2003 TOL Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
BB, get over it!

Adding players wouldn't help or hurt any team! You could do that before! (you would just have to release a player as well) But adding reserve players stimulates trading because you have more "chips" to deal with.

I only suggested it because our league was stagnant. Nobody wants to trade because when you only have one reserve you are forced to trade starter for starter and that doesn't stimulate trading.

I started a VERY LARGE FFL league 12 years ago and I have been through all this so I thought it would help.

I didn't suggest it before the draft because I didn't realize there was such a small reserve limit until after the draft.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I never said I had a problem with adding players. I was quite clear about my points of contention [scroll back and READ THEM!]. You guys railroaded this against protest. You changed the rules in the middle of the game and didn't seek a consensus. You set up the time so some coaches would have an advantage above others. This cannot be denied.

I will NOT get over this. You can deny coersion all you want, but the fact remains that this change was not done fairly.

You guys messed up this league and now it's ruined for the season.

So much for sportsmanship.

And telling me to get over it 100 more times won't change the fact that YOU cheated.

And to think I was worried about Tye.........:nono:

wholearmor

Why couldn't we have done it like a Battle Royale? List the coaches in picking order, put a clock on each coach, make sure they know about it, and then if they miss the deadline, they miss their pick. Would that work?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Or just list the drafting order and when a coach has made his pick, he could PM the next guy in line. Simple! Fair. Everybody gets a chance regardless of working schedule and computer time.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Even if we didn't draft 5 members each the first week, we would eventually get there and there would be no sense of urgency because we already have our active players.

And to say that the reason for increasing the team size is because it helps trading doesn't wash because anybody who got the jump on the rest of us has already picked the better players and left the slim pickens for the rest of us.

wholearmor

Originally posted by BillyBob
Even if we didn't draft 5 members each the first week, we would eventually get there and there would be no sense of urgency because we already have our active players.

And to say that the reason for increasing the team size is because it helps trading doesn't wash because anybody who got the jump on the rest of us has already picked the better players and left the slim pickens for the rest of us.

Well...at least the guys that got to grab players at noon on the 24th can trade each other!

drbrumley

Team Owners,

Seems we have a disagreement amongst ourselves as to how we should have had the extra 5 players handled.

I got BillyBob's point of veiw. What about the rest of you?

Jefferson? Pastor? all others? Thanx in advance for your replies.

drbrumley

To all team owners.

First off, I would like to apologize if the recent adding players deal got you alittle steamed. It was not intended to create a problem, and if it did, I apologize.

With that said, and I am not requiring this as of yet. But would like to see done is this.......

Everyone who took advantage of the adding players, please follow my lead and drop 5 players at your choosing. I have already done so. Besides the players I had were just taking up space and werent doing for me anyway. The trades that were to accompany this has not materialized. I think we just must face it. WE ARE NOT A TRADING LEAGUE!!!!! I like the players I have and this just shows the difference between teams is minimal.

As for this being a stagnant league, I have to disagree. There is close games every week that are exciting to watch as it unfolds. I don't know if you take advantage of watching how the games progress on your Gamescoring page, but maybe you should as you watch your teams on TV.

With that said, I want to announce that this league will be here next year and for this moment forward, IS NOW CONSIDERED A KEEPER LEAGUE!!!! This means you keep the same players you have into next year.

Have a great game this week!

In Christ,
DRBrumley

Em7add11

Official TOL band member
drbrumley:

As for this being a stagnant league, I have to disagree. There is close games every week that are exciting to watch as it unfolds. I don't know if you take advantage of watching how the games progress on your Gamescoring page, but maybe you should as you watch your teams on TV.

I'm projected to beat Knight this Sunday. How great would that be for my first win?

drbrumley

To all Team Owners,

To those who have dropped 5 players, Thank you.

Sozo, you need to drop 5 players and one of them MUST BE Koren Robinson.

UPRoar, please drop 5 players.

Snipers, please drop 3 players.

RidgeRunners, please drop 5 players.

Memphis Tigers, please drop 5 players.

Homestar Runners, please drop 2 players.

Easiest way to do it, is just drop who you picked up during the 5 free agents pick up.

Once all have dropped the players needed to become roster legal, we will start picking players one at a time with the team with the worst power ranking picking first. Then snake its way till we are done.

Thank You for your copperation.

drbrumley

Free Agent pick order.

Free Agent pick order.

This is how we will pick the free agents:

1. UPROAR

2. Flyin Eagles

3. The Snipers

4. Knight's Avalanche

5. Memphis Tigers

6. The RidgeRunners

7. Homestar Runners

8. The Supertones

9. The Redneck Commie Killers

10. The Troglodytes

11. PCGators

12. Sozo's Ranter's

Good luck and good pickin!

drbrumley

How do you feel about these rules for the league. I just want to get your opinions on it.

Roster Limits: • Owners can have between 16 and 24 players, including two practice squad players, on their roster during the offseason. When the NFL cuts down to 53-man rosters each owner must also cut his roster, down to 20 players.
• Practice squad players can be shuffled in and out of the regular roster, but another owner can take any player on the practice squad in any given week. However, that player must be active and in the starting lineup of the new owner that week.
Ex.) If Jay Glazer takes Trevor Gaylor off Pete Prisco's practice squad during a given week, Jay must then start Gaylor in his next game.
• All owners must specify which two players will be deemed "practice squad players" prior to Friday morning in a given week. This will allow owners to examine all rosters to determine if they will take a player from an opposing owner.
• There will be 10 active players per week: 1 quarterback, 2 running backs, 3 wide receivers, 1 tight end, 1 kicker, 1 "flex" position and 1 defensive team. A "flex" position can only be filled by a running back, wide receiver or tight end.
• Owners are required to have at least 1 quarterback, 2 running backs, 3 wide receivers, 1 tight end, 1 kicker and 1 defensive team on their roster at all times. The remaining 11 roster spots, including practice squad spots, can be filled with any combination of position players.

Players: • Owners can change individual players' status up to 5 minutes before gametime for that player.
• Free agents that have not been on a roster for more than 24 hours can be picked up on a first come, first-served basis. However, claims made for a player that has been released within 24 hours will be subject to waivers.

Ex. 1) If LaMont Jordan has not been on a roster for 24 hours or more, the first owner to claim him can add him to his roster with no waiver constraints.

Ex. 2) If Jim Nantz drops Chad Hutchinson on Wednesday at 8:00 am, any claim for Hutchinson prior to Thursday at 8:00 am will be subject to waivers.
• All trades must be approved by the commissioner. The trading deadline is Week 10 of the regular season.

Playoffs: • Teams will be split into three divisions. The winner of each division will make the playoffs. The Wild Card spot will be rewarded to the second-place team with the best record, regardless of division.
• Tiebreakers will be determined by:

Head-to-head results
Head-to-head points scored
Total points scored
Reverse schedule results

OFFENSIVE SCORING
Passing TD 6 points each
Passing INT -2 points each
Passing Yards 1 point for every 25 yards
Passing Two-point conversions 2 points each
Rushing TD 6 points each
Rushing Yards 1 point for every 10 yards
Receiving TD 6 points
Receiving Yards 1 point for every 10 yards
Receiving Two-point conversions 2 points each
Fumbles Lost -2 points each
Field Goals 3 points each
Extra Points 1 point each

DEFENSIVE SCORING
Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points each
Defensive Fumble Recoveries 2 points each
Safeties 2 points each
Interceptions 1 point each
Sacks 1 point each
Shutouts 5 points

drbrumley

Line by line what I would like to see. Any opinions on this are welcome.

Roster Limits: • Owners can have between 16 and 24 players, including two practice squad players, on their roster during the offseason. When the NFL cuts down to 53-man rosters each owner must also cut his roster, down to 20 players.
Practice squad players can be shuffled in and out of the regular roster, but another owner can take any player on the practice squad in any given week. However, that player must be active and in the starting lineup of the new owner that week.
Ex.) If Jay Glazer takes Trevor Gaylor off Pete Prisco's practice squad during a given week, Jay must then start Gaylor in his next game.
• All owners must specify which two players will be deemed "practice squad players" prior to Friday morning in a given week. This will allow owners to examine all rosters to determine if they will take a player from an opposing owner.

This can wait till next if even implemented at all.

There will be 10 active players per week: 1 quarterback, 2 running backs, 3 wide receivers, 1 tight end, 1 kicker, 1 "flex" position and 1 defensive team. A "flex" position can only be filled by a running back, wide receiver or tight end.

Owners are required to have at least 1 quarterback, 2 running backs, 3 wide receivers, 1 tight end, 1 kicker and 1 defensive team on their roster at all times. The remaining 11 roster spots, including practice squad spots, can be filled with any combination of position players.

This I like. And if there is no objection to this, this is exactly what we will do this year for the remainder of the season.

Owners can change individual players' status up to 5 minutes before gametime for that player.

This is already been our rule. nothing changes here.

Free agents that have not been on a roster for more than 24 hours can be picked up on a first come, first-served basis. However, claims made for a player that has been released within 24 hours will be subject to waivers.

Ex. 1) If LaMont Jordan has not been on a roster for 24 hours or more, the first owner to claim him can add him to his roster with no waiver constraints.

Ex. 2) If Jim Nantz drops Chad Hutchinson on Wednesday at 8:00 am, any claim for Hutchinson prior to Thursday at 8:00 am will be subject to waivers.

All trades must be approved by the commissioner. The trading deadline is Week 10 of the regular season.

Our rule is anyone can trade without my approval.

Everything else is the same anyway so no changes need to be made.

In Christ,
DRBrumley

P.S. I want some feedback to this cause I'm not going to be accused of railroading a league rule again. So please speak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.