How cows evolved into whales.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dying_star View Post
    I wonder what whale cheese would taste like...
    I think whale milk is like insanely packed with fat, so it would probably be pretty gross. I'd like to meet the man who tries to milk one, though...
    "Those who have crossed
    With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
    Remember us--if at all--not as lost
    Violent souls, but only
    As the hollow men
    The stuffed men." ... T.S. Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Mystery View Post
      Looks like someone's faith has been rattled.
      All right, all right- I admit I took it a little too seriously.
      "Those who have crossed
      Violent souls, but only
      As the hollow men

Comment

Originally posted by PlastikBuddha View Post
        All right, all right- I admit I took it a little too seriously.
        See??? It's not so hard to have fun! Even with us fundies!
        Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
        TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post

"Those who have crossed
          Violent souls, but only
          As the hollow men

Comment

Originally posted by SUTG View Post
            Fascinating. Was this video peer reviewed?
            After much research, I did find a report that was up to your specs....
            Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
            TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Well that proves it. I might as well burn my Y.E.C. membership card, cancel my subscription to Creation Magazine, and start an anti Ken Ham campaign.
              Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
              . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

After much research, I did find a report that was up to your specs....
                Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
                . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

ala Monty Python and the Flying MooCus.

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15.13

Comment

I think whale milk is like insanely packed with fat, so it would probably be pretty gross. I'd like to meet the man who tries to milk one, though...

Comment

That's not the mammary! Eugh.....

Comment

Why would something crawl out of the sea, and then end up going back in to evolve into a sea creature? Why not stay in the water?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                          Why would something crawl out of the sea, and then end up going back in to evolve into a sea creature? Why not stay in the water?
                          Probably because most every other mammal decided to stay on land. It could have been competition for over resources (aka food and territory). The ocean is full of food and open space.

Comment

Originally posted by Real Sorceror View Post
                            Probably because most every other mammal decided to stay on land. It could have been competition for over resources (aka food and territory). The ocean is full of food and open space.
                            But why not just stay in the water to begin with?
                            sigpic

Comment

What's funny, is that most YE creationists actually believe that's how scientists think it happened.

And (of course) they get jowl-quivering indignant when people conclude they aren't very smart.

They can hardly be blamed. About 20 years ago, I saw a video in which a creationist (I think Henry Morris) presented his version of a whale transitional.

It was the front half of a cow attached to the rear half of a fish. And his audience nodded with great seriousness, when he declared that is what evolution says about whales.

He also declared that if anyone found a whale with legs, it would make an evolutionist of him. Later, when such whales were found, he declared that if they had legs, they wouldn't be whales.
                              This message is hidden because ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                                What's funny, is that most YE creationists actually believe that's how scientists think it happened.

And (of course) they get jowl-quivering indignant when people conclude they aren't very smart.

They can hardly be blamed. About 20 years ago, I saw a video in which a creationist (I think Henry Morris) presented his version of a whale transitional.

It was the front half of a cow attached to the rear half of a fish. And his audience nodded with great seriousness, when he declared that is what evolution says about whales.

He also declared that if anyone found a whale with legs, it would make an evolutionist of him. Later, when such whales were found, he declared that if they had legs, they wouldn't be whales.
                                You do realize it was a joke, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X