hard questions, require more than off the cuff replies - but do you say you think God has not used the US?

I don't see God moving people and nations around like Chess pieces on a board, do you?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This thread has been moved to the Hall of Shame for it's distasteful subject matter. On a day where normal humans honor those who fought for the freedom we enjoy in this country posting something like this is un-Christian, un-American, and unacceptable. The person who posted this sick garbage has been given a "TOL Vacation". - Knight

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I hope he reconsiders posting this kind of unchristian garbage in the future.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
This thread has been moved to the Hall of Shame for it's distasteful subject matter. On a day where normal humans honor those who fought for the freedom we enjoy in this country posting something like this is un-Christian, un-American, and unacceptable. The person who posted this sick garbage has been given a "TOL Vacation". - Knight

:thumb: and rightfully so...

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
:up: Well said.

And as far as I am concerned I think he should probably find another forum to participate on. Posting that crap here (especially on this day) was monumentally disrespectful.

That is an understatement....

Status
Not open for further replies.