2003 TOL Fantasy Football League

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
FOUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have a computer at work!!!!!!!!!!!!! [I work on other peoples houses]

You office guys have a built in advantage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time I get home, all that will be left are WA's rejects!!!!!!!

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I think a more fair way to do it is to have a secondary draft. We can take turns picking 1 player each in succession. The order should be determined according to the FF Coach ranking. You can either start with the number 1 coach or the number 12 coach and draft in order from there. We have 5 days until the next game, that will be more than enough time.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
HEY! WHAT DID WE DECIDE TO DO? THERE ISN'T VERY GOOD COMMUNICATION WITH YOU GUYS! IPMed DOC AND KNIGHT YESTERDAY ABOUT THIS AND NOBODY RESPONDED. IF WE ARE GOING TO CHANGE THE RULES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME, I THINK THERE SHOULD BE A CONSENSUS.

drbrumley

I did respond via a PM to you and said that this is what we will do.

That we can pick any players available after 3 Eastern.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
BillyBob wrote on 09-23-2003 06:45 PM:
Hey Doc, I posted a few comments in the FF forum you should read. I have some ideas about picking 5 players each.

Doc;
I read it. Let me think on it for a few!

Billy;
That was it! No further response, no confirmation, nothing. This is bullsh!t.

drbrumley

well, I dont know what to tell you. I responded later that evening and said that is what we were going to do and then I went to bed.

If you didnt get that, I dont know what happened..

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
There should have been a consensus. This isn't right. I bet some coaches aren't even aware of this yet.

This was mishandled!!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate your diligent work and all the time you have spent to set this up for us, but this is a big mistake.

It was not originally what we agreed to and it was not handled in a fair manner.

I don't mind that we each add 5 players, but it should have been done in a way that ALL coaches had time to respond to this proposal and agree upon which way it should be handled.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Doc;
If you didnt get that, I dont know what happened..

Billy;
No, I did noty get a PM. No, I did not get an e-mail. No, you did not post here in this thread.

I'm outta here.

rfburnhertz

Repent Leo, repent
I attempted to pick up a couple players but was not allowed, happen to know why?

In the end, there isn't much to choose from anyway.

Heres my, thought....
each time we beat a team we get to take any one of their players we want.
Except when I loose that is.
When I loose I get any two players from the team that beats me.

I like it. :)

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Don't expect anybody to respond to you, rf. The league is fixed.

Knight got tired of losing so he coerced Doc to give him an advantage.

Doc had no choice, of course.

Did you get a chance to express your views before the rules were changed in mid season?

This SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drbrumley

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I was coerced into this?

OK BILLYBOB, here's the deal. I will delete all the extra add ons. It will be your JOB on Friday to make sure everyone gets here to make thier picks in a draft format with the team with the worst record picking first. Sound fair? I hope so! Make a time for Friday and make sure they can get here.

As you can see, this would be difficult. You can't get everyone here at the same time, otherwise, I would have had a live draft to begin with.

But we will do it your way. As long as everyone gets 5 additional players, I could care less how we get em. Plus , I think you owe Knight an apology for making such a baseless statement. Me too for that matter.

Good night.

And if this doesn't work. We go back to the old way for the remainder of the year. Sound fair?

drbrumley

Originally posted by rfburnhertz
I attempted to pick up a couple players but was not allowed, happen to know why?

In the end, there isn't much to choose from anyway.

Heres my, thought....
each time we beat a team we get to take any one of their players we want.
Except when I loose that is.
When I loose I get any two players from the team that beats me.

I like it. :)

In other words, RF wins.:doh: :thumb: :crackup:

drbrumley

Not a bad idea! Just not feasable.

I worked hard to get this going and running as smoothly as possible. I do appreciate your ideas though. Actually, Im leaning on forgetting the whole 5 extra players deal and just go back to the way it was. But it's just not my league. I feel it's our league and I want everyone to be happy they can play here. So everyone's suggestions (whether we can do it or not) is welcome and appreciated.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Doc;
I worked hard to get this going and running as smoothly as possible.

Billy;
And everyone is thankful to you.

Doc;
I do appreciate your ideas though.

Billy;
Coulda fooled me. I gave my ideas and was never responded to.

Doc;
Actually, Im leaning on forgetting the whole 5 extra players deal and just go back to the way it was.

Billy;
It's too late.

Doc;
But it's just not my league.

Billy;
No, not mine either.

Doc;
I feel it's our league and I want everyone to be happy they can play here.

Billy;
Especially if your name is Knight.

Doc;
So everyone's suggestions (whether we can do it or not) is welcome and appreciated.

Billy;
:rolleyes:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Doc;
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Billy;
You need to read more of Tye's posts.

Doc;
I was coerced into this?

Billy;
Knight suggested it, you jumped.

Doc;
OK BILLYBOB, here's the deal. I will delete all the extra add ons. It will be your JOB on Friday to make sure everyone gets here to make thier picks in a draft format with the team with the worst record picking first. Sound fair? I hope so! Make a time for Friday and make sure they can get here.

Billy;
Hey, I made a suggestion on TUESDAY of how we could do this. NOBODY RESPONDED, so don't make it sound as if it was all going to be done in one day, at the last minute.

Besides, if we took turns and didn't get to the point where we each had 5 extra guys, then we would each have 3 extra guys or whatever the stopping point is before the games start.

This isn't brain surgery, I would have gladly helped with the details IF SOMEONE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN BACK TO ME!

Doc;
As you can see, this would be difficult. You can't get everyone here at the same time, otherwise, I would have had a live draft to begin with.

Billy;
They don't have to be here at the same time.There is no urgency. It could have been done in a simple order.

Doc;
But we will do it your way.

Billy;
It isn't about doing it my way, it is about getting a consensus. Besides, we have allready done it Knights way.

Doc;
As long as everyone gets 5 additional players, I could care less how we get em. Plus , I think you owe Knight an apology for making such a baseless statement. Me too for that matter.

Billy;
Hey, I PMed both of you guys and you totally ignored my suggestions and neither of you responding to me in this thread. What other conclusion do expect me to come to?

drbrumley

BillyBob,

I will say this 1 more time. I PM'ed you AFTER the one I sent to you saying I will get back to you. What happened to the PM I sent, I don't know. So being I PM'ed you, I didn't feel it neccesary to make posts in the thread. With that said, if you are upset with me then I apologize. As for rigging the league and other unfounded statements about Knight, sorry you feel that way. But we will get over it. Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.