This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Clete View Post
    It's unfortunate really that Nang has decided to come here to be nothing but an obtuse nuisance. She is really quite knowledgeable about Calvinist doctrine and could, if she wanted to, contribute to an interesting debate that would be worthwhile to not only read but participate in. As it is, however, she is just an obnoxious moron who's posts are literally worthless. She is not only an embarrassment to herself and to Calvinism but the whole of Christianity and is a terrific example of everything that is bad about internet discussion forums. The only redeeming quality is that her irrational yammering serves, without response from us, to do more harm to the Calvinist position than any of us could ever do on our own.

Resting in Him,
    Clete

Constant resorting to ad hominem and abusive language is indicative of a theological loser.
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

Comment

• Originally posted by Nang View Post
      Constant resorting to ad hominem and abusive language is indicative of a theological loser.
      Did you realize you are a hypocrite?

Were you aware of this?
      Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
      TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

• Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
        Okay, I think I see the confusion.
        You're associating the abomination of desolation with the destruction of the Temple?

The destruction of the temple takes place in Daniel 9:26. The abomination of desolation isn't destruction, it takes place in Daniel 9:27.

Between Daniel 9:26 and Daniel 9:27, the Temple would have to be rebuilt.
        No I am not

The abomination is probably a sacrifice of a pig in the temple in place of the lambs. Or something like this.

I am trying to point our your confusion about the rebuilding of the temple occurring before the abomination. Yes the temple is to be rebuilt, but that already happened 400 years before the 70th week. It wasn't supposed to rebuilt a 2nd time for the abomination to occure, it was the first rebuilding Daniel refers to.
        - Changing wineskins, at last.

- iPhone's Coolest Bible/, Touch Bible.

Comment

• Originally posted by themuzicman View Post
          But they weren't all driven out before Israel.

Muz
          Does national Israel exist today?
          "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
          Charles Spurgeon

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight View Post
            Did you realize you are a hypocrite?

Were you aware of this?
            What is your Scriptural basis for asking?

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

Comment

• Are you saying that God did "drive them out"?

A YES or NO would be great.

Comment

Does national Israel exist today?
                Do you understand the boundaries God established for Israel still have gentiles occupying them? 3000 years after the prophecy?

Comment

Are you saying that God did "drive them out"?

Are you saying God did not?

A yes or no will be sufficient.

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Are you saying God did not?
                    YES.

I am saying God DID NOT drive them out.

Now please answer my question.

Comment

• Originally posted by patman View Post
                      Do you understand the boundaries God established for Israel still have gentiles occupying them? 3000 years after the prophecy?
                      The prophecy had nothing to do with "boundaries," but with occupation of a certain land, which was certainly fulfilled for the Jews.

The only way this prophecy would have gone unfulfilled, is if Israel never occupied Canaan and Palestine.

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

Comment

YES.

I am saying God DID NOT drive them out.

Now please answer my question.

Yes, and yes.

The first yes, is regarding the historical occupation of the Jews in Canaan and Palestine. The second yes, regards the spiritual application of this prophecy and promise.

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

Comment

The prophecy had nothing to do with "boundaries," but with occupation of a certain land, which was certainly fulfilled for the Jews.

The only way this prophecy would have gone unfulfilled, is if Israel never occupied Canaan and Palestine.
                          Don't you know anything about the Bible?

God was driving out all the nations from the country of Israel, designated by its borders. Today the Boundaries of Israel are not the same as God set them up originally. The nation that God was talking about never had these tribes/peoples/nations driven out of it.

Pretend all you want, because that is the only way you can keep your precious calvinism.

Comment

Yes, and yes.

The first yes, is regarding the historical occupation of the Jews in Canaan and Palestine. The second yes, regards the spiritual application of this prophecy and promise.
                            Well then, you just lost the argument.

Were you aware that God Himself tells us that He DIDN'T drive them out?
                            Josh 15:63 As for the Jebusites, the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the children of Judah could not drive them out; but the Jebusites dwell with the children of Judah at Jerusalem to this day.

Josh 16:10 And they did not drive out the Canaanites who dwelt in Gezer; but the Canaanites dwell among the Ephraimites to this day and have become forced laborers.

Jud 2:1-3 Then the Angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said: I led you up from Egypt and brought you to the land of which I swore to your fathers; and I said, I will never break My covenant with you. 2 And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall tear down their altars. But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this? 3 Therefore I also said, I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.

There is no argument. (or at least there shouldn't be if you would read God's word)

God DID NOT drive them out even though He said that He would "without fail".

Would you admit that you didn't know about this story and spoke out of ignorance? Will you agree (now that you know better) to never again assert that God did drive them out when God Himself states that He didn't drive them out?

Will you admit you were wrong?

Comment

• On a side note.......

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...1&d=1181589907

...Every time I get on here, I can't help but notice Baloney is online reading this thread.

Hi baloney

Comment

• Originally posted by patman View Post
                                On a side note.......

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...1&d=1181589907

...Every time I get on here, I can't help but notice Baloney is online reading this thread.

Hi baloney

Got mustard?

"Proof? You want PROOF! You can't handle the proof!"

Comment

Working...
                                X