ARCHIVE: Open Theism part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This thread will be a continuation of the thread ARCHIVE: Open Theism pt. 1

Which at the time of this posting had 6,788 replies and almost 74,000 views! yet because of the size of the thread it had grown sluggish therefore we shut it down and opened part 2 here!

Enjoy and lets get back to the discussion!

The future.... is it completely settled in advance or open to an extent?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Okay! I get the first official post on the new thread!

Let's (re)start with a question...

Did God hate Esau?

Last edited:

Lon

When did God hate Esau, before or after his birth?

Rom 9:10 Not only that, but when Rebekah had conceived children by one man,22 our ancestor Isaac —
Rom 9:11 even before they were born or had done anything good or bad (so that God's purpose in election would stand, not by works but by his calling) —
Rom 9:12 it was said to her, "The older will serve the younger,"
Rom 9:13 just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice with God? Absolutely not!
Rom 9:15 For he says to Moses: "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."

Mal 1:2 GOD said, "I love you." You replied, "Really? How have you loved us?" "Look at history" (this is GOD's answer). "Look at how differently I've treated you, Jacob, from Esau: I loved Jacob
Mal 1:3 and hated Esau. I reduced pretentious Esau to a molehill, turned his whole country into a ghost town."

Lon

Okay, I'll take that as a yes.

Do you (you personally) hate your mother and father?

Resting in Him,
Clete
Luk 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
"Rock on Emo dude!" OR something quite different, I.E:

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy.
Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Lonster et al,

I am fully aware of the Scripture passages, your quoting them does not answer the question.

I say that God did not hate Esau and no I definitely do not hate my parents.

There, now I've given straight forward answers, please reciprocate with simple yes or no answers.

Did God hate Esau? Yes or no?

Do you hate your parents? Yes or no?

Once we get an unequivocal answer, we can proceed to the actual meat of the debate. Let's not drag out the preliminaries unnecessarily.

Resting in Him,
Clete

drbrumley

Okay! I get the first official post on the new thread!

Let's (re)start with a question...

Did God hate Esau?

Did God actually hate Esau? Looking at Esau, I still see God's favor upon Him. So I say no. God did not hate Esau.

drbrumley

An edit to post #6

God did not hate Esau until only after Esau had practiced the evil things and despised his heritage.

And even that is debatable being Isreal did many evil things in the site of our Lord, and God still will use them and call them His people. Just my reasoning. Take it or leave it.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Lonster et al,

I am fully aware of the Scripture passages, your quoting them does not answer the question.

I say that God did not hate Esau and no I definitely do not hate my parents.

There, now I've given straight forward answers, please reciprocate with simple yes or no answers.

Did God hate Esau? Yes or no?

Do you hate your parents? Yes or no?

Once we get an unequivocal answer, we can proceed to the actual meat of the debate. Let's not drag out the preliminaries unnecessarily.

Resting in Him,
Clete

No, and No.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Obviously someone who is "banned" and came in under a new user name. Perhaps?

?, got me.

Just seems like I would have heard about some guy "slamming" the OV over 100 times around here.

baloney, you can assert that you've slammed the argument already, but you are way ahead of yourself if you think everyone will pack up and go home on that.

Maybe you could answer Clete's question? Be the first really brave non-OV'er.

elected4ever

Did God actually hate Esau? Looking at Esau, I still see God's favor upon Him. So I say no. God did not hate Esau.
Well, Maybe God really don't mean what he said.:shocked: We can just change it to suit ourselves and mold God in our own image. Isn't a God that does not hate more lovable anyway. :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.