Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. 5020 View Post
    You do realize it was a joke, right?
    No, because she evolved no sense of humor.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
      But why not just stay in the water to begin with?
      Because when animals began moving to the land there was a pretty empty ecosystem- just plants to chow on and no real predators. Of course, the predators followed them onto the land soon, but hey- nothing's perfect.
      "Those who have crossed
      With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
      Remember us--if at all--not as lost
      Violent souls, but only
      As the hollow men
      The stuffed men." ... T.S. Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by PlastikBuddha View Post
        Because when animals began moving to the land there was a pretty empty ecosystem- just plants to chow on and no real predators. Of course, the predators followed them onto the land soon, but hey- nothing's perfect.
        Just to be clear, you're making an educated guess, right? You actually have no idea.

Comment

You do realize it was a joke, right?
          (Knight thinks of a clever insult)

Fortunately, I'm a Christian, and therefore don't think it's shameful to be a woman. So your gender confusion "insult" is just funny, not insulting.

As far as the video being a joke, it's hard to tell with creationists. I've had them tell me stuff like that for straight. It's funny, of course, but not in the way you think it is.

Reminds me of a joke:

"How many creationists does it take to replace a light bulb?"

"THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!!"
          This message is hidden because ...

Comment

Originally Posted by PlastikBuddha

Just to be clear, you're making an educated guess, right?
            No. At the time of these transitional tetrapods, there were no large animals on the land, just insects, none of which were any threat to them. In fact, they were probably utilized as prey, first by the fish rising up out of shallow water ( the evidence shows that the earliest fish with legs could basically only do a "pushup" motion) and then later by venturing onto land. No predators, there.

You actually have no idea.
            If he's familiar with the evidence, he does.

Comment

Just to be clear, you're making an educated guess, right? You actually have no idea.
              If he had no idea, then he couldn't make an educated guess.

Comment

No, it is not an educated guess- it is pretty clear when the history of life is examined. Plants were the first land pioneers, stiffening their stalks and reaching for the sun and into the earth. They were followed by arthropods, and later vertebrates who left the water to avoid predators and find food. You may accept it or not, but I have a very good idea and it is supported by the evidence. We still have amphibians which need to return to the water for part of their lifecycle and many insects do the same.
                "Those who have crossed
                Violent souls, but only
                As the hollow men

Comment

Originally posted by PlastikBuddha View Post
                  They were followed by arthropods, and later vertebrates who left the water to avoid predators and find food.
                  What prevented them from dying then, that does not prevent them now? Perhaps you could tell me about some vertebrate that in recent history has made the slightest change towards this event.

Comment

Originally posted by Mystery View Post
                    What prevented them from dying then, that does not prevent them now? Perhaps you could tell me about some vertebrate that in recent history has made the slightest change towards this event.
                    What are you talking about? The transition from water to land has happened a few times, as I mentioned, and there are animals today that straddle the gap. If you want more details check out the lungfish and the mudskipper.
                    "Those who have crossed
                    Violent souls, but only
                    As the hollow men

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
                      After much research, I did find a report that was up to your specs....
                      Here's another canard the evilutionists want you to swallow. They're crazy, I tells you.
                      "What if the Hokie Pokie is really what it's all about?"

"The best things in life aren't things"

Comment

Don't encourage them. That's going to turn up somewhere on the web for real.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                            (Knight thinks of a clever insult)

Fortunately, I'm a Christian, and therefore don't think it's shameful to be a woman. So your gender confusion "insult" is just funny, not insulting.

As far as the video being a joke, it's hard to tell with creationists. I've had them tell me stuff like that for straight. It's funny, of course, but not in the way you think it is.

Reminds me of a joke:

"How many creationists does it take to replace a light bulb?"

"THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!!"
                            Uh... you are a Christian and you're NOT a creationist???

I mean... I could understand you not being a Young Earth Creationist but certainly you are a creationist, aren't you???
                            Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                            TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                              Don't encourage them. That's going to turn up somewhere on the web for real.
                              I don't think anyone will really be gullible enough to believe that animals can change over time, or that a big bad wolf will suddenly have a chihuahua pup. Crazy I tells ya.
                              "What if the Hokie Pokie is really what it's all about?"

"The best things in life aren't things"

Comment

Originally posted by mighty_duck View Post
                                Here's another canard the evilutionists want you to swallow. They're crazy, I tells you.
                                That's one amazing female dog!

Comment

Working...
                                X