• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another look.......

Originally posted by BabyChristian View Post
    You're a Gnostic? LOLLLLLLLLLOLOLOL
    Hi BC,

Adding to my previous post Here, I'm not sure what is funny about being a 'gnostic', since I consider it a sincere and valid path, which I hold in a most liberal sense of one who values 'gnosis'(knowledge) and the free individual pursuit of truth and experience of 'God' for themselves....which is at the core of both ancient and modern varieties of Gnosticism. Knowledge is wonderful, powerful and liberating.

Waterbear does not necessarily represent the whole of gnostic theology, neither is a representative for all gnostics....as many schools, individuals and culture-nuances exist within this spectrum, although many common themes and principles prevail, being universal. His passion for sharing historical facts and associations correlate to his own revelations and insights consonant with what some early gnostics believed. I share some aspects of this 'universalism' but tailoring such to the schools of my own affection, naturally.

As one continues Godward (or abides in God-consciousness),...progressive revelation is always OPEN, since we are always growing in grace and wisdom, if indeed the Spirit of God is with us.

Even if this 'cliche' is old....its still true....."you cant put God in a box"......

In-joy!

pj

sigpic

Our Real Nature
    freelight's cosmic cafe
    Free-light-Express

~*~*~
    Resource Nexus l Theosophical Studies l Esoteric School of Gnostic Wisdom l Sanatana Dharma lAdidaml Facebook l Thread Catalog & History

Comment

Originally posted by freelight View Post
      Knowledge is wonderful, powerful and liberating.
      Very true....it is also a truism that unless one is careful; knowledge tends to inflate the ego. Inflated ego tends to turn people into a parody of what they intend to represent.

Thankfully Paul, you have gracefully avoided that trap.....others are not so fortunate. They earn their ridicule.
      Last edited by TomO; December 18th, 2011, 06:33 AM.
      Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
      ~Leonard Cohen

sigpic

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
      ~Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Originally posted by freelight View Post
        Hi BC,

Adding to my previous post Here, I'm not sure what is funny about being a 'gnostic', since I consider it a sincere and valid path, which I hold in a most liberal sense of one who values 'gnosis'(knowledge) and the free individual pursuit of truth and experience of 'God' for themselves....which is at the core of both ancient and modern varieties of Gnosticism. Knowledge is wonderful, powerful and liberating.

Waterbear does not necessarily represent the whole of gnostic theology, neither is a representative for all gnostics....as many schools, individuals and culture-nuances exist within this spectrum, although many common themes and principles prevail, being universal. His passion for sharing historical facts and associations correlate to his own revelations and insights consonant with what some early gnostics believed. I share some aspects of this 'universalism' but tailoring such to the schools of my own affection, naturally.

As one continues Godward (or abides in God-consciousness),...progressive revelation is always OPEN, since we are always growing in grace and wisdom, if indeed the Spirit of God is with us.

Even if this 'cliche' is old....its still true....."you cant put God in a box"......

In-joy!

pj
        Indeed! And good news, God doesn't put His children into boxes either. We put ourselves there and to our shame, we put others there.

Comment

Working...
        X